Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crown & Anchor Society Changes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Crown & Anchor Society Changes Empty
PostSubject: Crown & Anchor Society Changes   Crown & Anchor Society Changes Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:29 pm

I wanted to pass along this info from an e-mail I received today from Royal Caribbean regarding changes to the C&A program:

Crown & Anchor Society Changes Spacer
Crown & Anchor Society Changes Spacer
Starting July 1st there will be some changes to our Crown & Anchor® Society benefits based on member feedback and our recent enhancements. Crown & Anchor® Society members will continue to receive their most valued benefits such as discounts on cruises, savings certificates and priority embarkation and debarkation. Our Platinum and Diamond members also will continue to receive discounts on suite category staterooms including the recently introduced upgraded services and amenities for suite guests.

Keeping your feedback and cruise experience in mind, some of the changes that will occur include:

• A new Ultimate Value Booklet with coupons for various onboard amenities.
  • An upgraded wine tasting event at a special price.
  • A new special event, hosted by our ship officers, for Diamond and above members to meet and mingle with other fellow members, and featuring complimentary wine, champagne and hors d'oeuvres.

Due to limited capacity, the Concierge Lounge has not been able to accommodate our growing membership, challenging our ability to provide the optimum experience for our guests. Therefore the Concierge Lounge will now be accessible to our suite and Diamond Plus guests only. Diamond Members cruising on Freedom class, Oasis of the SeasSM, and Allure of the SeasSM will continue to be able to experience exclusive access to a dedicated Diamond Lounge on these ships, which feature a complimentary 'happy hour' from 5:00-8:30pm daily.

The chart below outlines the new Crown & Anchor Society benefits, starting July 1st. You may also visit the Crown & Anchor benefits section of our website to view the updated list of benefits.

Thank you for your ongoing loyalty to Royal Caribbean International. We hope to see you onboard very soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crown & Anchor Society Changes   Crown & Anchor Society Changes Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 11:03 am

and all the naysayers were panicking thinking that C&A would change the levels (i.e. it would take more cruises to reach Diamond or Diamond Plus). Wink
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

PostSubject: Re: Crown & Anchor Society Changes   Crown & Anchor Society Changes Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 11:14 am

Ivanova wrote:
and all the naysayers were panicking thinking that C&A would change the levels (i.e. it would take more cruises to reach Diamond or Diamond Plus). Wink

Yes, I suppose it would be worse if they did that. However, I don't like that they are taking away CL access to Diamond level members. IMO, taking away this perk from their most loyal customers is not wise. It will not effect me as our next RCCL cruise is on Oasis. But if I was booked on a non-Freedom or Genesis class ship, I would be annoyed by this announcement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crown & Anchor Society Changes   Crown & Anchor Society Changes Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 11:19 am

If the CL is getting too crowded (leading Diamond & D+ members to complain about it), the only other option was to make it harder to become Diamond/D+ which probably would have annoyed folks a lot more.

And I'll be a putz here, Diamond Plus would be "their most loyal" customers - and they aren't taking any of the perks away from them. I do understand though that Diamond members do feel loyal and that they may feel slighted by this.

I'm not sure there would have been an answer to the problem that would have satisfied everyone....
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

PostSubject: Re: Crown & Anchor Society Changes   Crown & Anchor Society Changes Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 11:31 am

Yes Susan, you are correct, Diamond Plus are their most loyal customers, but having 10 cruises or credits under you belt is pretty darn loyal too IMO.

I have not heard people really complaining about overcrowding in the CL but they have, on occasion, opened a satellite lounge location if warranted which seems like an easy fix to me. Clearly, this decision was just a cost-cutting measure.

Of course, you can never satisfy everyone. As the ships get bigger, they are attracting more new and repeat cruisers and eventually more and more people will attain D/D+ status. If they want to limit the benefits or make it harder to attain the higher levels, Royal Caribbean should change the program guidelines for new members. Older members should be grandfathered and the benefits that were waved in front of their faces to encourage them to keep on cruising with RCCL should be honored.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crown & Anchor Society Changes   Crown & Anchor Society Changes Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 11:38 am

chrystine wrote:
Yes Susan, you are correct, Diamond Plus are their most loyal customers, but having 10 cruises or credits under you belt is pretty darn loyal too IMO.

I can't argue with that Wink
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Crown & Anchor Society Changes   Crown & Anchor Society Changes Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 11:45 am

I just made Diamond on my last cruise, Sad but I guess I won't miss what I never had right? I probably wouldn't go in the CL anyway if it was as crowded as they are saying. I guess we will get an extra cocktail party though right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crown & Anchor Society Changes   Crown & Anchor Society Changes Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 12:47 pm

they are slowly taking away any perks. i bought 100 shares of stock when it was in the 30's. it's now 8 and then as if that wasn't like a knife in my gut - they take away the shareholder perk if you have other obc. are you kidding me? now if you're not on freedom or higher you can't go into cl. come one. what inspires loyalty to them. and i have heard people saying the carnival food is better. i may give up on them after the independence next year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crown & Anchor Society Changes   Crown & Anchor Society Changes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crown & Anchor Society Changes
Page 1 of 1