Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Pre Cruise Anxiety

Go down 
AuthorMessage
skyking
Royal Caribbean Host
Royal Caribbean Host
skyking

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Pre Cruise Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Pre Cruise Anxiety   Pre Cruise Anxiety Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 12:53 pm

Hello All,

OK so here is my problem. I am cruising on the Mariner again in 11 Days 21 Hours and about 6 Min.....I just have sooo much to do. We have not even taken out the bags yet, I need a tan, I need loose 10 pounds, and I need to have my suite pants taken out:) You think I would have learned by now to get all this stuff done. Does anyone else freak out this close to a cruise????
Back to top Go down
http://www.crowncitycruises.com

Pre Cruise Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Cruise Anxiety   Pre Cruise Anxiety Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 1:02 pm

skyking wrote:
Hello All,

OK so here is my problem. I am cruising on the Mariner again in 11 Days 21 Hours and about 6 Min.....I just have sooo much to do. We have not even taken out the bags yet, I need a tan, I need loose 10 pounds, and I need to have my suite pants taken out:) You think I would have learned by now to get all this stuff done. Does anyone else freak out this close to a cruise????

Welcome to Cruise Freeks! Welcome

And oh boy, can I relate!! I never feel like I'm ready to cruise, as you mentioned there is always SOMETHING to do. I think the best advice is to remember you can't control everything. If you forget something you can buy on the ship or while in port. If you're 10, 20 or even 100 pounds over weight, so what, is that really going to effect the overall enjoyment of your trip? Wink

But, I do understand how you feel!
Back to top Go down

Pre Cruise Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Cruise Anxiety   Pre Cruise Anxiety Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 1:16 pm

If I waited to lose weight I'd never cruise Wink And yes, I can relate to the pre-cruise stress, no matter how far in advance I start to pack!!!
Back to top Go down
skyking
Royal Caribbean Host
Royal Caribbean Host
skyking

Number of posts : 27

Pre Cruise Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Cruise Anxiety   Pre Cruise Anxiety Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 12:18 pm

Ivanova wrote:
If I waited to lose weight I'd never cruise Wink And yes, I can relate to the pre-cruise stress, no matter how far in advance I start to pack!!!

The reason I dont want to loose weight to far out is because I gain it back so fast:) I started hard core atkins and going to the gym and have 8 pounds as of this morning, and I have only been doing it 4 days. I eat a lot, but I eat of high proteinn, no carb foods. But the key to the diet is to work out, and hit the cardio hard while you are doing it. Now remember carbs give you energy, so it is tough to go to the gym at night when you have had less than 10 carbs all day, but you just got to push yourself, and drink A LOT of water...Over a gallon a day if you can. Smile

Tim
Cruise Sales Manager
Crown City Travel
(407) 658-9484
www.crowncitycruises.com

Visit my pics page at www.cruisingwithtim.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.crowncitycruises.com

Pre Cruise Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Cruise Anxiety   Pre Cruise Anxiety Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 3:52 pm

Because of my diabetes I'm on a low carb, doctor monitored program (can't really call it a diet, since it's life long now) ... can't do the 10-20 carbs a day (doc would freak) but I do have to keep it down to 150 carbs a day, which can be a real challenge when you're a carb-addict. Wink
Back to top Go down
Charlie Tuna
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Charlie Tuna

Number of posts : 32

Pre Cruise Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Cruise Anxiety   Pre Cruise Anxiety Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 3:57 pm

Life without carbs?!?! No way! I love pasta way too much!!
Back to top Go down
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Pre Cruise Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Cruise Anxiety   Pre Cruise Anxiety Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 4:47 pm

DH & I leave in 23 days and I haven't started anything yet either. I did make my hair appointment for a couple of days before we leave. Did a quick check this morning on the toiletry case. My mom would be completely packed by now & will soon start to bug me about my "last minute ways"! Laughing

Don't worry about the weight thing. You'll just gain it all back on board anyway!

Enjoy your trip!!!

Towanda
Back to top Go down
cruizinmimi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Pre Cruise Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Cruise Anxiety   Pre Cruise Anxiety Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 8:08 pm

Skyking You look good to me.....Are you and your lovely wife back on the Mariner???

You gave us great directions on renting a car and getting to the PC for our 2nd trip on the Mariner. We just got off the MOS in May. Our next trip is on the Jewel of the Seas. Can't wait until Dec.

I'm a planner and a list-maker. I do stress a little bit over arrangements, but not as much any more. Cruising is so much fun and it is the only time I can get my DH off and away from computers and phones
Back to top Go down
Wildewoman
Host
Host
Wildewoman

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Pre Cruise Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Cruise Anxiety   Pre Cruise Anxiety Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 2:35 pm

Sorry ~ I can't relate to the pre-cruise anxiety.

Our Alaska Cruise is over a year away - I have all of the shore excursions booked & most are paid for.

I have a suit case open in the guest room on the bed & it is just about ready to zip shut!! It has the "Alaska Clothes" & cruise essential in it!!
The power strip, the Ugg boots, the "silkies" (silk underware) for the helicopter ride.

The sweaters, the journal - that I had printed with ALASKA on it.

I alkso tossed in 2 theraml coffe cups - so we can get coffe & go sit on the deck, 2 lanyards, our rain coats, etc.

I am a type A (borderline OCD:docdance: ) & planning is my life!!

That ~ & a keen attention to detail. I also have my "Alaska" folder ready to go - with all our documents - including e-mails from the shore excursion folks.

Now I just need to wait 1 year so we can go!!HappyHappyJoyJoy

Linda
Back to top Go down
http://www.wildetravel.com

Pre Cruise Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Cruise Anxiety   Pre Cruise Anxiety Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 5:57 pm

Linda,

I'd say you're pathetic, but then I'd be calling myself, friends and family all pathetic too. Wink
Back to top Go down
Wildewoman
Host
Host
Wildewoman

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Pre Cruise Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Cruise Anxiety   Pre Cruise Anxiety Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 6:06 pm

Yeah, it's a gift & a curse!! My over/excessive planning has actually saved other peoples vacation - I carry just about everything with me - from Tums to dental floss; band aids to eye glass repair kits!!

Believe it or not - I am a very easy going traveler - I don't get fussy when things don't go just exactly as planned. Like late flights or something that has to be cancelled due to acts of God!!Shocked

BUT ~ If I have booked something with you - paid & have the confirmation - you can bet your booty I am going to be on that boat. FlamingMad

Linda
Back to top Go down
http://www.wildetravel.com
Sponsored content

Pre Cruise Anxiety Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Cruise Anxiety   Pre Cruise Anxiety Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pre Cruise Anxiety
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Travel Agent Topics :: Ask A Travel Agent-
Jump to: