Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Tell me how group cruises work on Cruise Freek Forums

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ajani
Charter Member
Charter Member
Ajani

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Tell me how group cruises work on Cruise Freek Forums Empty
PostSubject: Tell me how group cruises work on Cruise Freek Forums   Tell me how group cruises work on Cruise Freek Forums Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 12:59 pm

I'm blogging about group cruises today and, I'd like to know how the group cruises work here on Cruise Freek Forums. I need to know:

-What type of incentives can be offered (onboard credit, etc)
-What the advantage is of booking a group cruise

And anything else can tell me about groups and how they work would be great.

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
http://rcclprojectgenesis.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Tell me how group cruises work on Cruise Freek Forums   Tell me how group cruises work on Cruise Freek Forums Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 5:27 pm

Ajani,

Amenities can vary from nothing (if not available on a specific sailing) to onboard spending credits, bottle of wine, fruit baskets, cheese plates, photo coupons, photo albums, logo towels, robes, slippers, etc.

Typically the biggest advantages are the amenities, and sometimes discounted rates. RCI and Celebrity don't offer discounts on groups, but Carnival and some others do offer discounted rates on groups. Also groups can often secure the room categories (and even specific room numbers) that they want, keeping the group together if so desired.

And of course, there's always the FUN of cruising together with fellow Freeks!!!
Back to top Go down
newmexiconita
NCL Host
NCL Host

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Tell me how group cruises work on Cruise Freek Forums   Tell me how group cruises work on Cruise Freek Forums Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 7:22 pm

Group cruises offer special bonding more than anything. Yes, amenties usually are offered. An example, the one I am just about finished with is giving a bottle of wine to each cabin, $50 OBC and a 2 hour cocktail hour with hot and cold appetizers. Some will offer other things. It depends on the amount of points that are earned, based on the $$ amount brought into the cruise line.

As Ivanova mentioned some lines do offer cabin discounts, these are rare. Most likely you will get the blocked space she was mentioning so the group will be together. The cruise line will also work to help secure special rooms for meetings, special dinner reservations, etc.

One other feature is, for every 8 cabins sold, 1 birth is free. I am generalizing as some lines have different qualifications for a free birth, but this is the general rule. The free birth can go to the tour leader, it can be raffled off or actual savings can be devided by the number who are cruising to reduce the cost per person.

Nita
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell me how group cruises work on Cruise Freek Forums   Tell me how group cruises work on Cruise Freek Forums Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 11:16 pm

Also, the free berth means free cruisefare. Port charges and government taxes still need to be paid on that berth.
Back to top Go down
newmexiconita
NCL Host
NCL Host

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Tell me how group cruises work on Cruise Freek Forums   Tell me how group cruises work on Cruise Freek Forums Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 11:47 pm

Ivanova wrote:
Also, the free berth means free cruisefare. Port charges and government taxes still need to be paid on that berth.
yep, I should have added that.

Nita:!:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell me how group cruises work on Cruise Freek Forums   Tell me how group cruises work on Cruise Freek Forums Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tell me how group cruises work on Cruise Freek Forums
Page 1 of 1