Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+13
Exairgoddess1
JJ2sail
barbeeAL
jillybabes
cruisenfever
nancyk2sea
crzy4cruising
TwitchOR
cruiseforme
vlscruiser
Murphy
GrmyCRS
frudutx
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:15 pm

Yes, I'm not complaining. It IS a good price. Just don't know how to tell the 3rd person she is paying more than the other two. This is the friend and she and her husband cruised with us to the PC last year. We all booked this cruise last year. In January he had a massive heart attack and passed away. So, we cancelled out her cabin that she had with him and she moved in with my Sis & SIL. She'll just be excited to still be able to go, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:19 pm

Jen.......chiro was interestng.........maaan, the first big crack I almost jumped off the table.....by the second crack I asked him if I still had a neck!!! He said yea, do your fingers wiggle tho....I thought..UMMMMMMMM....he's got a good bedside manner tho with his humor.

So far so good......gotta go back in the am for another treatment and do homework tonight of putting cold on my neck.....he said there will be homework...ugggghhhhhh I HATE homework!!

If I was diligent about doing things I'd be a size 5!!!!

j
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:28 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
Hey There Kathy welcome home Very Happy Hope you had a great time!

Okay I decided to upgrade and I am now in a Grand Suite on the Mariner. HappyHappyJoyJoy

They had a senior rate and so............... in a moment of weakness I gave in to the desire for a suite.

Very Happy

Suite Enhancements (complete):
Royal Suite,Royal Family Suite, Presidential Family Suite,Owner’s Suite,Grand Suite
Oasis Class: Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suite, AquaTheater Suite&Crown Loft Suite

• Priority check-in
• Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service
• Complimentary luggage valet service
• Complimentary pressing service on formal night
• Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows (where available)
• VIP pool deck seating (Voyager and Freedom Class)
• Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining
• Mattel® board games available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids
• Priority tender tickets (where available)
• Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurant (Voyager and Freedom Class)
• Priority departure with exclusive suite departure lounge - includes continental breakfast
• Luxury spa bathrobes (for use onboard)
• Gold SeaPass® Card for recognition
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:31 pm

Jul--yeah that darn homework--spent a year doing physical therapy for my foot & arm--it $uck$, BUT it really is for your own good--don't hit me ok?

Wendy--that is wierd---I went and looked. actually the 799 is the price for 3/4 for everything Balcony & below. suites 3/4 is 849 or 899. since we don't do insides anymore, I never price them. We always split the total price by the number in the cabin, but that is wierd. yeah & I agree about the 2 you think that need to go. so far I have agreed. so who do you think will win?
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:35 pm

hey Patti, someon on my radiance alaska roll call quoted you today--your post about the only thing that rccl owes us when we book. I am not even venturing over to that thread. we actually had 2 people cancel the ta in nov because they are D & won't be able to do the CL. truthfully, I am not sure what I would do, but thankfully, for right now anyway, I am in the clear--with this one anyway
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:50 pm

Brenda, I'm not sure I could pick a winner just yet. There's so many left. But, there are some stand outs, that's for sure. Melissa has natural ability. Her arm movements are so ballet like, I think she has a good chance. The gymnast has a lot of ability also, but I'd just as soon someone older wins it.

My favorite professionals are Cheryl and Julianne. I won't mind seeing them stay for a long, long time. Tonight, Derek & Lil Kim's Argentinian Tango was absolutely beautiful. That was a real WOW! I vote online while I'm watching. Oh, and the cowboy is just as cute as can be. Not a bit of natural talent but he is working hard and I'd like to see him stay in for awhile.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:50 pm

Checking in--

Virginia--congrats on the suite, how nice for you and the extra things, great!!

Mar--thanks for the link for Tina, this is so sad, best wishes for her

Jul--good luck with the homework, do hope it helps

So much talk on the other side, think we would be just as upset if we were not D+ now, so glad that we made it
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 10:07 pm

hcleaner wrote:
Brenda, I'm not sure I could pick a winner just yet. There's so many left. But, there are some stand outs, that's for sure. Melissa has natural ability. Her arm movements are so ballet like, I think she has a good chance. The gymnast has a lot of ability also, but I'd just as soon someone older wins it.

My favorite professionals are Cheryl and Julianne. I won't mind seeing them stay for a long, long time. Tonight, Derek & Lil Kim's Argentinian Tango was absolutely beautiful. That was a real WOW! I vote online while I'm watching. Oh, and the cowboy is just as cute as can be. Not a bit of natural talent but he is working hard and I'd like to see him stay in for awhile.

good points. I thought Derek did a wonderful job of choreographying, especially after I saw the football & edita--they were not good tonight.. agree about ty--he is just soooooooooo cute.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 10:10 pm

Thank you all for the well wishes. I had forgot about the extra stuff, thanks Patti!!! I was just so excited to be in a real suite!!! Haven't told my grandson it is going to be a surprise. Not that he will understand how cool it is, just expect it every time.

Julie, hearing all the cracking and such is scary, it is important to let him know if you are uncomfortable with any part of the treatment. But I really do appreciate my Chiro Doctor, she is wonderful.

Okay ladies is there any extra people that I need to plan on tipping because of the cabin I will have?
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 10:18 pm

Ginny.........yup, he kept saying that if I'm not comfy to let him know....it all felt pretty good....just totally different..........not used to hearing cracking noises!! A little worried that tmrw I won't be able to relax knowing what's going to happen tho!! We'll see!!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 11:06 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
Thank you all for the well wishes. I had forgot about the extra stuff, thanks Patti!!! I was just so excited to be in a real suite!!! Haven't told my grandson it is going to be a surprise. Not that he will understand how cool it is, just expect it every time.

Julie, hearing all the cracking and such is scary, it is important to let him know if you are uncomfortable with any part of the treatment. But I really do appreciate my Chiro Doctor, she is wonderful.

Okay ladies is there any extra people that I need to plan on tipping because of the cabin I will have?
No, but the suggested tipping for your cabin attendant for your GS is $5.75pp per day.
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 11:35 pm

Welcome Back, Kathy...hope to hear all about it soon.

Virginia - WTG...Movin' on up!!!! You might be creating a monster with Alex in that suite. Wink

Such sad news about Tina..she's a strong lady, and will give it a good fight.

Jul - Makes me cringe to think about the cracking.

Nancy - Hope things work out well for Ken's aunt AND YOU AND KEN!

Susan - Very funny (at least from our vantage point)...hope Ray isn't in too much trouble.

Jen - We had our first experience with the CL on the Jewel last year. I'm not much of a drinker, but it did cut down on M's total bill.

Bren & Wendy - I'm always partial to Cheryl & Julianne...but love Derek...he can make any dancer look good. As for the outcome, I think the NAKED GUY is great. As far as I know, he hasn't had any prior experience dancing. Melissa has, and I think the gymnast has an edge too. (waiting for her to do some back flips LOL).

I think the DS has gone berserk!!!
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 11:39 pm

Thank you Patti, I knew that there was an increase but was not sure if there was a extra person to tip. Will redo my budget with the increase. Thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 11:45 pm

Hi Chris, it kind of went to my head and I jumped. I need an automatic brake. We are getting closer to Alaska............. HappyHappyJoyJoy
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:13 am

Can't wait, Virginia...but for tonight...I'm off to bed towatch DWS...will probably not make it through the whole show.

G'nite all!!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 2:02 am

Ginny, We also tipped the concierge, when we stayed in the RFS. But maybe you already do that as a Diamond member?
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 4:06 am

Virginia, congrats on the suite! You'll love the extra room!

Well, I know of one person who got a DP upgrade call on the cruise, and he has all of 26 credits. He's also the TA on my group booking, so he knows that I have 75. I am so steamed - I had called earlier today to ask, but I was boarding the plane and just couldn't focus on it. I think I'm going to pay to upgrade to the JS, even though it's just me. I like the extra space. It's absurdly extravagant, but I can't say that I care.

And actually today is a wash financially - I saw in the NY Times over the weekend that United Airlines will still refund or credit price drops. The other major US carriers (most of them) make you pay the change penalty, so it's often not worth it. UAL is going to start doing that in April, but today I saw a $175 difference in the fare on our Rome flights and they gave it to us a refund on the credit card - woo hoo! But I think I've just spent it on the DP upgrade, LOL.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 4:07 am

P.S. We also tip the Concierge - I think anybody who uses the CL is expected to (not that they do, sadly). Other than the increased cabin steward gratuity, there's no other person who gets tipped extra.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 4:24 am

Oh, Jul, was it you that tried to email Rachel and it bounced back to you? I sent one about an hour ago and it seems to have gone through...

An email to book Allure, eh? I didn't get THAT one, either! I'm having a midnight pity party, all by myself!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 9:02 am

Morning all, major storms last night or so the weather people say. I wouldn't know as I was dead to the world and slept through it all.

Sheila, storms in Lancaster wonder if any of my family was impacted guess I'll have to make some phone calls today.

I also received the Allure email, we need to get past Oasis before we worry about Allure. lol!

Need to get some "stuff" done today.

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:08 am

Morning All: Cloudy today and the rains should come later today..Rain is in the forecast for the week...

Ginny: Our friend Emmy & her DH Rick is on your Mariner cruise so please stop and say hi to her, she also upgraded to a GS from an aft D category....

DWTS: Both Steve's need to go NOW!!!

Cheryl, Giles, Derek, Lil Kim, Melissa & Tony were fantastic!!! Lawrence Taylor needs to get by this week (Edyta is one of my faves...)

Off to the grocery store this afternoon...L8R
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:17 am

critterchick wrote:
P.S. We also tip the Concierge - I think anybody who uses the CL is expected to (not that they do, sadly). Other than the increased cabin steward gratuity, there's no other person who gets tipped extra.
now there is even a place on the gratuity form for the concierge--our ta does pre-pd grats, so we don't have to do the form (not until Nov when we don't have pre-pd, but I ain't going there, it's too early )

jillybabes wrote:
Morning All: Cloudy today and the rains should come later today..Rain is in the forecast for the week...

Ginny: Our friend Emmy & her DH Rick is on your Mariner cruise so please stop and say hi to her, she also upgraded to a GS from an aft D category....

DWTS: Both Steve's need to go NOW!!!

Cheryl, Giles, Derek, Lil Kim, Melissa & Tony were fantastic!!! Lawrence Taylor needs to get by this week (Edyta is one of my faves...)

Off to the grocery store this afternoon...L8R

I haven't watched all of it--did see Giles & Cheryl--WOW WOW WOW--didn't see computer steve or melissa--have to go back to dvr

Jean---who did you pi$$ off that you don't get stuff Wink just kidding judt kidding.

have a good day all. off to add pictures to the new web-site I am doing for my next cruise. I am amazed at how easy it is to do on freeweb or something like thaat. WOW, but oh does it consume the time to set it up.

have a great day all
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:21 am

Morning--another cloudy and windy day here but the snow has melted.

Waiting to see if we get the email for the Alure

Working on some tours for our Radiance cruise, Ken would really like to do zip lining, I am a bit uneasy but thinking I can do it--

off to run errands--later
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:47 am

Morning all

Jean......ur not alone at the pity party.....we haven't received ANY of the emails either........

Dr at 10 then lots more freight to work on..........

Have a gr8 day y'all

j

Nancy.........DO the zipline....Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 11:22 am

Windy and supposed to rain all day here. The snow is gone! Warmer temps on the way.

I do get all the emails, got the Allure one. I'm with whoever said that we're waiting to see Oasis first and they're already hawking Allure.

I haven't read much over on the DS. I just get tired of the whining and griping and outrageous threats to quit cruising with RCCl. We are not alcohol drinkers so the CL isn't a huge factor in why we cruise.

Patti, is the Hampton Inn you use in San Diego the Downtown one? The one on Pacific Coast Highway? I need to be making our reservations for November and think that's where we'll stay.

I read that NCL is now making Pepsi their cola of choice over Coke. Boy, would my DH love it if RCCL did that. He is a big Pepsi fan, I'm fine with the watered down lemonade. Razz

Off to Wal-Mart and the cleaners.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 17 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next