Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+13
VegasSpunk
TwitchOR
GrmyCRS
Cruising Fool
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
cruiseforme
cruisenfever
Linda in KY
Murphy
frudutx
jillybabes
barbeeAL
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 12:55 am

Cool, will see you there.

Last edited by on Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 12:58 am

I have never sailed on NCL so think it will be interesting to see what their ships are like. I have hear so things that were not kind. Service and so forth.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 1:20 am

So have I, so I'm really interested to have a peek inside!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 7:23 am

Morning SPBs! Couldn't sleep. Too many "lists" running around in my head! Have a great day everyone!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 8:31 am

Ginny.........look at magellans.com to see what packing cubes are........I used to use them but find I have better luck with the 'space bags'....ya know, roll out the air kind....I put things that wrinkle easily in the suitbag and everything else in space bags.......also makes it easier for tsa not to lose clothes...

I got to LV last year and couldn't wear one outfit cuz tsa had lost the white tank I needed to go with it..so now everything in bags.......
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 8:48 am

What's everyone doing in Astoria...

We were booked on the Seafood cooking school thingy, but cancelled it based on Jean's recommendation. I'm not overly concerned about not having something planned, but thought if someone had a good idea of what to do there, I'd check it out...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 10:07 am

Godd Morning SPB's and HSPB's A hot one today in Delaware and Tropical Storm Gabrielle is now a possibility for us so we are going to get all the yard work done today and outdoor stuff put away so we don't have to hustle early in the week and end up with a mess if the winds and rain do hit here. I'll be sure to give you all a CCC- like expanded report. Shocked

Susan, we haven't booked anything in Astoria so we're open to suggestions too.

We use packing cubes and packing envelopes (On Patti's recommendation) You can easily fold 12 shirts into one envelope and it's very compact. We also use space bags for undies and pj's and anything else that can take a crush.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 10:41 am

Dramaqueen wrote:
Godd Morning SPB's and HSPB's A hot one today in Delaware and Tropical Storm Gabrielle is now a possibility for us so we are going to get all the yard work done today and outdoor stuff put away so we don't have to hustle early in the week and end up with a mess if the winds and rain do hit here. I'll be sure to give you all a CCC- like expanded report. Shocked

Be careful out there! And be sure to let us know when you let the parrot out of the basement! tongue
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 10:50 am

Morning everyone!

Got home about 10:00 last night and the party was already over!No

Woke up early this morning with leg cramps. Though my back is feeling much better! I have one more chiropractor appt on Tuesday and an Orthapedic appt on Monday, then I should be good to go!

The shopping trip last night was a success! Hubby found shoes and some clothes and didn't even complain! So we went to Black Angus for dinner for a treat afterwards!Smile

Thanks for the reminder about the extra large ziplock bags, I bought them and almost forgot!

My new camera came yesterday day, and I was trying to set it up and put it on the charging dock, and couldn't get it to work, so took it back to Best Buy and the Geek Squad helped me figure it out. Turns out the battery that came with the camera is not rechargable, thus won't work on charging dock! Duh! So had to buy a special rechargable camera battery, that cost $40, that was a shock! Geek Squad did give me $15 off though.

Off to get nails done and grocery shop today, have to stock the cupboards before we go for two hungry teenagers!

Have a good day!

Jen
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 10:52 am

Murphy wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:

Be careful out there! And be sure to let us know when you let the parrot out of the basement! tongue

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 10:54 am

We haven't planned anything for Astoria either, thought we might want to just lay low and relax by that point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 10:59 am

frudutx wrote:

PH8: what high school?

d
Cumberland Valley...its in Mechanisburg(ville?)...

Now to catch up with about 20 pages or so it seems since I last read..
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 11:00 am

Good monrning SPB's............it's a very dreary and rainy day here in our neighborhood....hope it's better in yours.

Jean#1, thanks for sending Cincy-David over here (hope he stops by and says hello). Much easier to talk here than over at the other place. So, you know Cincy-David also. Man, this guy is popular and it seems with the ladies. Very Happy Watch our Capt. Rune......you've got competition. j/k

Packing cubes/folders are wonderful for keeping clothes organized and practically wrinkle free. The zip lock bags/space bags are good for things that can be crushed and nobody sees. You can go to www.magellans.com or www.travelsmith.com to see them. Any luggage retailer also sells them. I won't leave home without them.

