Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I???

Go down 
AuthorMessage
skyking
Royal Caribbean Host
Royal Caribbean Host
skyking

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-09-04

I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I??? Empty
PostSubject: I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I???   I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I??? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 7:44 pm

Ok so I have a HUGE group on my upcoming sailing for the Mariner...I wanted to let them all know about this site ETC ETC...I posted a link, and CC already has this site blocked...YOU CANT post a URL anywhere....This is why I am coming here now after my next two cruises...It is up to US to spread the word and take over:)

Tim

Tim
Cruise Sales Manager
Crown City Travel
(407) 658-9484
www.crowncitycruises.com

Visit my pics page at www.cruisingwithtim.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.crowncitycruises.com
Former Cruise Critic
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Former Cruise Critic

Number of posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I???   I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I??? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 9:24 pm

Let's face it for the past two years CC has been on a downward slide. They let people flame away at each other and yet you can't post a simple url or recommend a travel agent - that they find offensive. This is a wonderful sanctuary and, I am beginning to promote Cruise Freeks among co-workers who cruise who have also grown tired of CC and all the rules and regulations.

I also plan to hand out homemade cards with the web address for this site on my Meet and Mingle on Explorer on December.
Back to top Go down
Wildewoman
Host
Host
Wildewoman

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I???   I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I??? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 9:32 pm

All our welcome here!!Welcome

I like to think of this as the "friendly" board!! Party

Spread the word!!

Linda
Back to top Go down
http://www.wildetravel.com

PostSubject: Re: I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I???   I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I??? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 9:53 pm

why am I not surprised?? scratch
Back to top Go down
Hopeful Henry
Host
Host
Hopeful Henry

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I???   I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 9:43 am

Skyking - I believe anything that happens on CC at this point. We're glad you're here and you can help promote us by telling your group about us when you sailing and don't forget to mention that we're already forming a group over here for the inaugural sailing on Genesis when it come out in 2009.
Back to top Go down
skyking
Royal Caribbean Host
Royal Caribbean Host
skyking

PostSubject: Re: I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I???   I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 2:45 pm

Henry- You bet I will:) I like it here!

Tim
Cruise Sales Manager
Crown City Travel
(407) 658-9484
www.crowncitycruises.com

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I???   I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I??? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 6:48 pm

I can believe it............after I was banned from there for a couple of weeks................if it wasnt for my ongoing roll calls,I would have never gone back.........kinda ridiculous............
Back to top Go down
Love2Hula
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Love2Hula

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I???   I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I??? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 7:50 pm

PH8 wrote:
I can believe it............after I was banned from there for a couple of weeks................if it wasnt for my ongoing roll calls,I would have never gone back.........kinda ridiculous............

Kathy - you got banned? How?

Love your fishy avatar!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I???   I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I??? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:41 pm

Seems I wasnt following proper etiquette,according to the boss in charge of CC..Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I???   I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I??? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:43 pm

BTW Tina..........we have the same birthday......of course,I am a few years older than you...ok, quite a few...What a Face
Back to top Go down
Wildewoman
Host
Host
Wildewoman

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I???   I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I??? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 9:16 am

Well, you are all welcome here!! sunny We're glad you found us!!

Linda
Back to top Go down
http://www.wildetravel.com
cruizinmimi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I???   I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I??? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 5:23 pm

PH8 wrote:

Laughing I really don't mean to Laughing but I was banned also from cc. I never could understand why. I kept asking LS and all I got in reply was "you're in violation of the rules Rolling Eyes . All I was doing was talking makeup on the fashion board....and I was on topic:shock:

Oh, well, I like this board and I like the fact you can actually say something whether you're a favorite of LS or not.

Linda
Back to top Go down
Ugly Betty Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Ugly Betty Fan

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I???   I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I??? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 6:47 pm

I think I get the blue ribbon award for CC, they banned me for asking too many questions! Then labeled a trouble maker lol! Little does CC understand that I work in a building with 5,000 people and just today I posted this website on the community bulletin board and I'm going to post the cruise specials being offered by Cruise Freeks there too!
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I???   I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I??? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 6:58 pm

Way to go Betty Fan! I had my CC name changed for me by the powers that be because it too closely reflected my agency name. No, these are your options for a new name or please change your name to something else. Just, this is your new name. Oh well, I'm here now.

"Hopelessly lost when not planning a cruise."

www.ambiancetc.com
Nina@ambiancetc.com - Time to book your cabin on the Cunard group cruises!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com

PostSubject: Re: I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I???   I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I??? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 9:59 pm

Wow...........what an elite group we are!!!Laughing

I was actually accused of following one person around and making negative comments to her......I really wasnt.i was just correcting her endless misinformation.....and trust me,I wasnt her only victim...

Went to post one day and couldnt ....Ban without warnng.....I fought that one.....like i said,if it wasnt for a few good friends on there,I would never go back...
Back to top Go down
Arvids
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Arvids

Number of posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I???   I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I??? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 10:25 am

I was known as MichiganCruisingCouple on CC with 6714 posts.

Then I posted a link to a site don't know which one back in March of 2006.

Then poof I was gone.Violin

I was told by Laura "" I was not to post on threads that I was not sailing on"" and no advertising was allowed. But others had done it and they were still up and running.

Talk about cencorship.Jedi

When people were saying I did not know what I was talking about I voiced my opionion. And then for the next 3 months I stayed away from all the boards.

But I really enjoy giving help to others and when I read a question no matter if I am sailing on that cruise or not. I am happy to voice my help. If I don't know the answer I will search it out.

So we are happy that people are coming over from CC.

I may mention Laura's name on here but I am not talking about Laura from CC but my wife Laura. Thank goodness they are not the same person.
Back to top Go down
skyking
Royal Caribbean Host
Royal Caribbean Host
skyking

PostSubject: Re: I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I???   I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I??? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 10:34 am

I noticed if not the beloved SCHPLINKY ( sarcasm people) then you cant get away with anything over there. The flaming has gotten worse over there as well, it is HORRIBLE.

Tim
Cruise Sales Manager
Crown City Travel
(407) 658-9484
www.crowncitycruises.com

Back to top Go down
Arvids
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Arvids

Number of posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I???   I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I??? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 11:21 am

I got back in after a while but had to change my name.

But I don't post or try to defend any position anymore.

I enjoy helping and I am glad that I have a place that I can help on any board.

I do alot of research about the cruises I take and if I can help even one person I am happy.

So I am happy cruise freek forums are here so I can Help:cheers:
Back to top Go down
Love2Hula
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Love2Hula

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I???   I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 8:27 pm

PH8 wrote:
BTW Tina..........we have the same birthday......of course,I am a few years older than you...ok, quite a few...What a Face

We do? Well, happy belated birthday then!! Party HappyBirthday

I have never been banned, but I have had posted deleted. And then I see other's totally violating rules. When I "triangle" them, it is ignored??? Whatever!

I just don't get some people over there sometimes. I try to stay out of the hot topics, but sometimes I don't believe what I am reading and I HAVE to say something.... But it get's me nowhere, unfortunately.

I am glad everyone is here!! Share Share Share
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I???   I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I??? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 11:01 am

skyking wrote:
I noticed if not the beloved SCHPLINKY ( sarcasm people) then you cant get away with anything over there. The flaming has gotten worse over there as well, it is HORRIBLE.

Just for the record,I cruised with Schplinky(Lee) on the Liberty pre inaugural.......we really enjoyed his company. I have no problem with him...
Back to top Go down
Trvlr37
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I???   I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I??? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 12:32 pm

Arvids & Kathy - Am sorry to hear about what happened to you both on cc. I now have heard of several folks who have been banned altogether for various reasons with no recourse and it's very sad as I felt some were very good contributers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I???   I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I??? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 12:40 pm

Thanks Barb......at least I had some very good company... Very Happy

BTW-You should send Vicki a copy of that pic you have for our album..........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I???   I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I CANT BELIEVE what CC has done...OR can I???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: General Cruise Topics :: I Just Have To Say...-
Jump to: