Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 7:22 pm

Jean sorry about Carmen. Prayers that she will recover and be up and about in time. It is so hard when our babies cry and we can't make it better. Sad
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 7:26 pm

Jean: Sorry that Carmen is not feeling well today, but tomorrow will be better...

If anyone wants to see an E1 Balcony our cabin is 9516 and you all are welcome (call first) like Jean I will not be answering the door to just anyone Rolling Eyes

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 PolarBearBanner1
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 8:42 pm

jillybabes wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
Jill, I'm sorry that I neglected to answer your question this morning......LJ pointed it out to me. We are doing the 12:40PM train in Skagway. I had no idea that one left at 7:15.

Leave the cabin crawl the way it is.............Tom did go to a lot of work and trouble. We'll just throw caution to the wind and go with the flow.

I do not remember if they sell Immodium on the ship.........they sell just about everything else. You might be wise to bring it from home just to be on the safe side.

No problem Patti, I am not insulted that you neglected me, I guess if I was from Ohio you would have answered faster lol!
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 8:43 pm

I have an idea..........we should think up a secret password that only the SPB's know.........more identifiable when knocking on someone's door. ThumpsUp

I have finished folding all dinner clothes for Jim and myself and they are in the folders ready to be Velcro closed, put in suitcase, zipped up and we are out of here. Did a trial run on my second case and 40#. Cool

Can't believe how difficult this packing job was.............reading all the different temps we might have........I had to throw in a couple short sleeved shirts.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 8:50 pm

ALERT...ALERT.............Ephraim wants his mother and himself to be added to the cabin crawl...................you know what that means??? Do you think that CCC would tag along with them?? Mad Mad Mad

Oh wait a minute.............that means he WON'T be there for the first Trivia game.............yes, sign him up. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 9:24 pm

grizzlybear wrote:
Quick question for you - I read on one of the boards that the ships don't sell Immodium - is that right? I hope we don't need it, but sometimes rich foods can affect the digestion. . . affraid

Teresa

I always bring some along with some antacid and some other quick fixes for various and sundry problems.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 9:27 pm

critterchick wrote:
Anybody who misses the cabin crawl (and that may include us) can come see our cabin any time. We have the portside GS hump cabin, 1060 - huge balcony from the looks of it. Just call first as we're not going to answer the door if we aren't expecting somebody! Wouldn't want You Know Who barging in and sticking her foot in the door the way she did to a friend of mine on the Jewel.affraid

Carmen wasn't looking great today. The vet said he would like to see faster progress, but the neurologist did say that her type of injury can take a couple of weeks to heal. But she CRIES and CRIES like a baby when we leave, and that got Don all depressed. We were able to prop her up in a position other than lying on her side and she drank a bowl and a half of water that way, which the techs hadn't been able to get her to do. I think we're going to have to have some intensive PT to get my pup back on her feet!Crying or Very sad

Don't worry Jean it just takes time. I'm sure Carmen will stand right up and greet you when you get back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 9:35 pm

Jean and Jill, Thanks for the invitation. I will definitely call first if I come. Does anybody have a hump?? We will have one on MAriner and I'd sure like to see what I fought for. lol!

Right now on our local PBS channel they are showing a program about the Inside Passage. It talks a lot about the discovery and the Indian folklore. Very interesting.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 9:43 pm

Sheila: I know that Diane & John are on deck 7... I think they are on the hump or just b4...I can tell you all about the hump on Mariner flower ....We had 8120 on our first Mariner sailing and LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it Wink !!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 10:12 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Sheila: I know that Diane & John are on deck 7... I think they are on the hump or just b4...I can tell you all about the hump on Mariner flower ....We had 8120 on our first Mariner sailing and LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it Wink !!!

Thanks Jill, I'm so glad to hear that because we'll be in it for 46 days. We'll be on deck 6 though but I'm sure the view will be the same. I will ask Diane and John for a peek.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 10:46 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
jillybabes wrote:

Thanks Jill, I'm so glad to hear that because we'll be in it for 46 days. We'll be on deck 6 though but I'm sure the view will be the same. I will ask Diane and John for a peek.

