Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Operation Hope Floats

Go down 
+2
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Operation Hope Floats Empty
PostSubject: Operation Hope Floats   Operation Hope Floats Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 12:09 pm

ok my curiosity is sufficiently peaked. what is it? i know it's something i will support.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Operation Hope Floats   Operation Hope Floats Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 12:28 pm

Operation Hope Floats - I will let Ron have the honor of explaining what it is and how we are going to be involved but we are going to be setting up existing and new group cruises to raise money for a very worthwhile organization called H.E.L.P

Here is their website: http://www.disasterlogistics.org/
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Operation Hope Floats   Operation Hope Floats Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 12:36 pm

looked at it - awesome
Back to top Go down
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Charter Member
Charter Member
Cruise Virgin Vinnie

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Operation Hope Floats   Operation Hope Floats Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 12:45 pm

This is just one reason I love Cruise Freeks. Don't you enjoy being part of a community that is reaching out to make the world a better place and all we have to do is book a cruise to help?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation Hope Floats   Operation Hope Floats Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 12:57 pm

really - we have fun and someone actually benefits from it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Operation Hope Floats   Operation Hope Floats Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:50 pm

Our new logo for Operation Hope Floats

Operation Hope Floats Operat10
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Operation Hope Floats   Operation Hope Floats Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:30 pm

Very Nice, Tina!

So, for all undesignated charity cruises - the charity will be for Operation Hope Floats? That's a great idea!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation Hope Floats   Operation Hope Floats Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 3:47 pm

Dear Fellow Cruise Freeks,

It's not very often that you get an e-mail from me. Usually I am busy doing the behind the scenes stuff. You know like cleaning toilets, doing dishes, and other forum responsibilities. However, this one time I am going to make an exception so I can tell you about a worthy organization, HELP.

HELP is an Arizona USA-based non profit humanitarian relief organization devoted to meeting the needs of the many victims of natural and man-made disasters on a global basis. HELP is an acronym for our official name, Humanitarian Emergency Logistics & Preparedness Inc.

HELP President Randy Roberson has many years of training and experience in disaster response around the globe. His mentor was the late Dr. Larry Ward. Larry was named “White House Ambassador to the Hungry World” by former US President Ronald Regan and - for over 4 decades - was considered a leading international expert in the field of humanitarian relief.

From the earthquake ravaged neighborhoods of Colombia, El Salvador and Turkey, to the tragedy of floods, poverty and AIDS in Africa, to the heartbreaking refugee camps during the Kosovo war, to famine in India and Bangladesh - and on the Tsunami devastated shores of Southeast Asia and India, HELP has been there offering a cup of cool water to the thirsty, food to the hungry, medicine to the wounded and shelter to the homeless. All without regard for race, religion or creed and with no strings attached. Our “Hand Up Not A Hand Out” approach to relief and development ensure true effectiveness while also offering true accountability.

While the United States isn't a stranger to both man made and natural disasters what we experience here is just the tip of the ice-burg. While the US is by no means perfect when it comes to disaster recovery and relief we are more capable, and have more resources, than most other countries. I have experienced first-hand the devastation of both natural (Katrina) and man-made (9/11) disasters. I know the frustration and heart break when the needs of so many out weigh the available resources. This need for humanitarian services will always be there. As you read this men, women, and children are losing their battle for life due to starvation and/or treatable medical conditions. Did you know that the number one cause of death on our planet is water? More people die from drinking contaminated water than any other cause on the planet.

Organizations like HELP will never be able to meet the humanitarian needs of the world alone but they make a difference. Now HELP needs our help. Lack of funding is hampering the mission of HELP. In the coming weeks you will hear me talk about "Operation Hope Floats". Operation Hope Floats is a mission to help provide funds for HELP. In our community forum located at www.cruisefreeks.com you will find a listing of cruises. When you book one of these cruises $25 dollars of that fair will go towards HELP. So this is my plea to you to get involved and make a difference. You don't have to book a cruise to be apart of this mission. In the next few days I hope to come up with a link where people can donate to this very worthy cause. Again, I beg you to please get involved. After all, we are the cruise community that cares....

Sincerely,

Ron

P.S. Please take the time to look at H.E.L.P's web-site at; http://www.disasterlogistics.org/

And please take the time to read this story. What if this were someone you knew? http://www.disasterlogistics.org/?p=125
Back to top Go down
Josh
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Josh

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Operation Hope Floats   Operation Hope Floats Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 7:38 pm

Sounds like a great project! You can count on my support!
Back to top Go down
MerryMeetingTravel
Host
Host

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Operation Hope Floats   Operation Hope Floats Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 8:10 am

This is a great project... I am proud to be a part of it!

Dolores
Back to top Go down
http://www.MerryMeetingTravel.com
mpg1226
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
mpg1226

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Operation Hope Floats   Operation Hope Floats Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:52 am

I'm glad to be a part of this. It's a great cause. Hope we can all take part and give a little back to those in need.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvacationlady.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation Hope Floats   Operation Hope Floats Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Operation Hope Floats
Page 1 of 1