Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Queen Elizabeth Wish List

Go down 
+7
Andy The Sailor Man
Adirondack Pete
Cruise Liner Fan
Kindlychap
Long Island Mom
AmbianceTraveler
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cruise Liner Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Queen Elizabeth Wish List - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 7:44 pm

Nick,That's very funny Very Happy Regards,Jerry
Back to top Go down
Kindlychap
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 9:11 pm

Andy The Sailor Man wrote:
Once again, .......... It must be a wonderful feeling to have the ability to walk on water Matthew.

As Nina has seen fit to emasculate my post to which this response relates, I can't really see exactly what you have taken against, save that you clearly dislike me intensely.

Your loss, of course.

I see your post was cut too. Pity really, as I'd have been interested to see if you reached the juvenile nature of others who have responded. Although, to be honest, I doubt that you would have done.

I'm also intrigued that everyone seems to feel that a tart joke is de rigeur before attacking me for making tart jokes...... Odd that.

And, just for the record, the Italian strumpet has been road tested on a real live Italian who made no complaint at all.

Matthew
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 9:21 pm

alright friends, we need stop and try to get along here before someone gets kicked out. Let's talk about something else. It's raining cats and dogs here in NY.
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 9:22 pm

Let's talk about the Oasis, that might be cool things off for a while.
Back to top Go down
Cruise Liner Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 9:27 pm

How about what we would like to see aboard the new Queen Elizabeth in 2010.Since this is a Cunard messageboard.Regardless of what Matthew thinks I would still like the new Queen Elizabeth's nightclub to have the same charm of the QE2's Yacht Club. Regards,Jerry
Back to top Go down
Kindlychap
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 9:27 pm

asanchez1961 wrote:

Why do you need an oasis if you aren't in the desert?

Matthew
Back to top Go down
Cruise Liner Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 9:33 pm

Kindlychap wrote:
asanchez1961 wrote:

Why do you need an oasis if you aren't in the desert?

Matthew
Matthew,Don't quit your day job. Jerry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 9:10 am

To Kindlychap and Everyone:

I've said what is on my mind and will now move forward and ignore
Kindlychap's comments - with the exception of what I am about to write now. He is not worth my time or energy.

Matthew, if you ever post comments which are cutting again or make any type of attack on anyone in here again - especially the ladies or our Host Nina - regardless of how "correct" you maybe - you will see my fullest wrath and, being a long time friend of the board owner - I will ask to have you permanently banned from this board. If it's a choice of the majority of us leaving or banning you, guess which way she will go? I'm positive hurting people's feelings and antagonizing them fall under the guidelines for being banned.

The only one that enjoys your remarks and comments Matthew - is you. No one is saying you are wrong but, it's the way you come across. It boggles my mind that you think you have the right to hurt and insult people and then expect them to agree with you!

Yes, you do have the right to have your own opinions and yes it is more than ok to
correct something that is wrong or give information that others might not know. However, when you belittle people or make them feel stupid or when you are just outright mean that is NOT acceptable. And the majority of your comments to fall into these categories.

Nina please check your PM box for a message from me on this matter.

Last edited by Nick Needs To Know on Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 9:40 am

Queen Elizabeth Wish List - Page 2 Applau10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 9:54 am

Very well said Nick. I try to remain neutral in these situations but, this is getting out of hand. Everyone, even Kindlychap, was once new to Cunard and that is the one part he just doesn't seem to take into consideration. I will support your call to ban, if necessary.
Back to top Go down
English Todd
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
English Todd

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:12 am

Cruise Liner Fan wrote:
How about what we would like to see aboard the new Queen Elizabeth in 2010.Since this is a Cunard messageboard.Regardless of what Matthew thinks I would still like the new Queen Elizabeth's nightclub to have the same charm of the QE2's Yacht Club. Regards,Jerry

Anyone remember Caronia? I'd love to see something like the White Star Bar incorporated, maybe tucked away in a private area, where one could unwind and relax with a glass of wine and a good book.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:28 am

English Todd wrote:
Cruise Liner Fan wrote:

Anyone remember Caronia? I'd love to see something like the White Star Bar incorporated, maybe tucked away in a private area, where one could unwind and relax with a glass of wine and a good book.

I do Very Happy , boy, I miss that little ship!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 11:05 am

Ok everyone - ENOUGH. I'm watching Suspect Do not take my big hearted nature to mean that I am a push over. One of the reasons I formed this board is so that people could post freely and not have to worry about being flamed.

I will not allow this board to turn into a free for all. While ALL opinions are welcome on here, I do draw the line at antagonistic and mean spirited posts. We have reached that point. And, I refuse to put Nina in the uncomfortable position of having to ban someone, so, I am stepping forward to do it.

Being correct in statements or fact does not give anyone the right to belittle others or make them feel bad enough to let me know they're now afraid to post in here in fear of what comments may come his or her way.

The guilty party or parties will be banned for two weeks. If the guilty party or parties decide to return after two weeks, they are more than welcome if they can conduct themselves in a civilized way. If the guilty party or parties continue with mean spirited and antagonistic posts - regardless of correctness of fact and/or statement - the ban will be permanent.

I hope I am making myself perfectly clear. This is a privately owned board and, I do hold the right to ban anyone I see fit.

And, if you think it's as simple as re-registering with a different
screen name, think again, your IP is collected and you will be banned
via IP as well as email address or addresses.
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 11:23 am

Queen Elizabeth Wish List - Page 2 Th_bra10

Thank you Tina!
Back to top Go down
Cruise Liner Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 9:33 am

Curvy Gal Cruises wrote:
English Todd wrote:
Cruise Liner Fan wrote:

I do Very Happy , boy, I miss that little ship!
Does anyone here have a picture of the White Star Bar aboard Cunard's former ship the last Caronia that they can post here? Since I was never aboard Caronia I never saw the White Star Bar.It is my gut feeling that I bet the White Star Bar has the same charm as the QE2's Yacht Club.If enough people write a request to Cunard and ask them to re-create the White Star Bar aboard the new Queen Elizabeth would Cunard do it? Regards,Jerry
Back to top Go down
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 1:57 pm

English Todd wrote:
Cruise Liner Fan wrote:

Anyone remember Caronia?

Oh yeah Todd, The Green Goddess was such a beautiful ship. Wish I had been able to sail aboard her.

I'm a big fan of Art Deco and would love to see a room like THE Queen Mary's 1st Class Lounge on the new Elizabeth.
Back to top Go down
Cruise Liner Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 3:36 pm

Betsy,That is a good idea.Regards,Jerry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Queen Elizabeth Wish List   Queen Elizabeth Wish List - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Queen Elizabeth Wish List
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2