Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Timer - Ever!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
First Timer
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-09-20

First Timer - Ever!! Empty
PostSubject: First Timer - Ever!!   First Timer - Ever!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 2:24 pm

I found this site by accident really, I was looking at the Grand Princess 2008 Christmas sailing and I found a link here and was looking at your group cruise for it.

I have a question, it would be myself plus two kids. Three people in one cabin sounds like a tight fit. Am I allowed to book one cabin for me and one cabin for the kids? They're 10 and 11 years old in age.

This will be my first cruise ever so I'm going to be asking a lot of questions.

Thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
newmexiconita
NCL Host
NCL Host

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: First Timer - Ever!!   First Timer - Ever!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 3:42 pm

You could book it that way possible but the cost would be much higher than having all three of you in one cabin plus the kids are a bit young to have thier own. Some cruise lines will allow this especially if you can get connecting cabins. 3 in a cabin can be a tight fit: you spend very little time in the cabin so don't worry about it.

Nita
Back to top Go down
cruisequeen
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: First Timer - Ever!!   First Timer - Ever!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 10:54 am

For less cost of 2 cabins, book a larger cabin - like a mini suite. Three in a cabin isn't to bad. You're really only in there to shower, change clothes and sleep.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruisesnyou.com
Princess Cruiser
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Princess Cruiser

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: First Timer - Ever!!   First Timer - Ever!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 11:44 am

Agreed, go for a mini-suite or even a full suite, it's most cost efficent than 2 cabins. Mini-suite you'll have two twin bed that convert to a queen and a sofa bed in most cabins. The other plus is that you'll get a bathtub/shower combination instead of just a shower. And mini-suite balconies are HUGE but, you won't have privacy, the mini-suites are located on Dolphin Deck and they jet out so they are visible to the decks above you. It doesn't bother us but, for some it's a real pet peeve about the Grand Class design.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Timer - Ever!!   First Timer - Ever!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Timer - Ever!!
Page 1 of 1