Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+10
RBOUR
cruiseforme
nancyk2sea
JJ2sail
GrmyCRS
vlscruiser
critterchick
jillybabes
Murphy
cruisenfever
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 4:03 pm

RBOUR wrote:
Horrible day in So Ca.They have evacuated over 500,000 people in San Diego and lost many houses in San Bernardino Mts including my daughters in-laws.So sad to think someone would start the fires on intentually.
I have to get going now pick up our grandson as our house has less smell from the smoke:( i hope the rest of the bears are a safe distance from the fires I know Mike is in San Diego today hope he is home soon.When they say evacuate that means go you can replace STUFF but only have one life.It will be better next week hope hope. Ruth

Ruth - How horrible for you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all those affected. Hope the winds stop soon, and you finally get some relief. Hope everyone else in SoCal is OK. All that smoke and ash must be bad for those with respiratory problems.
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 4:14 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
I'm trying to get Jean Twitchor's e mail so if any of you have it could you email her and ask her to e-mail me? (The pics aren't too incriminating LittleDevil )
Sheila - I tried to find your email, but don't appear to have it. I'd like to see the photos, I didn't know you took any. I have no photos of Joe so would like to have something to remember. I know Charlie took some, and will have to get them from him somehow.

I don't want to put my email on this board, but I know that Patti, Ginny, Jean#1, Jen, Jul, Diane and Susan know it. Hopefully we'll connect through one of them.
Back to top Go down
critterchick
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 5:10 pm

Jean2, you've got mail!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 5:31 pm

Hi gang........

I was hoping no one on here is directly affected by the CA fires,even though it seems most people I know....know someone there.........what a disaster!!

Jul---I also was told you cant put a courtesy without a credit card via the phone.....the only way without laying out money is online....makes sense?? NOT!

Another HOT day here..............94.........I put on jeans to go out this morning.........Im sick of my "summer" clothes....
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 5:35 pm

RBOUR wrote:
Horrible day in So Ca.They have evacuated over 500,000 people in San Diego and lost many houses in San Bernardino Mts including my daughters in-laws.So sad to think someone would start the fires on intentually.
I have to get going now pick up our grandson as our house has less smell from the smoke:( i hope the rest of the bears are a safe distance from the fires I know Mike is in San Diego today hope he is home soon.When they say evacuate that means go you can replace STUFF but only have one life.It will be better next week hope hope. Ruth
Oh Ruth, we are so sorry for your DIL's loss. Please know that you and all our friends in CA are in our thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 5:37 pm

RBOUR wrote:

Ruth,

I have 2 extra bedrooms with their own bathroom here in Dallas, just say the word.

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 5:51 pm

Diane.........I got chills when I read your offer...how sweet of u!!

Anxious to get home and get the news on ....hoping they've gotten a little more under control and that the winds have subsided some.....

Nappanee, Ind getting wiped by a tornado, then the fires...YIKES, I count my blessings every day......

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
RBOUR
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 6:52 pm

frudutx wrote:
RBOUR wrote:

Ruth,

I have 2 extra bedrooms with their own bathroom here in Dallas, just say the word.

d
Thank You soooooo much.We are fine here at our home just not venturing out because of the smoke.We have our 17mo old grandson with us while my daughter and son-inlaw figure out when and if they cango home to see the house really sad. Thank you all so much your the best and people from Texas always have a BIG heart........Will talk soon see what tonight brings maybe some control we hope.Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers......Ruth
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:17 pm

Ruth: How terrible, just know that we are thinking of you and yours at this time...
Diane: You are the best, so glad that we are friends...

Keeping all the Ca. folks in our thoughts and prayers...
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:55 pm

Have a good friend whose son has been evacuated in San Diego....Ramona....they won't even let them know if their house is still there or gone.........

I cannot IMAGINE being in this......

Anybody know how to do a Rain dance??...my lord, they said over 325,000 acres have burned up.....

back to the news............praying hard for all u cali folks and friends or family of cali.......

jul
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 8:14 pm

I started a thread on the main boards about the folks in SoCal.

Here is the link if you would like to express your thoughts............

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=649672
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 8:18 pm

RBOUR wrote:

I dont how the heck I missed your post earlier........I am very sorry for your family's loss of home.......I am sure it must be traumatic...it is a good thing that you are really not that far and can be there for them.........may God Bless them all...........
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 11:27 pm

Ruth, sorry to hear about your daughter's inlaws home. Got it confused before and thought it was your DIL. Anyways, our thoughts and still with everyone out in California.

Ginny, you stay safe you hear.

That's it for me SPB's...........have a good evening, everyone stay safe and we shall chat tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 11:37 pm

TwitchOR wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:
I'm trying to get Jean Twitchor's e mail so if any of you have it could you email her and ask her to e-mail me? (The pics aren't too incriminating LittleDevil )
Sheila - I tried to find your email, but don't appear to have it. I'd like to see the photos, I didn't know you took any. I have no photos of Joe so would like to have something to remember. I know Charlie took some, and will have to get them from him somehow.

I don't want to put my email on this board, but I know that Patti, Ginny, Jean#1, Jen, Jul, Diane and Susan know it. Hopefully we'll connect through one of them.

Sorry Jean, Not Joe just you doing Esther Williams. Maybe Charlie will send some of Joe. I'll be in touch. I'm sure someone will get us together soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 11:42 pm

RBOUR wrote:

Bob and I have you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Please stay safe.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 12:39 am

And of course any fire-(or any other disaster, for that matter) displaced SPBs who can make their way to our house near the LA port are welcome to stay with us. Just email first so I can give you directions!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 12:15 pm

Hi everyone! Been having computer problems at home, it seems we have a virus, so couldn't check in last night. We have every virus, privacy, spy stuff you can get on that computer! So frustrating!

So sorry to hear of Ruth's family losing their home, is everyone else okay? How is the smoke? I know you all probably want to stay close but if you want to head north, I can make room!

Will try to check in later.

Jen
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 1:17 pm

Ruth, My heart go out to your family. I hope your grandson is doing okay as well as the rest of you. I keep hearing on the news about the breathing problem for so many with all the smoke, ash and winds.

I know I sound paranoid but I am going to put my stuff together in a laundry basket in the office so that if anything happens while I am awhile this weekend son can grab the basket along with grandson and load the car.

No fires currently in this immediate area and I hope it stays that way.

Jean#2 I am working on getting reservations for Dec 3rd but with TA's office down having to go the round about way. I have contacted TA office and will see if they have time to take care of it. I know they are just getting back after evactuations in San Diego area. It is a little complicated due to transfer of Jan 4th booking to the Dec 3rd date in order to save OBC. RCL has requested I go through TA's office first and if they are unable to do anything due to fires then contact them. Just heard from TA's office they are working on it. Bob is still waiting to hear about evacuation from his area.

Ladies you have a good day will be back later have errands to run.
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 3:15 pm

vlscruiser wrote:

Jean#2 I am working on getting reservations for Dec 3rd.
Virginia - It'll great fun to sail together on Monarch again. Sounds as though Bob is having a horrendous time, I'm amazed he is able to get any work done.

They're saying the Santa Anas are lessening, so hope that you and everyone else is safe. Recovery is going to take a long time.
Grey day in Oregon, but no :rain: forecast for the next week, so no excuse for not doing yardwork.

Jean & Sheila - Thanks for your emails.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 3:29 pm

We were talking about the fires and the news coverage last night and I don't remember how many people were displaced with Katrina but this is right on top of it.....and yet, I haven't seen anybody yelling on the news that they are being mistreated nor that the govt is too slow....kinda nice to see people just handling the problem and keeping their spirits as up as they can. Not sure if I could be that calm if my house just burned up.....prayers go to all these people......
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 4:58 pm

You have a point there Jul. I think the last count I heard was somewhere around 1300 homes lost and 500,000 under evacuation for the fires. I don't remember the Katrina counts.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 5:15 pm

Afternoon everyone...............busy day here, but just had to take time to check in and see how everyone is doing.

Certainly hope our SoCal friends are doing OK. The fires are still going strong, but I guess there is some hope over the next day or so. Unfotunately this will not stop the fires destructive paths.

Jen, do you have SpyBot on your computer? Our computer has more security on it than the White House, Pentagon and The Treasury Building!! affraid But SpyBot is really great as it can search and destroy upon command. Our computer wouldn't even open up yesterday morning..........once Jim was able to get in, he ran the program and it found 13 undesirables. How they got in............I don't know. Rolling Eyes Though I was Googling a lot the night before. Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 5:26 pm

Hi SPB's, It's raining like crazy here. I wish we could send it to CA. I've been doing the rain dance for them. I sure hope things improve today. Jul and Jen, you are right about the people being very subdued compared to the mayhem of Katrina. CNN did report that the help in place in the sport's stadium they are using is incredible. They already have every possible social service in place and even have activities for the children already so that the parents can concentrate on what has to be done. They are offering massages, hypnosis for stress, and every manner of help, so the people are being treated well in their distress. I have my own opinions about why Katrina was such a disaster. I won't share them here. Glad to receive an up-date stating that Bob's business is doing better although he bhimself is still waiting to see if he needs to be evacuated. Thoughts and prayers to all.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 5:43 pm

Patti- Yes we have Spybot. DH was up until 1:00 am this morning on the phone with Dell. They said it is a brand new virus that we were not protected for, because they have never heard of it!

Speaking of virus's......we all got our flu shots the other night, just wish my computer had got one! Mad
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 5:48 pm

In most cases in CA when people were told to get out, they got out. And thats all I'm going to say.

Here's praying for calm winds and gentle rain.

d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next