Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

just when you think you have it bad

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

just when you think you have it bad Empty
PostSubject: just when you think you have it bad   just when you think you have it bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:11 pm

i tell you i am just going to vent here - a very good friend of mine was diagnosed with colon cancer a few weeks ago. he is have chemo and yesterday his 40 year old daughter just had a massive heart attack and died. no one saw it coming. 2 young children. we took one of the kids to the everglades with us when a big group of us left out of florida 2 years ago. i am still in shock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just when you think you have it bad   just when you think you have it bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:15 pm

Pat, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. I know you can be supportive to the father while he is dealing with his illness and this tragedy. Things certainly are unexplainable when something like this happens.
Kelice
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just when you think you have it bad   just when you think you have it bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:18 pm

thanks kelcie. i still can't get believe how that can happen. they are dealing with his illness and then their daughter dies - no sickness - nothing. oh well sorry to be such a downer. i am working all by myself - no one to talk to and it was like i wanted to talk about it for a minute. thanks for listening.
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: just when you think you have it bad   just when you think you have it bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:19 pm

A sad story.
Gives you pause for thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just when you think you have it bad   just when you think you have it bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:20 pm

Pat...that is such a tragedy...so sad. Life is too short at times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just when you think you have it bad   just when you think you have it bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:25 pm

I am so sorry to hear this.

It also shows you just why you must live each moment for itself. Enjoy life, as you never know what will happen the next moment.

Dan
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: just when you think you have it bad   just when you think you have it bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:30 pm

Pat, my condolences. Any death weather expected or not is a tragedy.

When someone passes in that way its the worse of all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just when you think you have it bad   just when you think you have it bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:35 pm

Pat,
At least your friend has loving and wonderful people to rely upon like you. It would actually be nice to be the only one in the office this afternoon! Thought that might give you a laugh(I work with grumpy people sometimes!)
Kelcie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just when you think you have it bad   just when you think you have it bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:41 pm

i don't mind working all by myself but even though usually there are people downstairs i work in a really big office upstairs all by myself and i sing (if you can call it that) out loud while i'm working. if anybody every heard me i don't know what they would think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just when you think you have it bad   just when you think you have it bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:47 pm

Maybe Fox will come out with a series for the more mature American Idol contestants? I'm pretty sure if I sang in the office, they' would be be calling the nearest facility to admit me.
Kelcie
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: just when you think you have it bad   just when you think you have it bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:35 pm

Oh Pat, that is just so sad. I will keep the family, and you, in my prayers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just when you think you have it bad   just when you think you have it bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:57 pm

it's not idol for the mature contestants, it's idol for the tone deaf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just when you think you have it bad   just when you think you have it bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:40 pm

Pat, have you ever done karaoke on a cruise ship? If so, you can't be tone deaf.
Kelcie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just when you think you have it bad   just when you think you have it bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:40 pm

kelcie - no i wouldn't even think of karaoke - omg no.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just when you think you have it bad   just when you think you have it bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:42 pm

Oh, C'mon Pat, I'll buy you a round or two on the first cruise we are on together. Eveything sounds better with a little fortification!
Kelcie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just when you think you have it bad   just when you think you have it bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:47 pm

there isn't enough alcohol for the people who have to listen to me. it's bad when you know you sound horrible in the shower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just when you think you have it bad   just when you think you have it bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:56 pm

Pat, you are making me laugh this evening, and I was earlier trying to cheer you up. Believe me, most of the people who are going to watch karaoke, have mostly had a drink or two, especially if they are thinking about singing.
Kelcie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just when you think you have it bad   just when you think you have it bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 10:07 pm

i have a very dry sarcastic wit and i absolutely have no reverence so almost anything can be funny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just when you think you have it bad   just when you think you have it bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 10:12 pm

Pat,
I think our sense of humor is similar. I love nothing more than making fun out of not much. It makes life so much easier and pleasant.
Kelcie
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: just when you think you have it bad   just when you think you have it bad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 11:31 pm

Just saw this, I am so sorry. That is really terrible to happen to one family, how sad for them and to someone who was your friend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just when you think you have it bad   just when you think you have it bad Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 7:36 am

Pat,

I am so sorry for your friends loss. My prayers are with the family.To be diagnosed is hard enough, but to lose a child on top of that, so sad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just when you think you have it bad   just when you think you have it bad Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 4:47 pm

kk99 wrote:
Pat, have you ever done karaoke on a cruise ship? If so, you can't be tone deaf.
Kelcie

I have always heard that karaoke was Japanese for 'tone deaf' roflmao

Dan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just when you think you have it bad   just when you think you have it bad Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 4:50 pm

even my lip syncing isn't good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just when you think you have it bad   just when you think you have it bad Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 4:51 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
even my lip syncing isn't good

No music awards for you then... Laughing
Back to top Go down
cruizinmimi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: just when you think you have it bad   just when you think you have it bad Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 2:22 pm

I have not posted in a long while, sorry! But when I read this story, it is just so sad. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's loss. Such a tragic story with what he is going through. My prayers go out to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just when you think you have it bad   just when you think you have it bad Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

just when you think you have it bad
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Message Board Information :: Frequently Asked Questions-
Jump to: