Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+14
Linda in KY
JJ2sail
barbeeAL
TwitchOR
RBOUR
VegasSpunk
vlscruiser
critterchick
grizzlybear
cruiseforme
cruisenfever
GrmyCRS
Murphy
jillybabes
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 10:20 am

Morning all............
\
Another day closer....whos leaving town first???

Jean-----hope carmen is feeling better today.........You're like me with the animals..............If I had a big ole farm,I'd have tons of "critters"........glad to hear you're adopting the cat........

I think someone needs this in her signature..its a CZ!!!

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Round-t
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 10:23 am

Morning Sheila,

Naw, don't make up any storm stories, then we are stooping to her level! Well, you could make one up for this board, it might be entertaining!

I hope you are right about Ephraim. I just don't get a good feeling about the guy, as you can probably tell!

I'll think about the Columbia River spa some more, but probably not today. My schedule today is jam packed! I'm finishing the bathroom cleaning as we speak. Really, I am! Things are "soaking" as I sit here with my bowl of cereal and post!

Ray's buddies are outside attempting to close the pool without me. I'm expecting some cries for help shortly!

Ray's Mom arrives about noon and I have to drive about 30 mins to pick her up. Somewhere before then I have to make a quick pit stop at the grocery store. She's difficult to have as a house guest. She won't eat any type of poultry item, including chicken broth. (no allergy, just won't eat it. Something about plucking too many chickens as a child...) We eat LOTS of chicken here, so I always have to second guess all my recipes. We also don't eat too much bread and she has a slice at every meal. I can't complain as she is so good with Murphy, but it takes some juggling when she's here.

Well, I'm off to do my chores. Tub/toilet should be sufficiently lubbed by now!

Have a great day everyone!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 10:23 am

Morning SPB's...going over to the other side to see what's happening there, will be baaack!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 10:26 am

PH8 wrote:
Morning all............
\
Another day closer....whos leaving town first???

Jean-----hope carmen is feeling better today.........You're like me with the animals..............If I had a big ole farm,I'd have tons of "critters"........glad to hear you're adopting the cat........

I think someone needs this in her signature..its a CZ!!!

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Round-t
I think that's a picture of Jean's new B-day presents, well if it was really diamond of course! Nice Jean! You've got big ears, huh? lol!

I'm not sure who leaves first.... we will leave the house at noon on Wednesday, arriving in YVR at 5:30pm. Anyone beat that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 10:31 am

Patti---what is Francois last name???
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 10:47 am

PH8 wrote:
Patti---what is Francois last name???
Wache.

Good Morning SPB's.........I see that what's her face now has to broadcast that she is Diamond..........why didn't she include "because I'm Elite on Celebrity".

It is a very rainy day here. Check back later.
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 11:25 am

I see Jill asked on the other side about wearing our boas when we board. Martha and I are not wearing ours until first formal dinner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 11:32 am

Thanks Patti..........I was reading about another Francois and I had forgotten Wache was his last name......(so it wasnt the same guy)...anyway,wonder where he is????
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 11:39 am

GrmyCRS wrote:
I see Jill asked on the other side about wearing our boas when we board. Martha and I are not wearing ours until first formal dinner.

Chris: I just posted "over there" that I will go along with the crowd and not wear it to board...Just hope that you will recognize me without the boa lol! . Formal night does sound like the time to wear it!
Back to top Go down
VegasSpunk
Charter Member
Charter Member
VegasSpunk

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 11:40 am

NOW!!! NOW!!! NOW!!! NOW!!!

Hope all you SPBs gave a great last Sunday before we FINALLY get to go. Chris and I are off to Wally World for the last minute sundries and some new undies for sis and socks for me. Very Happy

Patti -- Chris mention we are now proud members of the Dyson fan club? WOW what a difference, great machine and well worth the $$$.Cool

Well off to the showers. Have a good day all! and....
I WANNA GO NOW!!!!!!!!!bounce

Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 11:54 am

Jill - No problem about recognizing the SPB's... Wink or one lunatic with long flowing blonde hair Twisted Evil

Since I had spare time at 4 a.m. this morning, did a search on the LVRJ site archives...for her. Used both married and maiden name...search came up with "ZERO"....nothing in there from her. Another figment of her immagination. Suspect
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 11:59 am

Susan.......I'm not positive but I think Barb and Danny leave early Wed am.....

Gonna take it more easy today.........Think I've been pushing it a little tooo quickly......

Have a great sunday y'all and may the packing continue!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 12:17 pm

Just remembered about the Imodium (someone asked about it yesterday). A few years ago when the Norovirus started showing up on the cruiseship, the medical staff asked the gift shop to pull all the Imodium off their shelves because they wanted passengers with "those" symptoms to report to the Medical facility so they could be tested and monitored and not just try to treat it on their own. I personally haven't seen Imodium sold in the shops since then. But I always travel with some just in case, so if someone is in need just knock on my door and give the password!
Back to top Go down
RBOUR
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 12:58 pm

Who's the camera expert in the group???confused confused Our son got us a new Nicon camera last night as a Bon Voyage gift .Hope I can figure it out I am not good at that stuff. It will be nice to take 300 pics and be able to delete the bad ones.Sooo whos got the know how help..Sad ............Ruth
See you soon.Very Happy Very Happy one suit case 46lbs and the other 45 lbe and garent bag 44 so unless I add more we are packed yea!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 1:16 pm

RBOUR wrote:
Who's the camera expert in the group???confused confused Our son got us a new Nicon camera last night as a Bon Voyage gift .Hope I can figure it out I am not good at that stuff. It will be nice to take 300 pics and be able to delete the bad ones.Sooo whos got the know how help..Sad ............Ruth
See you soon.Very Happy Very Happy one suit case 46lbs and the other 45 lbe and garent bag 44 so unless I add more we are packed yea!

I think Jul is our photograpy expert!

Nice going on the suitcase weights. Mine are about the same as yours. Hope I don't buy too many sweatshirts/souveniers! juggling
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 1:24 pm

ruth.......make sure you bring a couple extra cards for the camera........you don't want the card to fill up or to go bad right when a whale breaches!

Also......charge your battery before leaving and don't forget to bring the charger!!!

Bring your book too........also, I have found the photo dept to be very helpful with cameras........I got most my advice from a local guy here that worked on Princess in the photo dept.....

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 1:26 pm

AND FOR ALL YOU NEW CAMERA OWNERS...........the best thing I can tell ya is GO OUTSIDE NOW AND START SNAPPING..........check out the differences in the lighting ect........just snap 100 pics or so......you can delete them........take scenery pics, take people pics.....

this is the best thing to do to familiarize yourself.....

START SNAPPING......JEN, SUSAN, RUTH,!!!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 1:35 pm

Thank you for the advice. I did that this week and feel much more confident! I took it to work one day. We have lots of things hanging from the ceiling (butterfly mobiles, etc). I pretended they were whales and set the camera to the "sport-mode" and multi-shoot and snapped away. Got a string of photos of the butterflies turning in the air. Looked just like a whale breeching and a glacier calving! lol!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 1:57 pm

WTG Susan!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 1:59 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
AND FOR ALL YOU NEW CAMERA OWNERS...........the best thing I can tell ya is GO OUTSIDE NOW AND START SNAPPING..........check out the differences in the lighting ect........just snap 100 pics or so......you can delete them........take scenery pics, take people pics.....

this is the best thing to do to familiarize yourself.....

START SNAPPING......JEN, SUSAN, RUTH,!!!

And don't forget your big sister me stickingtongueout ...
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 2:03 pm

Ooops..sorry Jill........................I could never forget ya sis!!!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 2:08 pm

VegasSpunk wrote:
NOW!!! NOW!!! NOW!!! NOW!!!

Hope all you SPBs gave a great last Sunday before we FINALLY get to go. Chris and I are off to Wally World for the last minute sundries and some new undies for sis and socks for me. Very Happy

Patti -- Chris mention we are now proud members of the Dyson fan club? WOW what a difference, great machine and well worth the $$$.Cool

Well off to the showers. Have a good day all! and....
I WANNA GO NOW!!!!!!!!!bounce

Congratulations on your Dyson. You will really love it.........it really sucks.....I mean has lots of sucking power. stickingtongueout
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 2:30 pm

Persistance finally paid off..........Called American Air for about the 10th time trying desperately to get two seats together only to be told 'all changes have to be made at the airport"....soooo this time I threw in their "disability' rules and got results .........someone is supposed to call and change our seats to two together toward the front of the plane.....YEA Cool ......will feel much better on a 4 hour flight if dh is next to me instead of infront of me....wasn't sure how i was going to get anything out of my bag under the seat when bending is an issue.......

Unless of course, any spb's are in the seat next to me!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 2:39 pm

Good going Jul! How'd you end up without seats next to each other to begin with? Did you book late?
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 2:42 pm

Susan......nooooo....booked a year ago......however they changed the plane from a 2/3 config to a 3/3 config and had me on a middle seat......by the time I noticed this (2 mos ago) I could only be switched to 2 aisle seats.......course, surgery wasn't thought about at that point...

Now I realize that isn't going to be great so have been calling them EVERY day for 2 weeks trying to get it changed.....I've asked for upgrading using more miles, bulkhead, exit row....anything......finally a get a lady that could help (maybe cuz I used the 'disability' word).....but whatever, as long as it works.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next