Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Disney Ships Named

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-10

New Disney Ships Named Empty
PostSubject: New Disney Ships Named   New Disney Ships Named Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:26 pm

I just read this in my ALLEARS newsletter:

"Disney President and CEO Bob Iger announced the names of the two new Disney cruise line ships (currently being built in Germany) at the company's annual shareholder's meeting earlier today: the Disney "Dream," which will begin sailing in 2011, and the Disney "Fantasy," which will sail in 2012. Both new ships will sail out of Port Canaveral at least through the year 2014"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Disney Ships Named   New Disney Ships Named Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:16 am

Yep, really original huh? Laughing Talk about dejavue - Carnival. Laughing
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: New Disney Ships Named   New Disney Ships Named Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:24 am

Yes dejavue but they all seem to copy off of each other lol. Names don't sound bad though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Disney Ships Named   New Disney Ships Named Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:28 am

I thought it would be Disney Dreams and Disney Wishes...but they didn't ask me for my opinion. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Disney Ships Named   New Disney Ships Named Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:28 am

yeah, these names were chosen because they are dreaming and fantasizing about how much they'll be able to charge in cruise fares.....
Back to top Go down
MerryMeetingTravel
Host
Host

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: New Disney Ships Named   New Disney Ships Named Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 7:36 am

I like Disney Wishes!! LOL... why can't they use more imagination (that name is taken too,lol)... and come up with an original name...

The names make sense don't get me wrong...but geeesh, these names just seem to keep repeating themselves.

Dolores

Last edited by MerryMeetingTravel on Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.MerryMeetingTravel.com

PostSubject: Re: New Disney Ships Named   New Disney Ships Named Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 7:54 am

for an economy so repressed there are a lot of ships being built.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Disney Ships Named   New Disney Ships Named Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:16 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
for an economy so repressed there are a lot of ships being built.
Only because these contracts were entered into with the shipyard companies well before the recession started ... and the fines for cancelling the contracts are too great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Disney Ships Named   New Disney Ships Named Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Ivanova wrote:
yeah, these names were chosen because they are dreaming and fantasizing about how much they'll be able to charge in cruise fares.....

HAHAHAHAHA you've got that right. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Disney Ships Named   New Disney Ships Named Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Disney Ships Named
Page 1 of 1