Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
critterchick
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 3:19 pm

Good morning (for me, anyway)! I slept off the last of my fun, and now have to get the house back in order. Don did pretty well while I was gone, but there are a few things needing a woman's touch, LOL!

My review is finished: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=12417023#post12417023 I'm letting Carol tell the juicy details, since they all seemed to happen to her. I ended up feeling like the chaperone after awhile, LOL!

Jill, I know you're going to have another fab time on Radiance! If you run into Barrett Matthews on the Cruise Director's staff (tall, lanky, very young fellow from Oklahoma), tell him that Mrs. Robinson says hello! What a Face
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 4:41 pm

critterchick wrote:
Good morning (for me, anyway)! I slept off the last of my fun, and now have to get the house back in order. Don did pretty well while I was gone, but there are a few things needing a woman's touch, LOL!

My review is finished: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=12417023#post12417023 I'm letting Carol tell the juicy details, since they all seemed to happen to her. I ended up feeling like the chaperone after awhile, LOL!

Jill, I know you're going to have another fab time on Radiance! If you run into Barrett Matthews on the Cruise Director's staff (tall, lanky, very young fellow from Oklahoma), tell him that Mrs. Robinson says hello! What a Face

Jean: I know exactly who you are talking about, we had a couple of conversations with Barrett...My fave is Ricky Ricardo who came on the ship from the Enchantment, one day he will be an asst CD or CD...

Sheila: We booked the Grandeur for New Years Eve, it will be our first ever New Years cruise...Dave just finished laying out his clothes, so off to pack them I go....Later, Jill

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 PolarBearBanner1
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 5:09 pm

Jean2.......for some of us still supporting ss.......it's a SEVEN day workweek with a total of about 80 hours.... FlamingMad ...if I survive this week...or should I say, the rest of this year. Envious of y'all in a REAL world that get only 3 days this week...I WANT one of those jobs

jul
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 5:36 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Jean2.......for some of us still supporting ss.......it's a SEVEN day workweek with a total of about 80 hours.... FlamingMad ...if I survive this week...or should I say, the rest of this year. Envious of y'all in a REAL world that get only 3 days this week...I WANT one of those jobs

jul
Jul - I'm with you. I actually work 84 hours this week - Mon - Wed days then come back Friday night for 4 night shifts. But at least I sit down all day! Don't know how you can stand and walk around for all those hours. I'd be on my second knee replacement by now Exclamation
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 5:47 pm

jillybabes wrote:
critterchick wrote:

Jean: I know exactly who you are talking about, we had a couple of conversations with Barrett...My fave is Ricky Ricardo who came on the ship from the Enchantment, one day he will be an asst CD or CD...

Sheila: We booked the Grandeur for New Years Eve, it will be our first ever New Years cruise...Dave just finished laying out his clothes, so off to pack them I go....Later, Jill
Oh Ricky was a scream. You should have been at Trivia and listened to him try and pronounce words! Too funny.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 5:48 pm

Jean.......when you were on Vision, did you notice if they had a made to order egg station..............like for fried eggs/omelets? Jim will be very, very upset if they do not have this on Splendour when we do our cruises next year.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 5:51 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
Morning everyone...........just stopping by to say hello.

Busy week here...........probably going to busy between now and Deember 25th. Holidays are wonderful, but just can't get in the festive mood anymore. I really think we should have booked a cruise to get away. Sad

Have a good day everyone. Will check back later.

How about after the holidays Jan 12th Grandeur out of Tampa with us? 5 days of warmth sunny

I keep telling you and Patti that Jill and I would love to see you aboard Jewell. 1/20 out of Ft Lauderdale there are lots of cabins open.

d
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 5:58 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
JJ2sail wrote:
Morning everyone!

Welcome back Jean and Kathy!

Patti- sending you a big hug!

It looks like we will have two Thanksgivings this year. One with Jim's parents and one with my family. Thankfully I only need to do the dinner for Jim's parents, so six of us total. Will have it at noon, and then head up to my nephew's for my family gathering.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Jen
Thanks Jen................I needed that hug today.

Just for you Patti:

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Smiley_huggrouphuggle

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 6:04 pm

Well, Dave's stuff is packed and ready to go too, except for the formal clothes which I will put in on Thursday night or Friday morning...
Yes, we would love to see Patti and Sheila, come on, you can do it...

Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 6:35 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Well, Dave's stuff is packed and ready to go too, except for the formal clothes which I will put in on Thursday night or Friday morning...
Yes, we would love to see Patti and Sheila, come on, you can do it...
Yeah, I know that I can do it......it's a matter of getting Jim to do it!!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 6:36 pm

frudutx wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
JJ2sail wrote:
Morning everyone!

Welcome back Jean and Kathy!

Patti- sending you a big hug!

It looks like we will have two Thanksgivings this year. One with Jim's parents and one with my family. Thankfully I only need to do the dinner for Jim's parents, so six of us total. Will have it at noon, and then head up to my nephew's for my family gathering.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Jen
Thanks Jen................I needed that hug today.

Just for you Patti:

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Smiley_huggrouphuggle

d
Gee tanks!!!! Very Happy Very Happy You know, we haven't had a group hug in a long time.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 6:44 pm

Aw come on LJ!!! Wink

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 7:56 pm

Hi all.....

Jill, NYEs cruises ARE the best.......you'll love it.......

Patti-sounds like you and Jim could book a cruise for every day of January and have someone you know onboard......

Jean---------you sure know all the barkeeps on all the ships,dont ya?? haha
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 8:28 pm

Kathy, why don't you and Dennis join us???

Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 10:14 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Jean.......when you were on Vision, did you notice if they had a made to order egg station..............like for fried eggs/omelets? Jim will be very, very upset if they do not have this on Splendour when we do our cruises next year.

I'm afraid he's going to be upset, then. The Vision class ships don't have a kitchen in the Windjammer, so all they have are the scrambled eggs and pre-made omelets.

We'll be back on the Vision for New Year's. Some of the bartenders will be happy to see me. Others may run for the hills.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 10:25 pm

Jean2........I'm having NO problem hitting my 10,000 steps per day on my pedometer!!....

Dh opened some Asti to try and calm me down....he thinks I'm a 'little wound up".!!!!!!!!!

Jewel jan 20...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

off to dinner..........have a great evening y'all

jul
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 10:28 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Kathy, why don't you and Dennis join us???
Unfortunatley,both of us are NOT retired and have such luxury......

Besides just found out today,Im having surgery the 10th.......fun,fun..huh??? Not to get too much into it,but lets just say,I wont be having any more kids(NOT that I was going to--hahah)
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 10:55 pm

critterchick wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:

I'm afraid he's going to be upset, then. The Vision class ships don't have a kitchen in the Windjammer, so all they have are the scrambled eggs and pre-made omelets.

We'll be back on the Vision for New Year's. Some of the bartenders will be happy to see me. Others may run for the hills.

Well, we haven't sailed on the Vision, but have been on the Grandeur and Enchantment multiple times. There were definitely made to order egg stations on both those ships and I'm pretty sure on the Legend too, now that I think about it....

Hi everyone! Better late than never, today, we finally got the $25/$50 thank you coupon you were all talking about. Doesn't even cover the fuel surcharge.... Smile Hmmm!

Regarding work, I'm off on T-day, but have to work the day after. Jul, I don't envy you at all! When I worked for KMart all those millions of years ago we didn't get a single day off between T-Day and New Years! And a lot of those were 12-14 hour days! I lived up in northern Wisc for a while during those years and my folks couldn't ever figure out why I didn't make the 5 hour drive home on XMas eve so I could spend XMas with them! BECAUSE I SLEPT thru XMas! That's why! The hours at the new job aren't great, but at least I don't have to work "retail" hours any more!

Actually, my new boss asked me today if I was going to take some time off over XMas... I have a plane ticket to FL for the 19th-26th, but that would mean I'd have to cut out a trip with Ray next year, so I probably won't do it! A few warm days at the beach sure sounds good about now though....
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 11:08 pm

Kathy........have u checked out the website 'hystersisters. com?"......WONDERFUL site and gave me sooooo much info.......I never would have made it thru mine in Aug had it not been for the GR8 PB"S and then that site which I found AFTER the surg not before..........GOOD LUCK.......

jul
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 11:23 pm

Well Patti, he is still in SICU...has been a long hard raod, had a trach placed in Late Oct....Is off the Vent...HURRAH! We(my family) are celebrating Thanksgiving in our conference room at the Hospital...we are all very thankkful he is still with us & improving.

Danny's Mom is also coming along. Our nephew, (her grandson) is home from Iraq for good, so for them that is our thanksgiving...

many things to say thanks for this year!

Folks here are among my thanksgiving prayers this year! Love you all here!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 11:29 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Kathy........have u checked out the website 'hystersisters. com?"......WONDERFUL site and gave me sooooo much info.......I never would have made it thru mine in Aug had it not been for the GR8 PB"S and then that site which I found AFTER the surg not before..........GOOD LUCK.......

jul

In fact,I did come across it just tonite.......was doing a search on the surgery and it came up...........looks very interesting and will teach me a thing or two....Thanks so much..

Sure seems like alot of people I know have had it......and they all say they LOVE it......Im sure am looking forward to the benefit of it,but not the hospital stay.....

OH BTW-------I got RCCL coupons today for my Sovereign cruise in Aug...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 11:47 pm

Kathy.....u have mail Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 12:00 am

No coupons here. Waaahhh!!!!!Sad Sad Sad

Kathy I know you'll do great and you'll never miss that thing.

Barb, I can't believe your BIL is still in SICU but at least he's still with you and I'm sure he'll continue to improve.

Goodnight All.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 12:10 am

cruiseforme wrote:
Jean2........I'm having NO problem hitting my 10,000 steps per day on my pedometer!!....

Dh opened some Asti to try and calm me down....he thinks I'm a 'little wound up".!!!!!!!!!

Jewel jan 20...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

off to dinner..........have a great evening y'all

jul

We would love to have you and David join us if you can...

Kathy: Sure that you will do well through the surgery and recovery and be ready to cruise again soon...When is your next scheduled cruise???

Susan: My Dad had a shoe store and we always hated the time between T-giving through Xmas cause it was so busy and we were dead tired by the end of the holidays...

Barb: Glad to hear that your BIL is doing better you will all be together for T-giving...Have a good night all...Later, Jill Cool

Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 12:16 am

Jill.........I knew we were related.......david's family has owned shoe stores for a lot of years!!....sold shoes for several years for them.........

Barb........prayers to your bil......glad he's doing as well as he is........

I think it's time for some zzzzzz's......have to try and get to work by 6am and work some freight before we open and then I have to be on the sales floor......"I am woman hear me roar"

Have a good evening y'all

jul
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: