Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An Open Letter - PLEASE READ

Go down 
+4
Spock's Beard
NDDad
JJ2sail
PRTTravel
8 posters
AuthorMessage
PRTTravel
Travel Agent and Bi-Lingual Host

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-02-18

An Open Letter - PLEASE READ Empty
PostSubject: An Open Letter - PLEASE READ   An Open Letter - PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:44 am

I hate drama. HATE it. With twins, health issues, financial stresses and more, I don't need any more drama in my life. Truly.

When I was approached by Tina to be the Bilingual Board Host for Cruise Freeks, I was thrilled. I was a little hesitant, because the demands of my "real" life wouldn't allow me to have much time for "virtual" fun. But, I agreed. And I was excited. I dove in feet-first. That was at the end of February.

On March 6, I was admitted to Brookhaven Hospital. I still posted with Cruise Freeks and even started a group cruise for one of the members. Furthermore, I landed two celebrities to make appearances on the cruise. Tina told me that she would pay for them, not to worry about it. Oh, she also promised me that I would be on the QM2 sailing this summer. I was released from the hospital briefly on March 14, only to return that night. I was released for good on March 17. (I had my gall bladder removed, then had an infection from the surgery. Incidentally, I'm fine now.)

During my time with Cruise Freeks, I have been able to arrange several celebrity appearances on a variety of cruises. These celebrities include Hunter Gomez, Ashley Gomez, Austin Gomez, Mark Russell, Shaun Barker, Mark Russell and people from Dancing With the Stars. How do I have these connections? I used to be a professional actress. Check out my link on IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0176941/ I am also the Editor-in-Chief of Teen Trend Magazine, located at www.teentrendmagazine.com. I have cultivated my personal and professional relationships for YEARS.

Because of these relationships, I was able to set up some pretty fierce cruises, including one for Dancing with the Stars in 2011 and Hannah Montana this summer. Take a look: http://prttravel.tripod.com/sealebritycharitycruises/ And since these cruises are expected to generate a lot of bookings, I have been in close contact with several execs at Royal Caribbean. Tina knew all about the emails that I had with them, and who I was in touch with.

Yesterday, I was on the phone with one of these execs regarding the Hannah Montana cruise this summer. She informed me that she - among several other execs at Royal Caribbean - received an email from Tina, requesting $3.5 million. She forwarded me the email. I was stunned. When I confronted Tina about it, she told me that she had emailed them in a "fit of rage". Ummm.... You email executives at an international cruise line and ask for $3.5 million in a fit of rage????

She made me look like an idiot. She used my contacts to request an exorbitant amount of money from people that are helping me develop my business, as well as help me raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation - a legitimate charity. My credibility was challenged because of this woman.

However, I must say, the email blasts regarding Tina were entirely inappropriate. They should have gone to the travel agents, if anyone at all. The fact that these emails were sent to execs at many of the cruise lines - including Vicki Freed at Royal Caribbean - makes any travel agent that mentioned that they work with CFF lose credibility. I don't care if there is a disclaimer at the bottom or not; People see this crap in their email, and they can't be bothered reading the whole thing. What about the travel agents that got these execs onto the mailing list in the first place? The people that sent those emails didn't take into consideration future business for the travel agents beyond Cruise Freeks. True or not, it was inappropriate and unprofessional.

I was personally attacked on this board as well as through emails for "defending" Tina. People accused me of being one of her alter egos. Several clients cancelled their bookings with me, thinking I was in cahoots with Tina. For the record, I never defended her-- Just gave her the benefit of the doubt. I tried to bring decorum to the board, as I knew exactly who was monitoring it. This wasn't for Tina's sake... It was for the sake of the businesses of all of the travel agents involved. Especially mine.

I didn't have any financial ties to Tina or CFF. I didn't invest any money. Tina purchased an ad for the program book of the pageant that my twins are in this weekend, and paid for it in full. If you look at it from my perspective, I had no reason to doubt her. Deposits for my cruises aren't due for months. Frankly, I know that I am going to be able to market the heck out of these cruises and do very well with bookings. If you want to join any of them, you are more than welcome to. Just drop me an email at PRTTraveller@gmail.com.

The thing is, my credibility is worth more than $3.5 million. The relationships that I have are absolutely priceless - whether personal or professional. This may have been a step back, but I am spackling over the holes that Tina poked in my proverbial wall. I carried myself in a professional manner that I can be proud of.

In conclusion, it is sad to see this site go down the way it went down. It could have been a great resource to travel agents and clients alike... Not to mention the charities that could have benefited from the fundraising efforts. Best wishes to all of the travel agents and clients alike. And if you ever need anything, feel free to drop me a line.

Sincerely,
Candice Cain
Owner, PRT Travel
Back to top Go down
PRTTravel

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter - PLEASE READ   An Open Letter - PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:45 am

This is the email that Tina sent to the Royal Caribbean execs:

Tina Rinaldi
Cruise Freek Forums
http://www.cruisefreeks.com

Re: Partnership Proposal - Charities and Cruising

Dear Ms. Freed, Mr. Fain, Mr. Goldstein and Royal Caribbean Executives:
At this time I would like to introduce myself. My name is Tina Rinaldi and, I own Cruise Freek Forums. Cruise Freek Forums is a cruise message board with over 1400 members and our email list is now over 6,000 opt-in emails which we send out twice per month. We launched in 2007 and have grown mainly by word of mouth.
This email is to propose a partnership deal with Royal Caribbean. I am sure you find it both agreeable and profitable. Unfortunately, I am going to require a very fast answer so I am providing you with as many details as possible. My time is pressed due to health issues and, I am trying to set things up for this mission to continue. I am in stage 3 breast cancer and, have a grim prognoses. Therefore, an immediate response would be appreciated.
Charity Partners: The following non-profit organizations have used Cruise Freek Forums for fund raising purposes.
Food Bank for New York City (http://www.foodbanknyc.org/)
Matrix Parents (http://www.matrixparents.org/)
Susan G. Komen Foundation (http://ww5.komen.org/ )
Victory Junction (http://www.victoryjunction.org)
Operation Hope Floats (http://www.operationhopefloats.org)
How our charity program works:
Cruise Freeks has a large online community of people who all share the love of cruise vacations. When we organize a charity cruise for a non-profit organization we advertise the sailing heavily on our message board (http://www.cruisefreeks), create and market a dedicated website for the specific fund raiser including page that list our advertising sponsors which is either a link or a link with logo depending upon the advertising level purchased, we also send out email announcements which reach over 6,000 addresses from an opt-in list and Cruise Freeks promote the sailing via Google and Yahoo advertising online. In turn, the non-profit organization places a link on their website to the dedicated website for the sailing and also announces and promotes the fund raiser cruise in their respective newsletters. The non-profit organization has no other out of pocket expenses associated with a fund raiser cruise. On average we raise between $5000 - $10,000 or more for the non-profit organization.
ROYAL CARIBBEAN PARTNERSHIP
I am approaching you for advertising and thus, be an official sponsor on our charity cruises.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER:
Averaging 15 groups per year, many groups average 50 or more cabins.
Large venues such as Dancing with the Stars and Hannah Montana Cruises WITH celebrity guests please confirm with Cyndi Cobb that our travel agent Candice Cain has indeed have these large venue cruises in the works.
Positive exposure being associated with charity sailings
Experienced travel agents who have proven the capabilities to work with large groups.
Celebrity/Star Power - we are unique. When we are holding fund raising cruise, we almost always have a celebrity or well known personality on board. Celebrities generate interest, many have strong followings and this is opening a whole new group of consumers up to the cruising concept. Some celebrities such as Gary Hoey are becoming an annual event and developing it's own following and loyalty. Down the road, ship charters on behalf of our charity groups are a very real possibility. The benefit for the cruise line? Being able to tout that a certain celebrity has sailed on their cruise line. Even potential for that celebrity to become a spokesperson for the cruise line.
What Celebrities are working with Cruise Freeks and Operation Hope Floats - just to name a few:
The Gomez family
Mark Russell
Shaun Barker
Rue McClanahan
Martin Yan
Benefits of a Charity Cruise
Organizations raises needed funds with a unique and exciting event.
Participants enjoy a vacation and feel great about supporting a worthwhile cause
Press releases & advertising of the fund raising cruise can bring more community recognition to the organization
Friends & family tend to vacation together so you gain access to potential new cruisers who have disposable income and can assist you with future events
Other passengers see the group and ask questions and sometimes join the next sailing the non-profit group holds
Frequently Asked Questions
Q) Are there any out of pocket expenses for the charity?
A) No, but, we do request that the charity helps promote the cruise by providing a link on their website to the cruise and also by announcing it in their newsletter
Q) Can you arrange for a celebrity or guest speaker on the sailing?
A) Yes! However, additional fees may raise pricing due to expenses such as appearance fees and flight and cabin accommodations for the celebrity or guest speaker.
Q) Will there be special events for our specific group?
A) Yes! We can arrange private cocktail parties, silent auctions and other activities for your non-profit group - usually at no or very low additional cost.
Q) Can you help arrange pre-cruise hotel stays and transfers to the cruise terminal?
A) Yes! Our associated travel agents can easily handle hotel and transfer arrangements for your group

THE COST A ONE TIME FLAT FEE $3,500,000 US FOR 10 YEARS. This just $350,000 per year. This is less than just one 30 second television commercial in prime time. And, we are giving your cruise line guaranteed business, bringing positive attention, and returning your investment through passenger bookings and on-board purchases from shore tours to alcohol. And we will guarantee a minimum of 5 sailings on Royal Caribbean for the next 10 years.
I am presenting this offer to all cruise lines without exclusive rights. If you want exclusive rights it will go up to $10,000,000 for a ten year contract.
Numbers don't lie:
Our average cruise is $3000 for 2 people
$3,000 x 50 Cabin = $150,000 per sailing
$150,000 per sailing x 5 sailings on Royal Caribbean per year = $750,000 year
$750,000 year x 10 year contract = $7,500,000
That's a $4,000,000 profit without the extras such as shore tours, alcohol, etc purchased.

That is the offer, count-offers within reason will be considered. A lot of time and efforts are put into each one of these cruises. I know what we can do for you. I know how we can help improve your imagine and keep positive press on you. This offer expires on Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 6pm Eastern time.
If you would like to proceed please respond immediately and, contracts will be drawn. Payment is due at the time contracts are signed.
Thank you for your time.
Tina Rinaldi, Owner
Cruise Freek Forums
http://www.cruisefreeks.com
Email: admin@cruisefreakforums.com
Back to top Go down
PRTTravel

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter - PLEASE READ   An Open Letter - PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:46 am

This is the email that I sent to Tina when I found out:

Hi, Tina-

I've been thinking a lot since I got off the phone with Cynthia Cobb this afternoon. It is now nearly 1am. Instead of being asleep, I'm thinking about you and today's events.

I understand the part about you being angry because of all of the accusations and such going on with Cruise Freeks. I get it. I really do. I'm a hot-headed Italian myself. However, to write an email in what you called "a fit of rage" to execs at Royal Caribbean asking for $3.5 million for a 10 year advertising is absolutely ludicrous. Furthermore, you made me look like an idiot and really challenged my credibility since I am the person that referred these people at Royal Caribbean to Cruise Freeks in the first place. Not only did you ask for an outrageous amount of money, you put pressure on them to respond to you within 2 days. TWO DAYS! That is the most assinine thing I have ever heard in my life. Not only is it ridiculous, it is absolutely unprofessional. You didn't even provide a media kit of any sort.

PLUS, three of the five celebrities that you named in your email also came from me and the connections that I maintained. Why would you do that? You don't even have signed contracts with these people for their appearances. At least, not the people that I got for you. I just don't understand why you did this. ESPECIALLY to me-- someone who has never given you any grief, never talked about you behind your back, and has only been a true support to you. I don't get it.

I could care less what the people are saying on the board or in emails. I told you before that you were good in my book as long as you came through on your promises. But to go behind my back and approach people that I brought to the table without even mentioning it to me??? I was completely blindsided when Cyndi told me what you sent to her. And then she received warning emails that you are a fraud.

Cyndi bent over backwards to get me the space on the Explorer for the Dancing with the Stars cruise. You know what I went through to get that space. You know exactly what Cyndi did to help me. I am absolutely flabberghasted that you would even contemplate approaching executives at Royal Caribbean to give you $3.5 million without any discussions and a "Take it or leave it" attitude. You could have destroyed the relationship that I built with these people.

Make no mistake, Tina. This has absolutely nothing to do with rumors, gossip, etc. I could care less. This is about what you did to me. how you made me appear to my business contacts. How you challenged my credibility.

I don't want the board, Tina. I don't want anything to do with it or with you. You're too damaging.

Candice
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: I will not remain silent any longer!   An Open Letter - PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:00 pm

Tina,

How dare you send a letter to Royal Caribbean with Matrix on it! I am so pissed right now, I can barely speak! I tried to give you my support and the benefit of everyone's doubt. I have no idea why you are doing this to all of us, but I want it to stop NOW!!!!!

Why you would hold contests and say that you were wealthy and could give everyone all of this, when you had nothing, I have no idea! I brought my company, my family and my friends to Cruise Freeks, because I had faith in you! When you couldn't deliver on your promises, you should have been honest with everyone, and stopped the contests, and not made up more lies! You should have been honest! We would have all been disappointed, but would have also understood. Because that is who we are! We support each other when things don't go as planned. But no you had to keep making up lie after lie after lie.

I am stating right now, that Matrix Parents does not have any contract or affiliation with Cruise Freek Forums or Tina Rinaldi!

Do not remove this post!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter - PLEASE READ   An Open Letter - PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:17 pm

I think that it is all very very sad. I too gave Tina the benefit of the doubt. HOw could you keep having contest knowing you didn't have the money to pay for them. I will pray for you that you get the help that you need.
Back to top Go down
NDDad
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
NDDad

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter - PLEASE READ   An Open Letter - PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 1:46 pm

i think we all had faith in Tina Its too bad she just cant say"sorry things didnt go the way I anticipated" I think then we all wouldn t feel like we were scammed so much!!!
Back to top Go down
Spock's Beard
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Spock's Beard

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter - PLEASE READ   An Open Letter - PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:23 pm

OK gals and guys with a passion about cruising.

Pick up your blocks and come over to www.cruisetraveltalk.com

We are cruisers that like to talk about cruising. No advertising, you can talk about what you like, and best of all, NO FRUBALS!

Come on over!
Back to top Go down
cmgm1126
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter - PLEASE READ   An Open Letter - PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:20 pm

THANKS BUT NO THANKS - WE HAVE FOUND A HOME AND WE WILL STAY THERE.
Back to top Go down
ILuvCruising
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter - PLEASE READ   An Open Letter - PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 3:50 am

I just looked at that cruisetraveltalk and it doesn't to seem to have much to it. I don't want to begin at the beginning again at something that's too small. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter - PLEASE READ   An Open Letter - PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 7:03 am

Spock's Beard wrote:
OK gals and guys with a passion about cruising.

Pick up your blocks and come over to www.cruisetraveltalk.com

We are cruisers that like to talk about cruising. No advertising, you can talk about what you like, and best of all, NO FRUBALS!

Come on over!

Whats wrong with frubals?? I kinda liked CLF site where there were more people.
Back to top Go down
Beagle Jean
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter - PLEASE READ   An Open Letter - PLEASE READ Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:00 am

The folks that "outted" Tina started a new board called Cruising Nation. Please go over and help them make it successful. Thanks.

http://www.cruisingnation.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter - PLEASE READ   An Open Letter - PLEASE READ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Open Letter - PLEASE READ
Page 1 of 1