Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 4:31 pm

The shoes she's talking about are usually worn by people who do lots of walking or who are on their feet a lot. I've seen our Red Cross blood volunteers wearing them and one of the guys in my group here at work wears them as he has knee problems from playing football. They have springs instead of heels and they act as shock absorbers. Very funky looking.

d
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 4:34 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Murphy wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
Quote :

So I have my pedestal walkers ready for the trek around Alaska & NW
Pacific. You remember my jogging shoes that the heel is pedestal type.

So I bounce when I walk.
HappyHappyJoyJoy HappyHappyJoyJoy HappyHappyJoyJoy HappyHappyJoyJoyHappyHappyJoyJoy HappyHappyJoyJoy

What the heck is she talking about??? We know she puts herself on a pedestal... but her shoes???????
She bought these shoes that have some type of spring on the heel. She also has shoes (heels I believe) that light up when she walks.........wears them for formal night.HolidayTree

Oh, the chance to meet this chick just keeps getting better and better. lol! Anyone want to take bets on whether I can keep a straight face? affraid

Last edited by on Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 4:39 pm

If someone would like to post this about Astoria..........

Astoria Oregon was named after John Jacob Astor. Some films that were shot there include, The Goonies (house is still located on the hill and a tourist attraction), Kindergarten Cop, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II, Short Circuit and Free Willy and the last one shot there as The Ring II.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 4:45 pm

I just got my call and took the tickets for backup purposes so we're not scrambling to do something if the weather is uncooperative.

As for the cabin crawl, if CCC signs up, I'm out. You guys can come by for a visit at some point instead! I also plan to walk away from her. I have nothing nice to say to her (unless inquiries about whether she might want to try the proper dose of her medication are considered nice:twisted: ), so maybe I'll hear my my mother's voice in my head telling me to be quiet.

If I bounce when I walk then it's time for a new bra.lol! I read of some new sneakers that have enough bounce on them to make you go up in the air. The reviewer said that he was greeted with howls of laughter when he tried them out in public. And if you bounce too high going to the CL, you risk going over the balcony & landing in the Centrum...

Last edited by on Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 4:47 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Congratulations you got the call. What time are you planning to go? Jim and I thought we would try to get on one of the first buses. That would leave time to explore the town after we get back.

That's what I'm thinking Patti. I have a favorite store that shipped things home for me last year. I want to get there again and do some Christmas shopping. santa
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 5:03 pm

cruisenfever wrote:

Astoria Oregon was named after John Jacob Astor. Some films that were shot there include, The Goonies (house is still located on the hill and a tourist attraction), Kindergarten Cop, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II, Short Circuit and Free Willy and the last one shot there as The Ring II.

I heard they are shooting a new film in Astoria at the end of September: "Free Patti: The saga of good verses evil"
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 5:21 pm

Murphy wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:

I heard they are shooting a new film in Astoria at the end of September: "Free Patti: The saga of good verses evil"

HappyHappyJoyJoy HappyHappyJoyJoy HappyHappyJoyJoy
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 5:31 pm

Way to go Murphy! Your comment on the "other" board probably has ccc steaming as you know only "she" is a wealth of information. roflmao
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 5:33 pm

Murphy wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:

LittleDevil roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 5:38 pm

Murphy wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:

You beat me to it. Thanks for doing that. Every little dig helps ThumpsUp

As to the film: WooHoo roflmao Cheers LittleDevil HappyHappyJoyJoy
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 5:38 pm

Susan....hope ur migraine diminishes quickly...I hate those...

haven't had my call yet...can I go home and wait for it???????.....My luck, they'll call tmrw when i can't be around...waaahhhhhhh

I like some of the rest, will take the tickets and then decide what's what.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 5:40 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Susan....hope ur migraine diminishes quickly...I hate those...

haven't had my call yet...can I go home and wait for it???????.....My luck, they'll call tmrw when i can't be around...waaahhhhhhh

I like some of the rest, will take the tickets and then decide what's what.

So what do y'all take for your migraines? I used to take imitrex but just recently switched to Maxalt. It works pretty well and costs about 1/3 of what the other did.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 5:41 pm

For somebody that has a migraine.............this site must be making her fell pretty good!! Yay
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 5:42 pm

Scrapbooking......

Jen....we have TONS here.....most of it sells for $1 to $2.99...with 12x12 albums between 5 and 8....crazy prices and it's a huge category for me...got into selling it as my daugh said to try it, I gave her 3' of space and it has now ballooned into about 80feet!!!!...We even have the diecut machines and a lot of Leeza items...sooooo cool...if you're interested in any particular email me direct at brmoqueen@aol.com.....

Hopefully this doesn't break any rules!!!! Not trying to sell, just get excited over awesome stuff!!!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 5:49 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
For somebody that has a migraine.............this site must be making her fell pretty good!! Yay

Of course I don't get as many as I used to, it's that age thing hormones and all Embarassed .

d
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 6:10 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Scrapbooking......

Jen....we have TONS here.....most of it sells for $1 to $2.99...with 12x12 albums between 5 and 8....crazy prices and it's a huge category for me...got into selling it as my daugh said to try it, I gave her 3' of space and it has now ballooned into about 80feet!!!!...We even have the diecut machines and a lot of Leeza items...sooooo cool...if you're interested in any particular email me direct at brmoqueen@aol.com.....

Hopefully this doesn't break any rules!!!! Not trying to sell, just get excited over awesome stuff!!!

jul Smile

Oh man! I wish I was there! I am looking for cruise stuff to put in the goody bags for my scrapbooking cruise in Feb.

I don't think you are breaking any rules, that is the nice thing about this forum, they don't restrict what you say!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 6:14 pm

I agree with Jean, if AlienAmongUs signs up for the cabin crawl, I will back out, I don't want her to realize we are neighbors if at all possible.

If anyone is wondering why I am so chatty, the last few days, it is because it is so dead slow here at work! No one is getting their cars fixed the last two weeks of August!
Anyone need an oil change?lol!
Back to top Go down
grizzlybear
Charter Member
Charter Member
grizzlybear

Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 6:43 pm

No, no oil change for me - but who's manning the bar tonight? I could use a pina colada!! drunken
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 6:48 pm

Actually my stang is in dire need of an oil change.....do u do pick up and deliver??? LOL

Jen...if u send me ur email address, I will have my dd take some pics of cruise appropriate things that you might be interested in......of course, as I do my buying, I keep ME and my travels in mind!!!
Back to top Go down
grizzlybear
Charter Member
Charter Member
grizzlybear

Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 6:58 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Actually my stang is in dire need of an oil change.....do u do pick up and deliver??? LOL

Jen...if u send me ur email address, I will have my dd take some pics of cruise appropriate things that you might be interested in......of course, as I do my buying, I keep ME and my travels in mind!!!

Cheers Oooo, me too, me too? I like scrapping!! WooHoo My e-mail address is tfeagins at charter dot net. Just change the at and dot to the appropriate symbols. Cool Thanks bunches.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 7:00 pm

cruiseforme wrote:

Ooh,thanks!bounce
I will email you!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 7:03 pm

cruisenfever wrote:

Yes, laughter is always good medicine! roflmao

Diane, my headaches aren't usually too bad and Excedrin Migraine formula usually does the trick, but when they are bad, like today, I do have a supply of Imitrix. Next time I need a refill, I will ask for some other cost effective alternatives though! Funny you should mention 'hormones', one of the "older" women at work told me I wouldn't be getting migraines for much longer...stickingtongueout Well, I thought that was rather RUDE! pale
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 7:06 pm

grizzlybear wrote:
No, no oil change for me - but who's manning the bar tonight? I could use a pina colada!! drunken

I guess it is cocktail time in your neck of the woods!Yay

I have a couple of more hours to go!
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 7:47 pm

Afternoon,

I understand about the migraine, use to have really bad ones. Even took part in a study through my HMO. They dissapeared some time ago and I think I have only had one or two over the last 10 years. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Got my phone call between 1:30 PM and 2:00 PM. Sharon left a message on my answering machine and I called right away. She did state in her message that Nancy could not come as she is not Diamond (her first RCCL cruise). When I returned the call and accepted I did ask if Nancy could be put on a wait list in the event there are any openings. I would of course be willing to pay for her excursion just don't want to to feel left out. I did talk with Nancy about this and she has no trouble with doing her own thing. I just feel a uncomfortable in inviting her on the cruise and then taking off.

She joined me on the Summit in Dec to Hawaii out of LA (her first cruise ever) and had a good time. She is a good person to travel with and her husband is kind enough to let her come. I admit that I am picky with who I share a cabin with and usually travel alone, but there is Nancy and another lady (Liz) from my church who is also a great deal of fun to travel with. That's who I a going with to Las Vegas next week. I think Jean #1 may have met her on one of the ship tours our TA Bob arranged.

Anyway all this to say that I have two good people for traveling company and that is a blessing. I do hope that Crown and Anchor will be able to accomadate Nancy but if not she will find something to do. I appreciate that we have been offered the free excursion and look forward to it.

WhenPigsFly
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 8:08 pm

Quote :
I went to the site & I read:

22-Sep Radiance of the Seas 900 1700 P/1 RCCL
There are 2 areas, one states TBA, & the lower area states this.
Would someone like to tell CCC that we are going to be in Astoria on September 24, 2007 not September 22, 2008. She is looking at 2008 calendar that is listed below. What an idiot!!! And to think that she once had in her signature "I may be blond, but unlike you I have a brain".

Last edited by on Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: