Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Linda in KY
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 11:19 am

Morning, SPBs. I have been going over what to pack and have a question for you knowledgeable ladies. I had my 3 formal nights' outfits all lined up but then I went shopping What a Face . I found (and bought) a beautiful violet satin and lace formal. But the more I look at it, the more I wonder if I should bring it. It has a full sweep skirt complete with a net slip and lining. The bodice is lace as is the jacket. It will take up a lot more room to pack and will have to go out to be pressed but it looks really nice on me. Do you think I should go ahead and bring it or stick with my original packable knits? Is it more 'formal' than most people will be on this cruise? Question I can still take this dress back and save some $$. What do you think I should do?????????
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 11:23 am

Linda If it makes you feel wonderful and it sounds like it does, if there is room in your suitcase not putting you over the weight limit..... Enjoy yourself and bring it. Smile
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 12:09 pm

Today was her FREE catscan. And Ginny, you bring up a great point. Hope you expressed yourelf on the roll call.

BTW.....Ginny how long did you serve in the AF and when? God bless you for any time you gave to Uncle Sam.

Linda.......if you like it and feel comfortable in it, then bring it. I know you will look smashing. But I know what you mean about taking up space when packing it.......since you are only going to wear it one night.

I am not bring any dresses or gowns.............that is just not me. Dressy black slacks and fancy jackets. Now, I might bring the outfit that I wore for our son's wedding (paid enough for it). Problem is I have to bring those uncomforable shoes with it and I would only be wearing that pair of shoes once. As it is I am only bring two pairs of shoes for evenings.........a pair of black and a pair of navy blue.......neither of which will go with the dress.

Decisions, decisions...................
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 12:41 pm

Found this on the main boards under cruise heaven/cruise hell.
Quote :

A Heaven of a Week on a TA, followed by hell We did Brilliance TA (MIA_BCN) on 4/16 and after a great week at sea, which my husband bought for my BD present. He also bought the $30 BD Surprise which the wrap the door as the BD card telling all it is your BD. They decorate the inside of the stateroom by 10AM on your BD. He was sold an excursion for $78 which we will ride across the 4/25 bridge is Lisbon, Portugal so all get on the sold our bus & we ride down a street next to the ship & up another 2 blocks away over & over. Then the guide tells us IT IS A NATIONAL HOLIDAY EVERYTHING IS CLOSED.

So everyone on the bus is yelling why the excursion was booked, are they ripping us off. So we are taken back to the ship in under a hour & we get off, go to Explorations desk which is closed other than an hour in the morning, so the Purser has complaint forms for 150 folks to fill out & when we did we will hear from Explorations regarding the credit. Never did, got no credit.

And my BD Suprise went to someone else & husband is told he gets no credit since it was delivered. So I got to the Purser in tears that RCCL has totally spoiled my BD, very unprofessional. I then learn they do not have a Purser since he got offr in Miami with half the crew & performers. So everyone onboard is new & unknowledgeable. SO I should call Miami when we get home.

RCCL refuses any credit, so I had VISA charge them back $108.00 . VISA
agreed with me on what happened, and RCCL gave us the credit thru VISA.
More drivel on the same old subject. Can't she get over it???

Quote :

Chops restaurant takes care of the food offered in the CL, so I phone
down there to tell them to get a quart of milk for the machine. They
appreciated it & even gave us a bottle of champagne on my BD.
On other posts she reported that Portofino's supplied the food............have no idea what food she is talking about. Though on the Baltic's Jewel Member's cruise....they did have little finger sandwiches in the CL at lunch time. She thinks that every ship will have this in the CL now.

Last edited by on Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 12:42 pm

Good Late Morning SPB's: Just back from Lab test, follow up at Dr. Mon b4 we leave.

Linda: I agree about the dress, if you like it and it makes you feel good bring it...I too am only bringing pants/tops/twinsets instead of the usual formal dresses...

I am going over to the other side now and see what I have missed since yesterday....I'll be baaack Wink ...

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 PolarBearBanner1
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 12:47 pm

Quote :
I'm not going to point out who is doing it, but I have noticed a few
people who are taking swipes at others on here. It's not conducive to
an open friendly discussion.
Now you all have Ephraim p*ssed off. I'll bet she emailed him and told him that you all are picking on her. I think somebody needs to set him straight. He did the same thing on their Brilliance TA last April. Don't make him mad..........:x

I'm sorry, but he's one Royal A-hole in my book. CCC and Ephraim are like two peas in a pod.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 12:57 pm

Back from dr........tests were OK:**: ..
He explained more of what they did and now I understand a TON more.....still no driving for another week..ARRGGHHHH and very minimal work....another dr appt in two weeks just before the cruise....

Got a letter for alcatraz.....he frowned drastically when I asked about the stairs.....

Gotta get rested up (an hour out wore me down! but the stang ride felt good!)

dd arriving shortly.........YEA a companion...

Ginny....ur comments were RIGHT ON....

and yes, we'll play nice in the sandbox.......even if she pisses me off......
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 12:57 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Quote :
Now you all have Ephraim p*ssed off. I'll bet she emailed him and told him that you all are picking on her. I think somebody needs to set him straight. He did the same thing on their Brilliance TA last April. Don't make him mad..........Mad

I'm sorry, but he's one Royal A-hole in my book. CCC and Ephraim are like two peas in a pod.

I really don't give a darn if Ephraim is upset or not. TheFinger

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 12:58 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Good Late Morning SPB's: Just back from Lab test, follow up at Dr. Mon b4 we leave.

Linda: I agree about the dress, if you like it and it makes you feel good bring it...I too am only bringing pants/tops/twinsets instead of the usual formal dresses...

I am going over to the other side now and see what I have missed since yesterday....I'll be baaack Wink ...
Morning/Afternoon Jill.....hope test comes back with good results.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 1:08 pm

frudutx wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
Quote :
Now you all have Ephraim p*ssed off. I'll bet she emailed him and told him that you all are picking on her. I think somebody needs to set him straight. He did the same thing on their Brilliance TA last April. Don't make him mad..........Mad

I really don't give a darn if Ephraim is upset or not. TheFinger

d
He just doesn't get it. He admitted that he was in CL three times (I think). Unless he stayed in a suite, which he didn't because he was in Cabin 8054, and I do not believe he is Diamond..........he had no business in the CL.....period!!! CCC had no business taking him in there..........rules are rules............we all had to earn the privilege of the CL.
Back to top Go down
Cruising Fool
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 1:10 pm

Ginny: LMAO over your bird story. Oh - you and Herb will have something to talk about at trivia. He also was in the Air Force. (I think it was 68-72.)

Sheila: On the front page of one of the sections of our newspaper in bold print is [size=18]Drama queen
Thought of you immediately! (Itís about someone who left our area and has found fame and fortune on All My Children. She plays Kendall Hart.) But anyway, as I said - my first thought was of you.

Jean: Nice dress!!! If you find a way to shrink to get into it, let me know!!! You could make a fortune!

Linda: Sounds like Ginny gave you great advice about the dress.

Julie: Great news on your tests. Hang in there donít try and overdo it (even though Iím sure you want to).

Jill: Good luck on your lab tests. Hope all is okay.

Gosh darn it, I was trying to fix that "Drama Queen" so that it's bold and bigger. Oh - heck, I think you know what I was trying to do.Embarassed

Last edited by on Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 1:12 pm

Jill....good luck on the lab work....hope all is well...

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 1:14 pm

May I say my hair is standing on end! Mad

Just open discussion on things that have been mentioned on thread and reported in the news.

It is important to have open discussion and that does include expressing my thoughts and that does not have to agree with others on this thread. My post is not intended to flame or take swipes. Being friendly does not mean only one or two people can make statements and we all have to fall in line or keep silent.

If misinformation or comments that misleading or not corrected others will go away thinking that its true. If the person is not an experienced cruiser how is that helpful. The boards are for fellowship, information and perhaps it would be prudent to reread before posting and checking accuracy of statements. If that was done maybe what is considered swiping or flaming would be understood to be what it is: trying to correct and give accurate information.

Because this is not in person and facial expression or body language is not seen what is written can come across as harsh or swiping. The intent is neither but as written above to inform and explain from a different point of view. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cruising Fool
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 1:15 pm

Ginny: Just read your comment on the other board. (Oh, it's here now,too.) Very well said!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 1:16 pm

I was trying to think of how to word it and WOW Ginny u did GREAT:.^.:
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 1:21 pm

Thank you i am not a writer as I do not spell well and sounding words out does work for me. Spent 20 minutes yesterday trying to find word in Webster's to know how to spell it. Does not help if you can not figure out what the second and third letters are. to look it up. lol! Anyway I appreciate your kind words I have got my dander up and that is probably not a good thing Arg
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 1:23 pm

vlscruiser wrote:

Just open discussion on things that have been mentioned on thread and reported in the news.

It is important to have open discussion and that does include expressing my thoughts and that does not have to agree with others on this thread. My post is not intended to flame or take swipes. Being friendly does not mean only one or two people can make statements and we all have to fall in line or keep silent.

If misinformation or comments that misleading or not corrected others will go away thinking that its true. If the person is not an experienced cruiser how is that helpful. The boards are for fellowship, information and perhaps it would be prudent to reread before posting and checking accuracy of statements. If that was done maybe what is considered swiping or flaming would be understood to be what it is: trying to correct and give accurate information.

Because this is not in person and facial expression or body language is not seen what is written can come across as harsh or swiping. The intent is neither but as written above to inform and explain from a different point of view. Smile
Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 1:24 pm

vlscruiser wrote:

All I can say is bravo!

d
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 1:48 pm

Good morning everyone! Have a busy day today, but just wanted to stop by real quick!

Jean- Have a good cruise!

Linda- I am bringing dressy dresses for formal night. I say go for it, your dress sounds beautiful!

As for the rest of you........

Try to stay out of trouble this weekend, I don't want to come back and see you've all been banned!!! You all told me to be careful what I say, now I am reiterating!

Have a good weekend everyone!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 1:49 pm

vlscruiser wrote:

You did good girl Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers ...

SPB's: The blood work is just for the usual stuff, cholesterol, triglycerides etc. Thanks for your concern...

Jul: Happy to hear that you are healing nicely...Don't overdue and enjoy your companion Smile ...

Just who is this Ephraim person affraid (any friend of CCC is NOT a friend of ours) he does sound like a real know it all BlahBlahBlah PITA and I am being kind stickingtongueout

Going to attempt to pack for Dave this afternoon...

Anyone have fun plans for the long weekend??? We have a party at the condo on Monday, but aside from that nothing special planned...

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 PolarBearBanner1

Last edited by on Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 1:49 pm

At the moment I'm just as upset with him as I am with her. Because he came into this at the tail-end. I'm sure she is crying Sad on his shoulder and he's believing every word she's saying. If he read her posts, knew what happened to Patti and several others who have been banished from CC he may not be so friendly to her. All he needs to do is say the wrong thing to her and he'll be next on the list.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 2:07 pm

Ephraim and his partner Ives were on the Brilliance TA cruise with CCC and Sheila. When the original roll call starter abandoned ship, he sort of took over and then, of course, so did CCC.

He is a very opiniated person....ask Sheila. He is very touchy, but proud when it comes to his being in an alternative relationship.........that's what I got as I lurked on their roll call.

His comment "that's why everybody wants me on their trivia team"........just about says it all.

Yes Jill.........he is one HUGE PITA on the boards...........haven't never met him face to face.............I will draw my conclusions when that time presents itself.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 2:30 pm

Ginny, well said! And Ephraim hasnít mentioned again that his ďcommon courtesyĒ involved being snuck into the CL when he didnít belong there in the first place, didnít it? Iím so tempted to pull the trigger on that one!

Linda, if you have room in your luggage and you love the dress, then bring it! You saw one of mine - not super-formal but it has sequins on it that you can't see (it's also kind of summery for Alaska, but I don't care). The other one is black, a long tank dress, flouncy hem (I like those, can you tell?) with a sheer jacket. The third one depends on what I weigh on Sepember 13, but may be a repeat of the black one.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 2:41 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Anyone have fun plans for the long weekend??? We have a party at the condo on Monday, but aside from that nothing special planned...

John & I are both on call for the next week so we're not going to do much of anything except maybe visit the outlet mall. John says he need socks. He does his own packing Laughing .

I received one of my sweater sets from Jessica London, dark red it's very nice and will probably make the trip to Vancouver. I'm expecting two more packages in the mail. I have an appointment to have my hair trimmed next Friday. Other than packing and a trip to the bank I think I'm ready to go. Oh and the dogs go to the kennel.

The office is very quiet today as quite a few people decided to take the day off and the few that are left have already started the Friday afternoon exodus.

We did invite the kids over for a cookout and a swim on Sunday but Bob and Dawn are already having company and Tricia started back to college on Monday and I haven't heard from her this week.

It'll be just like any other weekend at our house only with an extra day to sleep in bounce .

d
Back to top Go down
westcoastvecs
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 2:50 pm

hello all!
just wanted to let you know Ruth is still unable to get on here...and awaiting a remedy to that ;-)
best wishes to all of you-
and happy weekend!
Robin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: