Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pricing Showing as "Not Available"???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Pricing Showing as "Not Available"??? Empty
PostSubject: Pricing Showing as "Not Available"???   Pricing Showing as "Not Available"??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 12:09 am

I'm hoping that my new friends, experienced cruisers and travel agents may be able to give me some insight on the possible reasons why the pricing of a sailing would show as "Not Available".

We are considering the EOS out of Bayonne for January 14th, 2010. For the last 12 days, the pricing for this sailing has shown as "Not Available". I called RCCL and they said that they are currently doing inventory maintenance ... what ever that is. scratch The EOS is scheduled to go into dry dock after the Christmas '09 sailing and this January 14th sailing will be the first one cruise following this dry dock.

I'm having a sneaky feeling that there is more than meets the eye here cyclops and wondered if anyone has had any experiences or insight into what "Not Available" has meant in the past.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Pricing Showing as "Not Available"???   Pricing Showing as "Not Available"??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:12 am

It is possible that the whole ship has been chartered for that date or that they are not sure if she will be ready.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purpleparrottravel.com
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Pricing Showing as "Not Available"???   Pricing Showing as "Not Available"??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:19 am

One of the Nov 2009 sailings is showing the same thing, but the December cruises seem to be available... strange!
Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

PostSubject: Re: Pricing Showing as "Not Available"???   Pricing Showing as "Not Available"??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 10:06 am

On the travel agent booking site it says "Closed to Booking".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pricing Showing as "Not Available"???   Pricing Showing as "Not Available"??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 10:12 am

maybe it's a precaution in case it doesn't make it out of refurb in time???
Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

PostSubject: Re: Pricing Showing as "Not Available"???   Pricing Showing as "Not Available"??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 10:42 am

Also either all of March or most of March said the same thing...........
Back to top Go down
MerryMeetingTravel
Host
Host

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Pricing Showing as "Not Available"???   Pricing Showing as "Not Available"??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 10:44 am

Pricing may not have been decided upon yet... they may just be in the process of uploading information... this happens when they are doing site updates and such.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MerryMeetingTravel.com

PostSubject: Re: Pricing Showing as "Not Available"???   Pricing Showing as "Not Available"??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 11:07 am

when this happened on a Celebrity sailing where we had CF group space ... they ended up totally changing the itinerary for the sailing. Sad

my guess is that RCCL is making some kind of adjustments - to pricing, itinerary, or some kind of charter, dry dock schedule, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pricing Showing as "Not Available"???   Pricing Showing as "Not Available"??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 11:08 am

yet the cruise after that is listed?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pricing Showing as "Not Available"???   Pricing Showing as "Not Available"??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 11:18 am

Thanks for your insight. It all looks suspect to me. I heard that there was propeller damage sustained on the EOS in February and they plan to change this in dry dock. Perhaps they may need more time to get it fixed?? I'll just have to wait and see.

If it gets cancelled or changes too much we may have to look into February ... the valentines sailing may be a nice option. Is it a 9 or 12 day sailing?? Alternately, we would consider travelling to Florida, but the other family who are interested in cruising doesn't like to fly so Bayonne works great.

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pricing Showing as "Not Available"???   Pricing Showing as "Not Available"??? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:30 pm

The valentine sailing is a 12 night sailing. The pricing is available for that sailing. To make sure that you get the best price, I would normally recommend to clients to book the alternate sailing and change to the earlier sailing if the cruise becomes available at a later date.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pricing Showing as "Not Available"???   Pricing Showing as "Not Available"??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pricing Showing as "Not Available"???
Page 1 of 1