Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Read anything good lately?....

Go down 
+3
newmexiconita
NOB
mytee4ever
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Read anything good lately?.... Empty
PostSubject: Read anything good lately?....   Read anything good lately?.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 2:16 pm

Last thing I have read is Harry Potter. Looking for something to read on our upcoming flight from Philadelphia to San Diego. I will probably have a couple of magazines, but a good novel would be great.

Towanda
Back to top Go down
NOB
Resident Expert - Fashions
Resident Expert - Fashions
NOB

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Read anything good lately?....   Read anything good lately?.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 4:28 pm

I'm home with cold :cold: and it's given me the chance to read "Water for Elephants" by by Sara Gruen It's the tale of a man who joins the circus and a very good story. It's on the NY Times best-seller list, check it out!

I recommend it!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
newmexiconita
NCL Host
NCL Host

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Read anything good lately?....   Read anything good lately?.... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 1:07 pm

My favorite author presently is Greg Isles. He is from the same part of the country as Grrishem (spelling) thus the stories take place, as a rule in the south, but his books are deeper, more interesting and more research than Grishem. Give him a try.

Nita
Back to top Go down
4 Leaf Clover
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
4 Leaf Clover

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Read anything good lately?....   Read anything good lately?.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 6:51 pm

Fresh Diasasters by Stuart Woods

It's a good organized crime fiction!
Back to top Go down
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Read anything good lately?....   Read anything good lately?.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 7:55 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Heading to the library tomorrow. We leave on Saturday! Very Happy Very much looking forward to this trip.

Towanda
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Read anything good lately?....   Read anything good lately?.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 4:17 pm

I just finished reading the book " Ghosts Amongst Us" by James Van Praagh. Very interesting reading. I recommend this for anyone who has experienced a loss of a loved one in their lives, and need help with their grief. Very comforting reading. I also like to read books by Allison DuBois." We are their Heaven" was really good, as was "The Secret of The Monarch" What the dead can teach us about better life. 5 People you'll meet in Heaven is also a great book.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Read anything good lately?....   Read anything good lately?.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 6:11 pm

The January Playboy is pretty good.

Bwaaahaaa! Just kidding. (maybe)

I like the late Tim Russert book, WISDOM OF OUR FATHERS.
Tim was such a good guy.
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Read anything good lately?....   Read anything good lately?.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 8:33 am

Another pretty interesting read was the new one out by Maureen McCormick,"Here's The Story". Alot of things you never knew about Marcia, Marcia, Marcia, which by the way, she hates to hear!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Read anything good lately?....   Read anything good lately?.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 8:03 pm

I just finished reading "The Man who Invented Christmas" by Mr. Standiford. It is a book about Charles Dickens and the events surrounding his writing of the Christmas books which include A Christmas Carol. It was an easy read for the holidays.
The other book I just finished was "The Woman Who Wouldn't Talk" by Susan McDougal. It is her version of events concerning Whitewater and her refusal to testify against the Clintons and her time in jail. It certainly told more than the small clips in the newspaper about these events.

Who is you favorite mystery author?
kk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Read anything good lately?....   Read anything good lately?.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 9:09 pm

I read a Patricia Cornwell book a long time ago. I have been reading more auto-bigraphys lately. A really good book I read was called " Ice Bound" about a woman physician, working at the south pole, has to diagnose her own breast cancer, and start treatment while waiting for a ride out.
I also like more true crime, or forensics. Have read a few Ann Rule books.What do you like to read?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Read anything good lately?....   Read anything good lately?.... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 12:51 am

I like to read all types of books. I usually check out four a week from the library, and if I find an author I like,I'll read everything he or she wrote. I like Alison Weir for all of the British historical monarchs of the 16and 17th centuries, Elmore Leonard for wacky crime fiction novels, and David McCullough for his biographies on U.S. presidents. I've read all of Patricia Cornwell's novels. I liked some of them,some were not good reading soon after meals! I just enjoy just about anything other than my brothers' poker books. I'm hoping I'll get some gift cards from Santa for the local bookstore. What's your next read?
kk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Read anything good lately?....   Read anything good lately?.... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 11:11 am

I was looking into " Body Surfing" by Anita Shreve. It's supposed to be a great "beach" book to read. It probably would be even better if I was on a beach to read it! How about you?
Back to top Go down
darlene
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Read anything good lately?....   Read anything good lately?.... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 11:15 am

i read the twlight series which was good, the one about the vampires, and the way the book was i thought it wouldn't be so bad to be a vampire, just kidding, i been wanting to so see the movie also but haven't got to the movie theater yet, but i am planning on it, some say it was good and some say it wasn't good, but that is true in everyday things also, everyone has a different view.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Read anything good lately?....   Read anything good lately?.... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 7:58 pm

Hi Darlene,
If you liked the Twilight series, did you also read the Anne Rice series? Wesaw the Twilight movie, and we definitely thought that the books were much better.
kk
Back to top Go down
darlene
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Read anything good lately?....   Read anything good lately?.... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 8:51 pm

yes i did like the twilight series, no i haven't read the anne rice series, but now i will after the holidays it must be about vampires also, the twilight series was a really great love story, what is the anne rice series about don't tell all
Back to top Go down
darlene
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Read anything good lately?....   Read anything good lately?.... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 1:56 am

kk99 wrote:
Hi Darlene,
If you liked the Twilight series, did you also read the Anne Rice series? Wesaw the Twilight movie, and we definitely thought that the books were much better.
kk

just got back from walmart and could not find them there, do you have to get those books from a book store or another store like target
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Read anything good lately?....   Read anything good lately?.... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 10:35 am

Try Amazon.com. I usually find my books there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Read anything good lately?....   Read anything good lately?.... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 12:12 pm

Another great read to look into:
The Paris Enigma by Pablo De Santis', GMA says its a great mystery.
Back to top Go down
Cruiseram
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruiseram

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Read anything good lately?....   Read anything good lately?.... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 1:23 pm

I really enjoyed reading the Anne Rice books about the Mayfair Witches, there is 3 books,
The Witching Hour, Lasher and Taltos. The last book I read is The Year of Fog by Michelle Richmond.
Back to top Go down
darlene
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Read anything good lately?....   Read anything good lately?.... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 1:15 am

well since you mentioned about anne rice books i told my family and my daughter bought me the first 3 anne rice books they were all combined in one book about the vampire one, started reading it last night its ok so far, i am a slow reader because i read when i go to bed and in about 10 minutes or less i gone, my husband bought the fifth book in the series, so i have alot of reading to do, the mayfair witches sounds pretty good also, i will have to try those after the vampire books
Back to top Go down
darlene
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Read anything good lately?....   Read anything good lately?.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 9:13 pm

well i started reading the anne rice chronicle of vampires, it is a gross book due to the fact they kill kids, i liked the twilight series alot better, it was more of a nice love vampire book, but i am still reading the anne rice series, i have to know what happens, i am up to where lesate just got killed by claudia.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Read anything good lately?....   Read anything good lately?.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 9:44 pm

i got a lot of audiobooks and put them on my ipod. hopefully that will keep me entertained poolside when i go.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Read anything good lately?....   Read anything good lately?.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:20 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
i got a lot of audiobooks and put them on my ipod. hopefully that will keep me entertained poolside when i go.

....oh ...you are going to be entertained poolside alright! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Read anything good lately?....   Read anything good lately?.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:19 am

i've said it before - i'll say it again - i'm scared
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Read anything good lately?....   Read anything good lately?.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Read anything good lately?....
Page 1 of 1