Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 6:03 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
We are going to wear our cafepress shirts for embarkation....long sleeve if it's cool, short if it's not.....no boa on embarkation.........

YEA......American Air jst called and got aisle 8 instead of 24 and 25..........guess I got the right agent and used the right word (even tho I didn't want to use it but it worked)

The other 1379 fliers, will u be at the gate or meeting somewhere else???........We land from Sgf at 7ish which is good since we have to change terminals and I walk Slllloooooowwwwwllllyyyyyyyyyyy!!!
Good for you that you got better seats. We always try to book aisle seats across from each other. Makes exiting the plane so much easier.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 6:10 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
We are going to wear our cafepress shirts for embarkation....long sleeve if it's cool, short if it's not.....no boa on embarkation.........

YEA......American Air jst called and got aisle 8 instead of 24 and 25..........guess I got the right agent and used the right word (even tho I didn't want to use it but it worked)

The other 1379 fliers, will u be at the gate or meeting somewhere else???........We land from Sgf at 7ish which is good since we have to change terminals and I walk Slllloooooowwwwwllllyyyyyyyyyyy!!!
You should call them back and ask for assistance changing gates. They will put you on one of the carts that zoom thru the airport! At least they do that at ORD.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 6:14 pm

Susan..........we have a couple hours so I figure we'll ask for the cart when we get there...........if it was a tight connection I would have set it up prior......
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 7:08 pm

Juls: Could you send me your email addy please...
jilljaye@tampabay.rr.com Thanks, Jill

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 PolarBearBanner1
Back to top Go down
Linda in KY
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 7:13 pm

cruiseforme wrote:

Glad you got your seating corrected! We will be at the gate as soon as we can. Our flight from sdf arrives at 8:20 so you should be there well before us.

Still haven't done any packing but it will get done in time! I'm usually last minute on stuff like that anyway. If I pack too soon, I either forget what I've packed and leave out something important or bring way too much.

Looking forward to starting our party early in DFW! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 7:33 pm

Chelle the cruise junkie posted this on my Radiance thread and I thought you would be interested.

Hi everyone;

Just back from the Radiance on Friday. I know by now you've all heard the news about Captain Rune, he met me in the centrium when I boarded and told me. It wasn't even annouced on the ship until Tuesday. He says he'll probably be there for the full two years. He left the Radiance on Friday, gets about 5 weeks off and reports to Sydney in October. For me it was kismet, what I thought was his last cruise before vacation ended up being his last Radiance so it was great to be their with him. He was so sweet, gave me a model of the ship that he signed with his hurdy gurdy stuff. He will be missed so much on that ship. They are switching things up alot though, moving out a bunch of people again to spread the "best crew" around. I HATE CHANGES!!!!

That's not the only news either. SteveO from the CD staff also was transferred to the Rhapsody and Florin (Flo) quit RCI so he won't be back once he leaves this Friday. Everyone is saying that Simon will leave too to join Kieran, he'll probably just do this contract which starts on the 14th and that's all. The current production staff goes on the 28th which is a huge change because this crew had the best show ratings ever on Radiance.

Kurt Detweiler is the CD now, he's good. Sings, dances and dresses up big time for the events. Loads of fun, we spent a couple of evenings together with some of the dancers and a couple of the guest entertainers and had a blast.

Willie won't be back in the Conceirge lounge until the end of October when Reyno leaves for vacation. REYNO was the BEST!!!! I spent more time in the lounge this week than I have in all my others weeks combined. I really hope they assign him either to Radiance or to another ship as conceirge because its a job that suits him to a T!!!! He was good in Guest Relations but he rocks as conceirge.

They are going to mix things up a bit for the member cruise on the 14th. The lounge on deck 10 will be for suite people only and the Diamond people will use the Hollywood Oddessey for their lounge with two people minding it from Guest Relations, Reyno will be in the lounge on 10 with the suite guests.

All in all it seems as though the reign of the Radiance is coming to an end for awhile. Going to be all new faces and things happening. I am just glad I got to be their one more time before they mix it up!!

Don't mind the spelling too much, I am tired and a little bit sick so I am not sure what's wrong and right!!! LOL

chelleRadiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Smile
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 7:57 pm

CCC will not be happy about not being able to man the coffee machine in the CL...They should have gotten a suite to begin with roflmao . What will Ephraim do now TheFinger ...

Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 7:59 pm

She'll throw a temper and get a key!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:06 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Don't bet on it. No No No
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:07 pm

jillybabes wrote:
CCC will not be happy about not being able to man the coffee machine in the CL...They should have gotten a suite to begin with roflmao . What will Ephraim do now TheFinger ...
And I want to be right there to see her throw a fit............. ThumpsUp ThumpsUp ThumpsUp
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:11 pm

Well, all I can say is that I wish all of you who aren't in suites could get in the CL, but I can't say that I'm unhappy that CCC won't get in! Should be interesting to say the least.

We split to another thread BTW in case you didn't notice!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:15 pm

One more shopping trip and I should finally have everything I need.........Feeling confident of my packing...

However, I have now changed my 'traveling' outfit 4x....cannot decide...was thinking that jeans may not be comfortable since I haven't had any tight clothes on yet...(may have to get past that in the next two weeks tho!!)..hope not, thinking LOTS of soup..

I've actually lost 19# since wearing any of these clothes I've packed so have no idea how they fit!....Guess time will tell!!!

k........I'm rambling.........time for a nap!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:27 pm

I hope I finished my shopping today! Ray sometimes has trouble with sinus pressure when we fly, so I went out and bought him some "earplanes" today. And then I found some cute red slippers to go with my Polar Bear PJs!

Jul, I think you are right about not wearing jeans to fly this trip. You don't want to be uncomfortable.

OK, I'm going to go organize my carry-on bag...
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:28 pm

cruiseforme wrote:

If she gets a key, all of us not in a suite will get a key tongue

Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:30 pm

Susan.......another trick for sinus pressure is to take some benedryl before flying........
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:36 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Susan.......another trick for sinus pressure is to take some benedryl before flying........

Haven't tried benedryl, but he always takes a Sudaphed an hour before we board... maybe I'll get him to switch this trip...
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:37 pm

Sudafed should do the same thing.........
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:38 pm

jillybabes wrote:
cruiseforme wrote:

Don't worry, I'll invite you all in in the afternoon if I see the coffee grounds need to be emptied..........roflmaoroflmaoroflmao
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:39 pm

jillybabes wrote:
cruiseforme wrote:

You betcha! Cool
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:42 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
jillybabes wrote:
cruiseforme wrote:

You betcha! Cool

I know WHO has an "IN" with the powers that be Laughing

Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:45 pm

jillybabes wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
jillybabes wrote:
cruiseforme wrote:

You betcha! Cool

When specific rules are set, then those powers become useless. Crying or Very sad And if it means not being able to have a key just so she won't..........that's OK with us.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:23 pm

I posted back to Chelle specifically about the use of the CL by D/D+ guests during the day and this is what she responded back with..............

"Reyno is absolutely wonderful. I spent more time in the lounge than I have on any other cruise. Not sure about the details concerning the lounges, but I was under the impression only suite guests would get the white card and Diamond & + would use HO, currently there isn't a working machine in there but if they plan to use that as the lounge they would have to make it available since that is the main use of the lounge".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:25 pm

Okay which of my new BFF's are going to get a cup of Cappucino out of the CL to me every morning. That's all I need from there. Oh!! except priority tender tix. I guess i can make my own Chops resi's if I really have to. Sad

Last edited by on Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:26 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
jillybabes wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
jillybabes wrote:
cruiseforme wrote:

You betcha! Cool

When specific rules are set, then those powers become useless. Crying or Very sad And if it means not being able to have a key just so she won't..........that's OK with us.

Agree 100%

Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:27 pm

Ruth........you go girl............Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Now, let's see if she comes back with an answer...........of if you get poofed. Below is what Ruth posted...........wanted you all to enjoy in case it goes missing. ThumpsUp ThumpsUp

Quote :

It dosen't sound like theres much you like about cruising???? Lousy buffett and you haven't even boarded.Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Confused Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Confused

Quote :
What is your table ## if I might ask????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: