Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Enchantment of the Seas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Enchantment of the Seas Empty
PostSubject: Enchantment of the Seas   Enchantment of the Seas Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:05 pm

anybody been on this ship lately? i know it's not like the freedom class ship for kids but i'm wondering if it's that bad. it would fit into my plans much better leaving from baltimore than trying to get my niece from virginia to florida and back. from the mind of a 9-10 year old tell me if they would love this ship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enchantment of the Seas   Enchantment of the Seas Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 11:27 pm

It will depend on the child, but my children enjoy the smaller RCCL ships. The Enchantment does have a rock climbing wall and they do have the areas for the kids. We sailed on the Majesty when my boys were 8 and 10 and they had a blast.

Vickie
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Enchantment of the Seas   Enchantment of the Seas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 12:21 am

Pat...our very first cruise was ENCHANTMENT...and it is still...after 6 cruises...OUR FAVORITE.

The ship was stretched since we sailed...so it's been awhile. We absolutely loved that ship, and our experience on it.
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Enchantment of the Seas   Enchantment of the Seas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 6:51 am

yeah but pete - as a child would you like it?
Back to top Go down
mpg1226
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
mpg1226

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Enchantment of the Seas   Enchantment of the Seas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:00 am

The Enchantment has been redone about 2 years ago to include some new cabins, they expanded the pool area for kids (including a kids splash pool) and added bungee jumping trampolines for kids and adults.

No, it doesn't have the ice skating or the shopping promenade and some fo the bells and whistles that the Freedom class does but the ship would be great for kids of all ages. It has the kids pool area, main pool and a sports pool (plus the covered adults only solarium pool). Royal Caribbean's kids club, in my opinion, is one of the best and I think your niece would love the ship.

Glad they are brining the Enchantment up to replace the Grandeur. Bit larger but the renovations will really make it a hit in the Baltimore region. Please let me know if I can help.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvacationlady.com
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Enchantment of the Seas   Enchantment of the Seas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 11:07 am

As a child...my vacations were sleeping in a tent on the ground.
Yea...I'd like it!
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Enchantment of the Seas   Enchantment of the Seas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 11:21 am

mpg1226 wrote:
The Enchantment has been redone about 2 years ago to include some new cabins, they expanded the pool area for kids (including a kids splash pool) and added bungee jumping trampolines for kids and adults.

No, it doesn't have the ice skating or the shopping promenade and some fo the bells and whistles that the Freedom class does but the ship would be great for kids of all ages. It has the kids pool area, main pool and a sports pool (plus the covered adults only solarium pool). Royal Caribbean's kids club, in my opinion, is one of the best and I think your niece would love the ship.

Glad they are brining the Enchantment up to replace the Grandeur. Bit larger but the renovations will really make it a hit in the Baltimore region. Please let me know if I can help.

Actually, the "stretch" was in 2005. They also added a Chops, which won't impress the kids, but us adults enjoy it! I love the Enchantment myself. It doesn't not have all the bells and whistles of the Voyager/Freedom class ships, but as Pete says, it beats the heck out of sleeping on the ground!..
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Enchantment of the Seas   Enchantment of the Seas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 11:23 am

I like those smaller ships anyway...not that it's small anyway...I thought it was great.
Kids love things to do...and I'm sure they'd keep busy.
Back to top Go down
mpg1226
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
mpg1226

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Enchantment of the Seas   Enchantment of the Seas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 12:03 pm

Was it really in stretched in 2005???
Boy time really flies. My mother always said that once you hit 16, life just flies by. Well, it's been flying.

I still think the Enchantment would be a great choice for a family cruise and I'm glad that they are moving it up to Baltimore!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvacationlady.com

PostSubject: Re: Enchantment of the Seas   Enchantment of the Seas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 12:15 pm

i read somewhere it was 2005 that it was stretched. i might just change to that - it would make my plans so much easier and you're right when her vacations have been me taking her to busch gardens for a day or her mom taking her to nj to visit every other year then i guess the enchantment beats it all hands down. thanks everybody.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Enchantment of the Seas   Enchantment of the Seas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 12:15 pm

Yep! We sailed her right after the stretch on the repostioning cruise from Quebec to FLL. I loved the little portholes they put in the floor of the pool bar that was cantilevered out so you could look down in the water!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enchantment of the Seas   Enchantment of the Seas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enchantment of the Seas
Page 1 of 1