One deck above the Cafe Promenade and all the yummy goodies!!!
Just checked the deck plans and Diane is 2nd cabin from the beginning of the hump, I know she will allow us to see the cabin Razz
We will be sailing on Mariner again, this time Western 2/24 to celebrate our anniversary...They have the BEST Oatmeal Raisin Cookies!!!

I do feel badly for Tom, after all the hard work he has done, not everyone will attend the crawl Sad ... I don't think it would matter what day and time he chose, it would never suit this many people with so much going on tongue ...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 10:57 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:
jillybabes wrote:

One deck above the Cafe Promenade and all the yummy goodies!!!
Just checked the deck plans and Diane is 2nd cabin from the beginning of the hump, I know she will allow us to see the cabin Razz
We will be sailing on Mariner again, this time Western 2/24 to celebrate our anniversary...They have the BEST Oatmeal Raisin Cookies!!!

I do feel badly for Tom, after all the hard work he has done, not everyone will attend the crawl Sad ... I don't think it would matter what day and time he chose, it would never suit this many people with so much going on tongue ...

Oh!! I remember now. I just had an epiphany. When we were on Voyager and Mariner, we had Promenade View rooms one floor above the promenade and I used to run down for tea and those cookies to the Cafe. I hadn't remembered that it was deck 6. Now I'm really happy. That's a good spot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 11:02 pm

I'm having trouble getting on CC tonight is anyone else??
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 11:21 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
I'm having trouble getting on CC tonight is anyone else??

No problem getting on CC but, I think there is something in the air Twisted Evil ! My address book is out of alphabetical order and I don't know how that happened... Hopefully it will clear up tomorrow...Nighty Night SPB...Glad that so many of us got the packing job out of the way... Sleep Sleep

Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 11:24 pm

Ginny.........dental repair kit is a little kit that has stuff to glue a cap back on or fill a broken filling..........

Back from dinner out with friends..only one drink cuz I was going to drive but then forgot and let dh drive...I'm a idiot!!...coulda had more!!

ready for Sleep so y'all have a good night......
jul Smile
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 11:47 pm

Good night SPB's.............chat with you all tomorrow. Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 11:58 pm

Looks like everyone has gone to bed. I will do the same as soon as I move all the "sorted" stuff off of it. At least we got a little bit done today. Feeling very overwhelmed here...just can't get into high gear, but will certainly be ready by Thursday.

Jean - Poor Carmen...she probably knows you're going away. Animals are too smart...and with her injury, she's bound to cry. I'm sure she has the best of care, and hope will be back to old self when you return. Martha and I send some love pats and TimeToFeedTheCat TimeToFeedTheCat TimeToFeedTheCat TimeToFeedTheCat send kitty kisses.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 1:07 am

Our Neighborhood Watch coordinator sent us this email tonight. We see this cat every day on our morning walk - he comes out and tells us how he's starving to death because nobody ever feeds him, so we took to carrying dry food with us to give to him. Guess we'll be getting another cat:

"Sadly, after 32 years in the neighborhood, I will be moving from the 4200 block of Exultant Drive in 2 weeks - but a lovely couple with a 6 year old son are buying the house

"Unfortunately, at The Terraces where I will be moving, I cannot take our elderly outside cat that our
daughter befriended when she was in junior high.
Is there anyone in our neighborhood that would be willing to adopt "Ragu" ??- he's gray with white paws and "just hangs around outside". I would be willing to help pay for food or any medical expenses - I've been told that if not, it would be best to euthanize him which makes me very sad."

No way she is going to put him down! He's at least 15 years old and doesn't have a lot of time left, but it will be quality time, goddamit! (sorry for the blasphemy). Fortunately he's never lived indoors, so keeping him outside should work, if (big IF) he doesn't try to go home every day. He knows the dogs already, so that's a plus. The owner is heartsick - she didn't know she couldn't move him into her new place until she was committed. We've met before, so she is comfortable with us as new parents.

I am certifiable...

Ephraim isn't coming within a country mile of my cabin. No way, no how.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:32 am

Well, Jean, I guess if there was any doubt before, we all now know why your signon name is Critterchick! I hope Carmen is doing better today and Blanca calms down a tad. It doesn't sound like Ragu will be too much trouble if you can get him relocated closer to your house! God bless you and your animals. Is your passion only related to domesticated animals? I work with a girl who has an extraordinary obsession for all injured wild things. She will stop in the middle of the highway to move a turtle off the road. She has multiple times brought baby birds with her to work in a box so she can feed them every hour via a bottle. When the wild geese outside our office layed their spring eggs in the bushes at the front door, she went out and put up construction work zone tape around their nest! God love her, my mind just doesn't work that way and she has really opened my eyes to pay attention to what's going on around me!

Sheila, did you weather the storm or are you and your animals still in the basement? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:40 am

Ephraim (aka Donkey as I like to call him) on the cabin crawl, now that is a problem. If he comes I'm most certain CCC will be glued to his hip... what to do, what to do.

I don't think we will drop out of the showing, since we are first and Tom did so much work. But if CCC and Donkey are tagging along, I'm sure we won't do the crawl. I've actually seen most of the cabin types that we would ever book, so that's not really why we were going to do it. I was considering it more of a social hour.

I can't remember if I ever posted this, but you are all welcome to visit anytime! We are right next to Jean in 1062. A password, that might do it! "FREE PATTI" works for me!
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:59 am

Good morning, and can't blame the cats this time. Woke up at 4 a.m.

Susan - I agree, I would not like to have *her* in my cabin either, but would not pull out of the crawl showing for Tom's sake either. Of course any of the SPB's are welcome to see our cabin...and we thank you again for our first JS Aft. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Did you notice the big diamond she has in her siggie now???? Maybe she won't have to mention her status in every post anymore. Sure looks like a CZ to me.

Jean - You are so kind. All of our darlings had sad stories behind them. We are suckers for animals. Hope Carmen is better today.

Nice to see Barb posting...do we ever NEED this cruise.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:06 am

Yes, I saw the "diamond" this morning. I was going to ask if that was new! I didn't remember seeing it before! What a putz.

Jean, FYI, I found this day spa in Astoria. Price look quite good, at least compared to the ship's prices!

http://www.columbiariverdayspa.com/

I'm not sure I will book anything with them or not. We might just crash that day, but we'll see. Maybe I can call them from Seattle if I change my mind...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:54 am

Quote :
Sheila, did you weather the storm or are you and your animals still in the basement? Laughing

No storm yet but Gabrielle is off the coast of NC. This morning we were told that it will probably swing out to sea before hitting the Delaware coast, but if you like I will still make something up. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 10:00 am

Quote :
Ephraim (aka Donkey as I like to call him) on the cabin crawl, now that is a problem. If he comes I'm most certain CCC will be glued to his hip... what to do, what to do.

I don't honestly think you have a problem with CCC hanging with Ephraim and his mom. After the M&M on Brilliance I never saw them together much at all in fact he and Yves joined up with several other CC folks to do private tours. Of course if you open the door and there she is with them you will have the right to hunt me down and whip me with a wet noodle. ThreeStooges
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 10:05 am

Murphy wrote:
Yes, I saw the "diamond" this morning. I was going to ask if that was new! I didn't remember seeing it before! What a putz.

Jean, FYI, I found this day spa in Astoria. Price look quite good, at least compared to the ship's prices!

http://www.columbiariverdayspa.com/

I'm not sure I will book anything with them or not. We might just crash that day, but we'll see. Maybe I can call them from Seattle if I change my mind...

I like their prices Susan. Let me know if you decide to go I might join you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: