Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Cruise Tours Vs Cruise Only in a Group Situation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lorraine
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Lorraine

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Cruise Tours Vs Cruise Only in a Group Situation Empty
PostSubject: Cruise Tours Vs Cruise Only in a Group Situation   Cruise Tours Vs Cruise Only in a Group Situation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 11:27 am

We're looking at the 2009 Europe group that's being formed here and, I have a question. The latest poll is Cruise Only vs. Cruise Tour. Say the majority of the group wants the Cruise Tour but, I want cruise only - would it still be possible to book into the group for the cruise only segment without the cruise tour?
Back to top Go down

Cruise Tours Vs Cruise Only in a Group Situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Tours Vs Cruise Only in a Group Situation   Cruise Tours Vs Cruise Only in a Group Situation Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 1:17 pm

Of course all policies vary from one cruise line to the next, but usually in a group situation the cruise line makes us block space for cruise only and separate space for cruisetour.

What I had to do with Alaska for a group last summer was to book the cruise only space with the cruise line, and then those that wanted to do a land tour afterwards did so through a land tour company in Alaska. That way everyone could book into the cruise group space, and those that didn't want to do the land tour could go straight home, but those that did the land tour were still able to do so.
Back to top Go down

Cruise Tours Vs Cruise Only in a Group Situation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Travel Agent Topics :: Ask A Travel Agent-
Jump to: