Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Dinner with the Captain

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Dinner with the Captain Empty
PostSubject: Dinner with the Captain   Dinner with the Captain Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:35 am

Has anyone ever had dinner with the captain? Wondering what that would like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with the Captain   Dinner with the Captain Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:44 am

Not me ( yet ). queen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with the Captain   Dinner with the Captain Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:37 pm

Nope, no luck here either.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with the Captain   Dinner with the Captain Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:37 pm

I'm a Captain....You can have dinner with me.

Dinner with the Captain CruiseAnimationPete
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with the Captain   Dinner with the Captain Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:39 pm

I played Captain Picard once in a Mystery Dinner. alien
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with the Captain   Dinner with the Captain Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:51 pm

Yes, I've had the pleasure just once. It was on a Celebrity ship, and we got an invitation from the Captain Club's host. We had helped out when a couple was rude to her assistant and had caused a public commotion in front of several passengers. It was completely unexpected invitation. We had the same menu as the other passengers in the main dining room, along with some additional appetizers and some very fine wines and port offered with the meal. Some of the other guests at the table were personal friends of the Captain, and others were people that were celebrating an anniversary. We all get our picture taken with the Captain, and it was a very pleasant evening.
Kelcie
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with the Captain   Dinner with the Captain Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:54 pm

Congratulations Kelcie, nice to see that it pays to be nice Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with the Captain   Dinner with the Captain Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:57 pm

Thanks Tony,
I've never understood, how a passenger can blame a social host for something they didn't cause. Of course, after I took that cruise, I had to buy some of the port that was served that evening. It was more than I expected, but a very good memory!
Kelcie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with the Captain   Dinner with the Captain Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:54 pm

every time i am on the explorer there is this huge table in the middle of the dining room. i'm going to assume it's the captain's table but i have NEVER seen anyone at it. when i was on celebrity the captain did have a dinner at his table one night. of course, i was not on that guest list. but at least i saw him at the table eating. 3 cruises on the explorer and i have never seen anyone at that table.
Back to top Go down
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with the Captain   Dinner with the Captain Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:59 pm

We ate dinner with the cruise director on our last NCL cruise.
They had a 'raffle' to enter if you wanted to eat with senior staff...then they match you up with 2-3 other couples to dine with a senior staff member.
The Captain was hosting that night, as well...but we got the cruise director.
It was very interesting and informative - not to mention FUN!
And we got free wine..and special dessert.

Dinner with the Captain S-event
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with the Captain   Dinner with the Captain Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 5:58 pm

I had dinner with the captain on Monarch of the Seas, along with Jean and Ginny (Polar Bear friends), it was just an informal dinner in the Windjammer with a couple of other officers, but it was fun. They certainly cater to the Captain.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with the Captain   Dinner with the Captain Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 6:40 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
They certainly cater to the Captain.

We call it...RHIP.

Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with the Captain   Dinner with the Captain Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:49 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
JJ2sail wrote:
They certainly cater to the Captain.

We call it...RHIP.

As it should Captain Laughing
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with the Captain   Dinner with the Captain Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:47 pm

We were invited to dine with the Chief Engineer once. His daughter was onboard and he wanted her to experience formal night in the main dining room. The menu was the same as the other diners, but the wine flowed and we were offered one of the shots of the day after dinner. They took our table photo and it was delivered to our cabin with the Engineers compliments. He was in charge of the some of the stretching of the Enchantment, so between small talk with his daughter and learning about Norway and hearing about the stretch it was a very enjoyable evening!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with the Captain   Dinner with the Captain Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 10:51 am

Well if Pete's counting Fire Captains yes many times with my both my brother and brother in-law. But with a ships Captain no.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with the Captain   Dinner with the Captain Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:06 am

Barbee524 wrote:
Well if Pete's counting Fire Captains yes many times with my both my brother and brother in-law. But with a ships Captain no.

Yea...they never let me drive the ship...... WhenPigsFly

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with the Captain   Dinner with the Captain Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:14 am

thank goodness they won't let you drive the ship
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with the Captain   Dinner with the Captain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dinner with the Captain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Message Board Information :: Frequently Asked Questions-
Jump to: