Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+19
ckrobyn
cruiseforme
critterchick
TwitchOR
frudutx
VegasSpunk
GrmyCRS
grizzlybear
wjterry
westcoastvecs
Exairgoddess1
cruisenfever
Linda in KY
happy2fly
vlscruiser
jillybabes
barbeeAL
JJ2sail
Murphy
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 8:36 pm

How does this D/D+ excursion thing work any how? Do they just give you excursion tickets like a regular excursion? If so, couldn't you accept the ticket and then give it to a deserving "gold" member if you couldn't use it? Do they match up your seapass card to make sure it says "diamond"? Would they automatically cancel another excursion you had booked if it was in conflict with the D/D+ offering? Just thinking out loud...
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 8:38 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
cruiseforme wrote:
She's 'sick free'........then what's all the whining about????????
She wants attention!! You are all interested in her now because she is ill and you are asking her questions. She feels loved!! BlahBlahBlah

That's what I think too! I think it hurts her more if no one responds to her than if you criticize her. :homer: duh
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 8:51 pm

Murphy wrote:
How does this D/D+ excursion thing work any how? Do they just give you excursion tickets like a regular excursion? If so, couldn't you accept the ticket and then give it to a deserving "gold" member if you couldn't use it? Do they match up your seapass card to make sure it says "diamond"? Would they automatically cancel another excursion you had booked if it was in conflict with the D/D+ offering? Just thinking out loud...
That's a good question. I know the gal that called us said that everything would be waiting in our cabin when we arrive. I don't see why you couldn't give it to somebody else......I mean it is paid for.

They won't cancel any excursions that you have booked.......you have to do that.

And yes, ignoring her will make her more upset than responding to her posts.
Back to top Go down
Linda in KY
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 9:00 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Murphy wrote:
That's a good question. I know the gal that called us said that everything would be waiting in our cabin when we arrive. I don't see why you couldn't give it to somebody else......I mean it is paid for.

Do the tickets have your names on them? Has anyone ever tried this a 'gotten away with it' on another cruise? If so, then some of us lowly gold members could hobnob with the "snobby" d/d+ people! Wouldn't that get CCCs goat!ThumpsUp
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 9:08 pm

Murphy wrote:
OK, I have Island Wings excursion on hold for the next 24 hours. That should give me enough time to figure this all out and read all the posts on both boards to see what else I missed!

Jean, if you stick with Taku, we'll do it with you since Island Wings won't do the Glacier portion unless they have 4 people. But if you want to do the D+ salmon bake, we'll cancel Taku too.

Then we'll take the D+ salmon bake and confirm Island Wings floatplane in Ketchikan... then I have to cancel our Duck tour... YIKES, why couldn't they pick an excursion in Astoria or Seattle for pete's sake??? Arg I don't have anything important booked there! Razz

I'm still waiting for the call, but I'll have to consult with my other half to see what he wants to do. I confess that going to a salmon bake with 400 of my closest friends doesn't appeal as much as the lodge concept. Bob just said to stick with the Taku Lodge excursion, so that's what we'll be doing.

Are they just going to tell people to line up at 10:00 and eventually a bus will get to them? You'd be in line for an awfully long time if you're at the end of it!

Island Wings is fantastic, so if you can afford to do both, I'd stick with that. We flew with Michelle in 2005 and found her to be a steady and interesting pilot. And the glacier lake landing was astounding!

The big fear of course is that the weather won't cooperate and the flightseeing tours will be grounded. Then we wouldn't have anything scheduled in Juneau. What to do, what to do.

I'm loving the responses to CCC! Either she's sick or she's not (physically - mentally there's no doubt)! I'm trying to pretend that she's not there.

Last edited by on Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 9:13 pm

Jean, the gal told me that the buses would start departing at 10:00 and then every fifteen minutes after that. I am assuming that after one bus is loaded it will take off and then the next bus will load and so on.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 9:14 pm

Linda in KY wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
Murphy wrote:

Do the tickets have your names on them? Has anyone ever tried this a 'gotten away with it' on another cruise? If so, then some of us lowly gold members could hobnob with the "snobby" d/d+ people! Wouldn't that get CCCs goat!ThumpsUp
Don't know Linda if our names will be on them or not. I would think not.....but then I've been wrong before.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 9:22 pm

critterchick wrote:

I'm still waiting for the call, but I'll have to consult with my other half to see what he wants to do. I confess that going to a salmon bake with 400 of my closest friends doesn't appeal as much as the lodge concept. My TA just loved the Taku Lodge trip, too, so I'm leaning toward staying with that.

Island Wings is fantastic, so if you can afford to do both, I'd stick with that. We flew with Michelle in 2005 and found her to be a steady and interesting pilot. And the glacier lake landing was astounding!

The big fear of course is that the weather won't cooperate and the flightseeing tours will be grounded. Then we wouldn't have anything scheduled in Juneau. What to do, what to do.

Well, I don't think we can swing Taku and Island Wings this trip... I'm really torn. I love that we fly over the glacier fields on the way to Taku and everything I've read about it is fabulous. But a "freebie" is a "freebie" and we wanted to go to Mendenhall anyway...

I guess I could have worse problems to think about... like whether or not I needed a cat scan for my pneumonia that I don't really have because I go running every day. affraid

I'm going to tell C & A that I'll take the tickets when they call though, even if I haven't made up my mind. I mean, someone should use them right? Is that really bad of me??
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 9:32 pm

Bob says to take the Taku Lodge trip. So I think we'll stick with it. But we may take the excursion tix as a Plan B.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 9:46 pm

critterchick wrote:
Bob says to take the Taku Lodge trip. So I think we'll stick with it.
OK... I'm still thinking about it... what to do, what to do.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 9:46 pm

Murphy wrote:
critterchick wrote:

I'm still waiting for the call, but I'll have to consult with my other half to see what he wants to do. I confess that going to a salmon bake with 400 of my closest friends doesn't appeal as much as the lodge concept. My TA just loved the Taku Lodge trip, too, so I'm leaning toward staying with that.

Well, I don't think we can swing Taku and Island Wings this trip... I'm really torn. I love that we fly over the glacier fields on the way to Taku and everything I've read about it is fabulous. But a "freebie" is a "freebie" and we wanted to go to Mendenhall anyway...

I guess I could have worse problems to think about... like whether or not I needed a cat scan for my pneumonia that I don't really have because I go running every day. affraid

I'm going to tell C & A that I'll take the tickets when they call though, even if I haven't made up my mind. I mean, someone should use them right? Is that really bad of me??
That would be most generous of you and Susan if you decided to do that. ThumpsUp
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 9:51 pm

Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 9:51 pm

Whoa!!! I had to read 6 pages to ketchup!

Jen - We are platinum, so no FREE excursion for either (will be diamond after Alaska on Martha's coat-tails lol). We have more RCI cruise credits than CCC and you probably do too. Like you, we are earning it the "hard" way.

Jean - We have TimeToFeedTheCat TimeToFeedTheCat TimeToFeedTheCat TimeToFeedTheCat if one of yours needs backup. LittleDevil

Totally agree that ignoring her is the best thing...she loves any attention she gets...negative or otherwise, although I don't ever remember anyone posting anything "otherwise".

Whatever you all decide about the private party, we're game! WooHoo

Hope we get LOTS of PLEATHER FRAMES!!!!! roflmao Anything they give will be appreciated. They don't *have* to give us nuttin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 10:07 pm

PHEW!!!! Finally I got to the end of the posts I missed. 4 hours of work and 6 pages to ketchup.Shocked

Well, Lots of news. We don't have anything booked for Juneau so we'll take the freebie when it's offered. No call to us yet I just checked my caller ID to make sure, so I guess tomorrow will be it for us. It could be a big day for us. We could get Docs and THE phone call. Yay

Now, what's this about CCC being sick? I must run over to the Roll Call and read all about it.Violin

BTW Patti, what happened to your picture in your sigi?

Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 10:17 pm

Hi everyone! I'm home, and have fed everyone, and sent them on their merry way, DH and one son to scouts, and one son off to college class.

My sister, says that if CCC has something on her lung xray, we should ask her to get a TB test! Because that is contagious!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 10:38 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
PHEW!!!! Finally I got to the end of the posts I missed. 4 hours of work and 6 pages to ketchup.Shocked

Well, Lots of news. We don't have anything booked for Juneau so we'll take the freebie when it's offered. No call to us yet I just checked my caller ID to make sure, so I guess tomorrow will be it for us. It could be a big day for us. We could get Docs and THE phone call. Yay

Now, what's this about CCC being sick? I must run over to the Roll Call and read all about it.Violin

BTW Patti, what happened to your picture in your sigi?

What picture in what signature? All my banners are in my signature on CC and I didn't have any pictures here.

-------
Suite à un grand nombre de réponses, ce sujet a été automatiquement divisé. Vous pouvez retrouver la suite de ce sujet ici :
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=312
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 10:52 pm

Are yall OK? no posts for 2 days....
Back to top Go down
Larryc131

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 6:24 pm

I'm a friend of Murphy. I will enjoy this web site.

Thanks
Larryc131
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 6:47 pm

Larryc131 wrote:
I'm a friend of Murphy. I will enjoy this web site.

Thanks
Larryc131
Thanks Larry!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40