Nothing planned for Astoria either. Have been there before and we just love to walk around the town.

Our planned activities are Duck Tour at noon in Ketchikan; White Pass Railway Train in Skagway and the Member's Mendenhall outing in Juneau. In SF we are doing the Alcatraz tour at 9:30, then a bunch of Polar Bear NUTS are meeting 2 CocoNUTS at 4:30 at Pier 39 for dinner. Other than that, we are on our own.

Have a great day..........check back later. CCC must be sleeping in this morning or had a heck of a workout last night! Laughing
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 11:05 am

Good morning all........off today to battle with Pearle Vision.....hopefully will all go well......I don't want to be screwed out of $400.......time will tell.....

Have a GREAT day y'all.........

Rainy stormy here......

Sheila......DON"T send the trop stm this way please!! We've had enuff rain
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 11:11 am

Jul- Did you get the flyer I sent you?
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 11:12 am

Yup Jen I did and haven't had a chance to check it all out yet.........

It sounds awesome.....i have to check what airfare at that point would be also.....sgf to lax is not a great rate but will search for some deals....

thanks!!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 11:14 am

We're doing the Duck tour also in Ketchikan, but don't remember what time?

Also doing the Salmon Bake in Juneau, the train/bus tour in Skagway, Silver bay cruise in Sitka, nothing for ISP, Astoria, Seattle, SF, just gonna see what we can see!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 11:15 am

Ok.........to sum up what I read..............it was Happy Hour on here last night Drinks ..............whatta party I missed...

I also use those packing envelopes..........I had read about them on CC (guess it was your post Patti).....went out and bought several (found them at an outdoors sporting good place here in town).......

Less than a week to go for ya'll!!WooHoo
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 11:17 am

cruiseforme wrote:
Yup Jen I did and haven't had a chance to check it all out yet.........

It sounds awesome.....i have to check what airfare at that point would be also.....sgf to lax is not a great rate but will search for some deals....

thanks!!

Jul- Some people also do a B2B on Monarch to get a 7 day cruise in, the rates for the 4 day are sometimes cheaper than the 3 day! Or you could tack on a couple of days in Southern CA too. Sort of make flying out worth it???
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 11:18 am

Okay, off to the showers, and get my day started!

Take care!

Jen
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 11:19 am

Thank you all for your answers about computer, packing cubes, etc. Willl check out the sites.

I think it is Jill but not sure that posted about cruising with masterbaker Ginny and ??(forgot husbands name) I met them in Jan 03 on a Princess Cruise with Cruise@ddicts group. They are both very nice. How fun to read their names. It has been a long time since I have communicated with them. (years)

Well it looks like we are on the mend with people getting out of the hospital (Jerry) and packed for this cruise. Jen glad you are improving, however those leg cramps are not fun.

Jean#1 posted that Carmen is wagging her tail and eating well so that is great also. So................ lets just keep it this way and no more accidents, illness or what ever will interfere with this Cruise. Smile

Hope everyone has a Awesome day Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 11:23 am

Murphy wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:

roflmao roflmao

No parrott no basement but I'll make something up. BlahBlahBlah
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 11:24 am

Good Morning SPB & HSPB's...We have nothing planned for Astoria either, just thought we would do a little exploring on our own...
Patti: We are doing the White Pass Railway in Skagway at 7:15 AM (thru RCCL) is that the one you are on???
Our duck tour is @ 1:00 after our morning Lumberjack show @ 9:00!

Jul: Good luck with Pearle today...

I asked this question on the other board, but will ask here too...For you seasoned airline travellers: Do you put your meds that are in the original containers in a zip lock baggie or is a non see through case okay...

Doing Laundry...be back Later, Jill Cool
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 11:26 am

Jill, I replied to the other thread, but here's the TSA link to the regulations:

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/specialneeds/editorial_1059.shtm
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 11:29 am

Murphy wrote:
Jill, I replied to the other thread, but here's the TSA link to the regulations:

[url=http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/specialneeds/editorial_1059.shtm
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/specialneeds/editorial_1059.shtm[/quote[/url]]

Thank you Susan...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next