Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newest Genesis Rumor

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ajani
Charter Member
Charter Member
Ajani

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Newest Genesis Rumor Empty
PostSubject: Newest Genesis Rumor   Newest Genesis Rumor Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:31 am

Hi guys!

I wrote about this in my blog today but, I wanted to post it too in case you don't get my blog.

I have a friend who was on a RCCL ship a few weeks ago and his waiter told him and his parents that Genesis is going to feature everything that Freedom of the Seas features plus 14 restaurants Shocked

Does this mean RCCL is going the way of NCL? I hope not...keep in mind this is only rumor and it's not concrete fact.

What are your thoughts on this rumor?
Back to top Go down
http://rcclprojectgenesis.blogspot.com/
Hopeful Henry
Host
Host
Hopeful Henry

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Newest Genesis Rumor   Newest Genesis Rumor Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:47 am

Ajani I just finished your blog entry today. I have to say I think you're correct in your observations. I, too, have cruised NCL and I miss formal night in a traditional sense when I am on an NCL ship and, I agree you do see it all when it comes to outfits in the Freestyle cruising concept.

Now, let's toss around the idea of Genesis not entering the Freestyle concept and still having 14 restaurants onboard. I will be in heaven if this is true but, I would hope that RCCL plans on longer sailings for Genesis if this is the case so I have a chance to try them all!
Back to top Go down
Sue L
Host
Host

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Newest Genesis Rumor   Newest Genesis Rumor Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:59 am

I assume you know that they are "testing" the freestyly concept on Freedom this fall. People were up in arms on CC especially the ones who are on the affected sailings. I am one of the traditionlists and would be very upset if I couldn't get into the regular assigned dining. I love the formal nights and hubby does also. This is one of the reasons we stopped sailing on Princess. We booked 13 months out and the "traditional dining" was already waitlisted. I am scared the same thing will happen if RCCL goes this way and possibly this test is in preparation for the Genesis.
Back to top Go down
Kenny
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Kenny

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Newest Genesis Rumor   Newest Genesis Rumor Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:02 am

No!!!!! Say it isn't so!!!
Back to top Go down
Lets Go
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Lets Go

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Newest Genesis Rumor   Newest Genesis Rumor Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:17 am

One of things I love about cruising is the chance to get dressed up. If Royal Caribbean goes the NCL route then I will change my cruise line loyalty even if it means bumping up to Cunard and taking less cruises. I'm with you Ajani, I don't want to see someone's butt hanging out or a ripped tee-shirt or baseball caps in the dining room. What's next? A stripper pole in the main dining room with a floor show?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newest Genesis Rumor   Newest Genesis Rumor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newest Genesis Rumor
Page 1 of 1