1. The cuts will not impact me at all as I do not rely on air for business.
2. I do not feel that cruise lines will cut commissions completely from the industry. They are smart enough to realize that we are their bread and butter.
3. I do not think service with suffer, not for the majority of travel agents. People will just have to get used to more agents charging an extra fee (for those agencies who do rely on that income) or making other arrangements for them.
4. Many travel agent's, myself included, book air for our clients seperate from the cruise line because we can either get better pricing or better flight times for our clients. Many cruise lines if you book their air do not give you a choice of airline or flight times unless you pay extra for those "luxuries". The small amount of commissions to be had was not worth making my client's pay more and know less. Better a happier client then a bigger check!
Actually, with the airlines having cut commissions long ago I am surprised the cruiselines continued to pay them as long as they did.
Cunard Commodore Agency
"Hopelessly lost when not planning a cruise."www.ambiancetc.comNina@ambiancetc.com
- Time to book your cabin on the Cunard group cruises!