Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+13
Exairgoddess1
JJ2sail
barbeeAL
jillybabes
cruisenfever
nancyk2sea
crzy4cruising
TwitchOR
cruiseforme
vlscruiser
Murphy
GrmyCRS
frudutx
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 3:01 pm

Jean, I just wear something that is lady like and on the darker side.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 3:07 pm

Jean sorry for your loss, sometimes friends are more difficult than family.

I usually try to wear something dark not always black though.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 3:21 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:
Is it bad to hope the Balconies on the Tuesday Sale for Radiance wont sell so maybe the up-grade fairy will visit here? Twisted Evil
Phone calls from the Upgrade Fairy for the April 12th cruise should be going out on Sunday, March 29.

So if you want an upgrade you can't go to church. lol!

Patti 2 friends already got D1 to GS. They were called the other night. We're still hopeful. We haven't been called for our amenity yet. We'll be in PA babysitting all weekend so I'll be checking my messages remotely very frequently.

Jean as to your attire. I think that anything goes any more but I usually try to be a bit subdued.

It's freezing here. It was 26 when I went out this morning. So where is Spring????? I think I'll go look out some shorts and things for Radiance. Maybe it'll make me feel warmer.
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 3:36 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:
Is it bad to hope the Balconies on the Tuesday Sale for Radiance wont sell so maybe the up-grade fairy will visit here? Twisted Evil
Phone calls from the Upgrade Fairy for the April 12th cruise should be going out on Sunday, March 29.

So if you want an upgrade you can't go to church. lol!

Patti 2 friends already got D1 to GS. They were called the other night. We're still hopeful. We haven't been called for our amenity yet. We'll be in PA babysitting all weekend so I'll be checking my messages remotely very frequently.

wow D1 to GS--whooooohooo. I think on my leg of the RAdiance, there are higher D=s thatn us, soooooooooooo Sad for us
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 3:44 pm

misseddie wrote:
We leave in 10 days. Have been very busy looking after Janet. Had an accident. Will be fine. Just glad it didn't happen in the last couple of weeks or the trip would be off. Will tell all when we see you. Nuff said for now.

Charie, so sorry to hear of Janet's accident. Please tell her that we are thinking of her and hope all is well before you leave.

Your description of her accident left us hanging...........it was either really serious, somewhat serious, possibly serious, not at all serious, she's a klutz or none of the above. Wink
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 4:01 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
misseddie wrote:
We leave in 10 days. Have been very busy looking after Janet. Had an accident. Will be fine. Just glad it didn't happen in the last couple of weeks or the trip would be off. Will tell all when we see you. Nuff said for now.

Charie, so sorry to hear of Janet's accident. Please tell her that we are thinking of her and hope all is well before you leave.

Your description of her accident left us hanging...........it was either really serious, somewhat serious, possibly serious, not at all serious, she's a klutz or none of the above. Wink

That's too funny Patti.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 4:01 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:

Hey that's terrific. Yay Do I need to change them on the roll call or is this for the April 12th cruise?
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 4:16 pm

Checking in--decided to do a bit of cleaning to surprise DD--Ken ran the vacuum and I did the other things--it does help them

Sheila--will keep our fingers crossed for you that the upgrade fairy calls

got to work on taxes this afternoon--later
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 4:30 pm

Charlie.........Hope that janet is ok.....and glad it wasn't more serious than it was (apparently anyhow!!! LOL)

I know i'm always a wreck for a couple weeks before traveling worrying about getting sick, hurt or anything...

Patti.......hope Jim's on the mend......after such a great surprise for you it would suck if either were sick!!!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 4:56 pm

Just put in my request with the D+ desk for our amenity. Took care of both cruises. The little gal was so thankful that I called, as they are really backed up. No word yet on the excursion being offered on the Member's cruise.

Jean, the young gal I talked with said that after 49 credits you get to pick 2 amenities and they can be different. So have to wait until our cruise on Jewel to enjoy that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 7:24 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
misseddie wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Charlie I hope Lady Janet is doing well.

cruisenfever wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:

Hey that's terrific. Yay Do I need to change them on the roll call or is this for the April 12th cruise?

Patti it was for the April 12th cruise and Sandy changed the Roll Call already. I wouldn't expect they'd be calling for the April 26th one yet.

nancyk2sea wrote:
Checking in--decided to do a bit of cleaning to surprise DD--Ken ran the vacuum and I did the other things--it does help them

Sheila--will keep our fingers crossed for you that the upgrade fairy calls

got to work on taxes this afternoon--later

You guys are such good doobies I know your DD will be so grateful. A reputation point to you.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Thanks, Sheila for the point. We are trying to help where we can, SIL really looked rough this am, he is so tired and swallowing is painful but dietician DD is watching the calorie intake to keep weight loss to a minimum

GOOD NEWS--our docs arrived today--always a good feeling
Back to top Go down
misseddie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
misseddie

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 7:58 pm

[quote="Dramaqueen"]
cruisenfever wrote:
It's freezing here. It was 26 when I went out this morning. So where is Spring????? I think I'll go look out some shorts and things for Radiance. Maybe it'll make me feel warmer.
Has to be over 5 degrees! We have buckets of frog spawn in the pond. bounce Laughing
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 8:24 pm

nancyk2sea wrote:
Thanks, Sheila for the point. We are trying to help where we can, SIL really looked rough this am, he is so tired and swallowing is painful but dietician DD is watching the calorie intake to keep weight loss to a minimum

GOOD NEWS--our docs arrived today--always a good feeling
bless his heart, I can't imagine going through that & continuing to teach--it's rough enough without the medical stuff.

are your docs e-docs or paper?

several on my ALaska RAdiance trip are also with y'all coming into SAn Diego and they have all gotten e-docs. 1 called RCCL & they said that they are going to that as their way to be green. I hate e-dcos, oops I like pre-printed luggage tags because I am LAZY
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 8:30 pm

Brenda--real Docs, we also like them a lot better--think they are pretty green based on how they have gotten so much smaller over the years
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 9:01 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:

Patti it was for the April 12th cruise and Sandy changed the Roll Call already. I wouldn't expect they'd be calling for the April 26th one yet.
Being upgraded to a GS on the April 26th cruise probably won't happen..........maybe to a balcony. That's what the gal told me today. There's only 1 available and they must have 2.

There's still 4 left for the April 12th cruise. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 9:34 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:

Being upgraded to a GS on the April 26th cruise probably won't happen..........maybe to a balcony. That's what the gal told me today. There's only 1 available and they must have 2.

There's still 4 left for the April 12th cruise. Very Happy

they have to keep 2? how does it work? I'm new at this D+ upgrade stuff
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:03 pm

Evening all....

I am off of work for the next two days, it's been really slow so I am playing hookie.

I got an email from Princess this am, that said URGENT! ABOUT YOUR BOOKING!
I freaked out, thought the cruise was canceled or that they took away our upgrade or something. But, all it said was the rules about checking in online and 90 min before departure bla bla bla, maybe they think we're newbies? But boy did it scare me!
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:18 pm

Evening Jen,

A message like that would have shook me up! Glad that it was just a reminder to get your information taken care of.

Should be a nice time and I am looking forward to your report on Holland America.
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:24 pm

Chatty PB's again...

Jean - Glad to hear MIL's surgery went well and hope she recovers quickly. Living in Vegas, we've seen just about everything for a funeral. This is a memorial service??? Probably don't have to wear dark colors, but as everyone stated, probably something a bit subdued.

Charlie - Sorry about Janet....hope whatever kind of accident it was that she's ok now. We know you are taking good care of her.

Jen - Wouldn't I just love to play hookie!!!!

I see M got a suspicious looking envelope today from RC...looks a lot like an invitation to dance...but I'll not break any federal laws and open her mail.

Patti - Poor LJ!!! Hope he feels better soon.

Wishing all of you hoping for upgrade gets that visit from the nice fairy.
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:26 pm

GrmyCRS wrote:
Chatty PB's again...

Jean - Glad to hear MIL's surgery went well and hope she recovers quickly. Living in Vegas, we've seen just about everything for a funeral. This is a memorial service??? Probably don't have to wear dark colors, but as everyone stated, probably something a bit subdued.

Charlie - Sorry about Janet....hope whatever kind of accident it was that she's ok now. We know you are taking good care of her.

Jen - Wouldn't I just love to play hookie!!!!

I see M got a suspicious looking envelope today from RC...looks a lot like an invitation to dance...but I'll not break any federal laws and open her mail.

Wishing all of you hoping for upgrade gets that visit from the nice fairy.

do let us know what was in the envelope!!!!! Question
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:32 pm

Evening Chris,

Just stopping by to say hello Smile
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:09 pm

Good evening to anybody who's still awake! For the memorial service I guess I'll go with my latest Chico's jacket - grey, white and black, sort of an Indian pattern. I'll wear black slacks and a black top under because that's what I always wear with that jacket. The weather forecast calls for rain & 50's, so perhaps I'll launder my Burberry raincoat that dates back to 1991. I haven't had a lot of use for it, living in CA for all but 3 of those years, LOL!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:10 pm

GrmyCRS wrote:

Hmmmm........suspicious looking envelope from RC. Maybe one of the executives was in Vegas and saw her going topless down the strip and wanted a ride. Laughing

Last edited by cruisenfever on Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:18 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
GrmyCRS wrote:

Hmmmm........suspicious looking envelope from RC. Maybe one of the executives was in Vegas and saw her going topless down the strip and want a ride. Laughing

lol! HappyHappyJoyJoy good one Patti
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 5 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next