Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

New to Princess

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cruisequeen
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-08-18

New to Princess Empty
PostSubject: New to Princess   New to Princess Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 4:52 pm

I will be sailing on Princess in Oct. (the Caribbean Princess) I have sailed RCL, Carnival and Celebrity. I was wondering how Princess will compare - in your opinions. I have read some of the "Patters" and it sounds like Princess has a larger variety of entertainment all about the ship! I like that!

We are leaving out of FLL - I'm hoping embarkation will be a breeze like it is for Celebrity & RCL out of this port.

Anyone have any pointers for the Caribbean Princess? Any advice about this ship? Any "don't miss" suggestions???
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruisesnyou.com
NYC Teacher
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
NYC Teacher

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-08-16

New to Princess Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Princess   New to Princess Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:28 am

Cruisequeen - Princess is one of my favorite lines! Keeping in mind this is based only on my personal experiences but, it's my opinion that Princess is better than both Carnival and Royal Caribbean and on par with Celebrity. It's a bit more reserved, which I personally prefer.

Entertainment is usually good to very good and you'll usually have a choice of two or three different shows mosts night. This can be anything from productions to comedians.

I like sailing out of Fort Lauderdale. I'm always amazed at the amount of cruise ships there and I love checking out other ships from a distance as I explorer the ship I am about to sail. I've never had any major problems with embarkation at this port. And, check-in is pretty efficent.

I haven't sailed on Caribbean Princess yet but, on most Princess ships must dos are both alternative restaurants: Sabitini's and Sterling Steakhouse, well worth the extra cost - at least to me. Speaking of food, Princess does offer a 24 hour buffet in the Horizon Court and I've always liked this feature especially after dancing into the wee hours of the morning.

The theaters do get crowded so I recommend getting there early. Don't miss the champagne waterfall - it's usually done in the atrium/lobby area on the last formal night. The champagne isn't great quality but it's still a lot of fun to watch and a glass of champagne is complimentary.

The enrichment programs are good, I particularly like the cooking demonstrations.

It's early in the morning and my brain isn't fully engaged yet but, hopefully this is enough to get the ball rolling and others will post things I have forgotten to mention.
Back to top Go down
cruisequeen
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-08-18

New to Princess Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Princess   New to Princess Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 12:18 pm

Thanks for your input! I had heard about the Champagne waterfall and am looking forward to that. It's good to hear you compare Princess with Celebrity and not Carnival! We love Celebrity and just got off an 11 night cruise (in April) on the Zenith before she was moved to another company. We were on the next to last sailing of her. We have taken many Carnival cruises but our last one was the worse cruise ever. We were on the Valor and the service was absolutely terrible. That really turned us off. Now we stick mostly to RCL. The price was too good to pass up on this Princess sailing so we thought we'd give it a try. We have 2 other couples going with us so it will be full of fun, I'm sure!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruisesnyou.com
Sponsored content

New to Princess Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Princess   New to Princess Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to Princess
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Princess Cruise Lines-
Jump to: