Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Options here at the board?

Go down 
+3
flowers
thevacationstop
taurus988
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Options here at the board?   New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:46 am

Eh, it's a start. stickingtongueout Although a bit of this ImNotWorthy might help too. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Options here at the board?   New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 12:55 pm

Secret that is me telling pam not to suck up. why? just so we can use some multiquote function? i haven't had it until now so i don't think it will make my life any better - so take that susan.
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: New Options here at the board?   New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 2:03 pm

crusinmama06 wrote:
Heyyy we have Multi Quote option now! WooHoo I always wanted multi quote here. So who added that? Steve? Where's Steve? Do I get to thank you for the new group bells and whistles? DocDance

It wasn't me.
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

PostSubject: Re: New Options here at the board?   New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 2:10 pm

Okay, here's a lesson on multi-quote, hopefully not in geekspeak.

To quote multiple messages at the same time, do the following:

1) find the messages that you want to quote, and click the multi-quote link. When you click it, all that happens is that it highlight's the link. If you click one by mistake, click it again to turn off the highlighting.

2) After highlighting all the messages you want to quote, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the button "Post Reply".

3) That will open a reply box with the quoted stuff already in the box. Simply add whatever message you want below, and then either Preview or Send the way you would any other reply.

Last edited by thevacationstop on Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

PostSubject: Re: New Options here at the board?   New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 2:13 pm

taurus988 wrote:
Okay...here's my ???s:
What are the 'points' for .. how do you get them... what do they mean?

Also, who decides your reputation?
Okay...what I'm really asking is who do I have to be really really nice to?? LOL lol!

oesnjstar wrote:
who ever fixed the member page - thanks - looks different - like it.

yeah pam - what's with the reputation??? LOL

i still can't multi-quote - nothing happens.

Reputation is simply the total of all the times someone thought you had something useful to say and clicked the + to add to your reputation, less the number of times they thought you said something that wasted their time, was offensive, or otherwise caused them to hit the - to decrease your reputation. Anyone can rate a post. There is no requirement for anyone to do so. It is simply a fun thing to do. No free cruises as a result of reputation.
Back to top Go down
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: New Options here at the board?   New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 3:29 pm

thevacationstop wrote:
crusinmama06 wrote:
Heyyy we have Multi Quote option now! WooHoo I always wanted multi quote here. So who added that? Steve? Where's Steve? Do I get to thank you for the new group bells and whistles? DocDance

It wasn't me.

thevacationstop wrote:
taurus988 wrote:
Okay...here's my ???s:
What are the 'points' for .. how do you get them... what do they mean?

Also, who decides your reputation?
Okay...what I'm really asking is who do I have to be really really nice to?? LOL lol!

oesnjstar wrote:
who ever fixed the member page - thanks - looks different - like it.

yeah pam - what's with the reputation??? LOL

i still can't multi-quote - nothing happens.

Reputation is simply the total of all the times someone thought you had something useful to say and clicked the + to add to your reputation, less the number of times they thought you said something that wasted their time, was offensive, or otherwise caused them to hit the - to decrease your reputation. Anyone can rate a post. There is no requirement for anyone to do so. It is simply a fun thing to do. No free cruises as a result of reputation.

THANKS, STEVE!!
It worked - it worked!!!

Here is what I was doing wrong...I was clicking on the multiquote buttons on more than 1 post, then scrolling to bottom of page to 'quick reply'. This time I scrolled to top of page and clicked on the reply button.

Nice job! Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Options here at the board?   New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 3:55 pm

and what is this thanks button? thanks for making me look like a real ass because i can't use the multi-quote button??? LOL
Back to top Go down
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

PostSubject: Re: New Options here at the board?   New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 4:16 pm

thanks? I don't see any thanks button.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Options here at the board?   New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 4:37 pm

i am not lying, when i wrote that there was a little button that said thanks. i am NOT losing my mind.
Back to top Go down
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

PostSubject: Re: New Options here at the board?   New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 4:41 pm

LOL OK. I believe you... Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Options here at the board?   New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 4:42 pm

pfffftttt, Pat your mind was lost many many many moons ago. Wink (j/k)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Options here at the board?   New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 4:51 pm

There IS a thanks button. I see it Pat. I clicked on it. And I can prove it. Laughing

But you voted me off the island a few pages back so I am no longer talking to you. Razz
Back to top Go down
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

PostSubject: Re: New Options here at the board?   New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 4:53 pm

where is this 'thanks' button??
I don't have any = / - on my posts, either...can only see them on everyone else's.
Is it supposed to be that way?

Wow.. aren't we having a ton of fun with the new upgrades....and if Steve didn't do it....who did/????
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: New Options here at the board?   New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 4:53 pm

I was going to say it looks like Pat got more points for "reputation".... looks like everyone figured it out, same as kudos on some other boards.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: New Options here at the board?   New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 5:13 pm

The forum software was updated...offering these new changes.

Pam...You can't give yourself your own reputation...silly!

REMEMBER: To use the multi quotes...you must hit REPLY and not use the quick reply box.

The thanks button and all this other stuff can be turned on and off. If the button is gone...Admin has turned it off.

Click someones name...and you'll see how the profile area has changed as well.
You can still search down members posts, and you can leave a message in their profile. Nice changes in there.
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

PostSubject: Re: New Options here at the board?   New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 5:16 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
The forum software was updated...offering these new changes.

Pam...You can't give yourself your own reputation...silly!

REMEMBER: To use the multi quotes...you must hit REPLY and not use the quick reply box.

The thanks button and all this other stuff can be turned on and off. If the button is gone...Admin has turned it off.

Click someones name...and you'll see how the profile area has changed as well.
You can still search down members posts, and you can leave a message in their profile. Nice changes in there.

DANG! Thought I would try that anyway! lol!

study studying all these changes....
thanks, Pete!
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

PostSubject: Re: New Options here at the board?   New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 5:40 pm

taurus988 wrote:
I don't have any = / - on my posts, either...can only see them on everyone else's.

Wow.. aren't we having a ton of fun with the new upgrades....and if Steve didn't do it....who did/????

You can't rate your own posts. That's why you don't see the +/- on your own.
Either Tina or Ron enabled the feature on the boards. It is built into the software, and can be enabled or disabled by the Admin Team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Options here at the board?   New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 5:42 pm

I'm not sure I like the idea of Ron having control of my post votes! Wink
Back to top Go down
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

PostSubject: Re: New Options here at the board?   New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 5:43 pm

OIC. THANKS, Steve! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Options here at the board?   New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 5:53 pm

thevacationstop wrote:
taurus988 wrote:

You can't rate your own posts. That's why you don't see the +/- on your own.
Either Tina or Ron enabled the feature on the boards. It is built into the software, and can be enabled or disabled by the Admin Team.

Just experimenting Steve, I want to see if the "Thank you" button only appears when we quote someone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Options here at the board?   New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 5:53 pm

Nope. Anyone know the answer to the Thank You button??
Back to top Go down
UtahCouple
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: New Options here at the board?   New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 6:30 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
and what is this thanks button? thanks for making me look like a real ass because i can't use the multi-quote button??? LOL

taurus988 wrote:
thanks? I don't see any thanks button.

oesnjstar wrote:
i am not lying, when i wrote that there was a little button that said thanks. i am NOT losing my mind.

taurus988 wrote:
LOL OK. I believe you... Wink

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
Nope. Anyone know the answer to the Thank You button??

Ahhh, this would save a lot of time in some rare situations. The rep system is always nice, gives some extra fun to everyone and even makes a few people think a little more about what they're posting before clicking "send" Smile

I'm a sucker for rep systems I will be the one flinging votes left and right!!!
Back to top Go down
UtahCouple
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: New Options here at the board?   New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 6:37 pm

Ok, so what's the points? Can I buy stuff with em? LoL
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: New Options here at the board?   New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 7:28 pm

I'm sure my Rep numbers will be low. It's Ron's fault!
He never stops messing around....the nerve of that guy!
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: New Options here at the board?   New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 7:40 pm

i just made pete's meter rise!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Options here at the board?   New Options here at the board? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Options here at the board?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next