Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

What do you do on Cunard?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

What do you do on Cunard? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do on Cunard?   What do you do on Cunard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 2:35 pm

What do you do on Cunard? - Page 2 21478810
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you do on Cunard?   What do you do on Cunard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 2:35 pm

Sorry let me see if I can't get these bigger...
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: What do you do on Cunard?   What do you do on Cunard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 2:45 pm

Hey Derek thanks for that , very informative. A little bit difficult to read but much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Adirondack Pete
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Adirondack Pete

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: What do you do on Cunard?   What do you do on Cunard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:04 pm

Seeing that made me really home sick!!!

Cannot wait until July!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you do on Cunard?   What do you do on Cunard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:09 pm

What?? No QUEST??????????????????? affraid affraid

Just kidding........(before anyone thinks Im serious)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: What do you do on Cunard?   What do you do on Cunard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:19 pm

lol! Kathy that would take place right after the belching contest!
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: What do you do on Cunard?   What do you do on Cunard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:22 pm

Admin wrote:
lol! Kathy that would take place right after the belching contest!
Hey~~ now you're talking........gotta chug a few pints to enter that one...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you do on Cunard?   What do you do on Cunard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:08 pm

Changing the subject slightly. Do I have to get a gown like Nina is wearing in her picture ?
queen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you do on Cunard?   What do you do on Cunard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:12 pm

DancingQueen wrote:
Changing the subject slightly. Do I have to get a gown like Nina is wearing in her picture ?
queen

On Cunard? I would say yes. Their formal nights are true formal nights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you do on Cunard?   What do you do on Cunard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:30 am

Is there anywhere I can see some other examples of suitable gowns ?
Also when it is not 'formal' night what is suitable ?
queen
Back to top Go down
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Jfultz81

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: What do you do on Cunard?   What do you do on Cunard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:51 pm

DancingQueen wrote:
Is there anywhere I can see some other examples of suitable gowns ?
Also when it is not 'formal' night what is suitable ?
queen

Christina (FormerlySanFranBayCruiser) is holding a Cunard Fashion show to show us all examples of the different dress codes. The first part has been posted, and I think we are all eagerly awaiting the next one!
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: What do you do on Cunard?   What do you do on Cunard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 5:04 pm

Jfultz81 wrote:
Christina (FormerlySanFranBayCruiser) is holding a Cunard Fashion show to show us all examples of the different dress codes.

So, pants suits during the day onboard, or shorts?? Can I wear walking shorts (longer shorts) if its really hot on excursions or do I need to wear long pants. How hot does it get in Canada and Boston during July anyway? Iv heard NYC can get over 100, is this typical? Or just what makes the news.

Iv only cruised in the Caribbean, not sure about weather up north.

Im eagerly awaiting the next installment too.
Back to top Go down
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Jfultz81

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: What do you do on Cunard?   What do you do on Cunard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 5:12 pm

From what I've read, everyone wears casual clothing during the day (shorts, t-shirts, etc.). Shorts should be just fine for excursions.

Weather.com says average for Boston in July is 82/65 and I would assume Canada would be slightly cooler. The averages for NYC in July are 83/68 and it says July is the warmest month. I've heard it can be very humid in NYC, so I would think shorts would be necessary!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you do on Cunard?   What do you do on Cunard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 5:31 pm

in my opinion, 100 is a heat wave but it does get hot and humid. and the air doesn't move well between all those buildings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you do on Cunard?   What do you do on Cunard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 5:34 pm

You can never tell what it will be like...........sometime it is hotter there in the East than here in FL......

I was in the city last June(around the 19th) and it wasn't that hot at all.......
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: What do you do on Cunard?   What do you do on Cunard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 12:13 pm

What to do on Cunard ? On their website you can download a PDF file of "101 things to do ". And darts in the Pub was not even included so that makes 102.
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: What do you do on Cunard?   What do you do on Cunard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:24 pm

flowers wrote:

So, pants suits during the day onboard, or shorts?? Can I wear walking shorts (longer shorts) if its really hot on excursions or do I need to wear long pants. How hot does it get in Canada and Boston during July anyway? Iv heard NYC can get over 100, is this typical? Or just what makes the news.

Iv only cruised in the Caribbean, not sure about weather up north.

Im eagerly awaiting the next installment too.

Shorts are perfectly acceptable on board during the day, and on shore excursions. Jean an I were on the QM2 in Nov. 2007 for a Caribbean cruise, and that was the way it was then. I wouldn't expect anything different for a July cruise. In the evening long pants are the norm, and on more formal nights, the formal attire is generally worn all evening in public areas.
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you do on Cunard?   What do you do on Cunard? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you do on Cunard?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Cunard-
Jump to: