Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+14
cruisemasters
Exairgoddess1
TwitchOR
cruisenfever
frudutx
critterchick
Murphy
barbeeAL
crzy4cruising
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
nancyk2sea
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 1:16 pm

Morning everyone....................

Yes, I had an email from June last Friday and they were expecting bad winds to arrive this past Monday. Susan...........if you could............would you direct your blower just slightly south west.

Chris, no I was not dieting nor was I shoveling snow..................I just went back to my normal eating habits before Jim retired..............and that's eating one meal a day. This breakfast, lunch and dinner thing was doing me in. I have more energy now than I did before.............guess food makes me lethargic. affraid

Sorry Ginny.............I do not want those pounds back.

Well, off to clean again..........................
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 2:01 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

Patti, I just knew you would say that. lol!

Doing some paperwork if I get off the boards and then a little later have a haircut.

Praying for June and family.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:40 pm

Yay Yay Yay My living room and hallway to the bedrooms is clean!! Now I see why I don't do this very often. Embarassed

Jen, forgot to congratulate you on your upgrade. The upgrade fairy does exist.

Kathy, that RC thread is history. Shocked Gosh, and it was getting to be such fun. Never did get my answer from "fred" on what reimbursements are given to RCs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:18 pm

Patti--actually, they cleaned up that thread and locked it........ http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=932627 UNLESS you mean the other RC thread/s............there have been so many,I cant keep track..............

Guess I'll go start dinner........making salmon and sauteeing spinach.........Dennis should be home by 6 and being the good little woman I am,I'll have dinner waiting for him..........heheheh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:49 pm

WOW Jen, NICE upgrade! Congrats!!! Congratulations
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:50 pm

Back home--how I hate winter. All was fine on the trip north but coming back we had thunder/lightening ice and snow. Not sure how Ken did it, just so hard to see the road. We were driving his his truck and in 4-wheel most of the time. SIL slept most of the way back and missed the fun.

Patti--you are so good with your cleaning. Could never survive on one meal a day, have to have three plus three snacks to keep blood sugar level. Really makes weight loss hard.

Hope Sheila arrived with no weather problems--
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:53 pm

I missed Sheila's post about June and her daughter yesterday. I'm sending good vibes their way, too!

I'm still waiting for a confirmation, but it appears that I'll be able to transfer my cancelled Jewel coastal to Radiance, even though they weren't offering it as an option. BUT they won't let us downgrade from an OS to a GS (I like the GS balcony) "because they're protecting our fare." WTF???? Keeping us in an OS will cost them an extra $1000. But they just can't think outside the box. No wonder the sky is falling in Miami... Not that the OS will be a hardship by any stretch of the imagination, mind you....

Kathy, the itineraries are completely different - the Jewel is Western Caribbean and Radiance is Mexican Riviera. They seem to think that keeping the passenger on the same ship is more important than the itinerary. It was worse with Celebrity - when they cancelled Australia/New Zealand, they offered the Caribbean as an alternative. Actually, they didn't offer me squat, as they never called me at all. I think RCI was willing to let me change to Radiance because they had also cancelled her sailings.

Patti, I have left Don to fend for himself in the kitchen while I launch a full assault on the weight I've gained over the past 10 years. I seldom ate a full dinner when I was single - just a plate of pasta or chicken/fish & veggies would be fine. When I married Mr. Three Square Meals (no relation to Spongebob, LOL), I was suddenly having meat plus a starch, rolls with butter and dessert every night. Then I got a desk job and that was the end of me. So he can have what he wants, but I'm not cooking it for him until I'm down at least 20lbs. I've lost 8 so far this year, kinda stalled with two cruises in a row.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:53 pm

critterchick wrote:
I missed Sheila's post about June and her daughter yesterday. I'm sending good vibes their way, too!

I'm still waiting for a confirmation, but it appears that I'll be able to transfer my cancelled Jewel coastal to Radiance, even though they weren't offering it as an option. BUT they won't let us downgrade from an OS to a GS (I like the GS balcony) "because they're protecting our fare." WTF???? Keeping us in an OS will cost them an extra $1000. But they just can't think outside the box. No wonder the sky is falling in Miami... Not that the OS will be a hardship by any stretch of the imagination, mind you....

Kathy, the itineraries are completely different - the Jewel is Western Caribbean and Radiance is Mexican Riviera. They seem to think that keeping the passenger on the same ship is more important than the itinerary. It was worse with Celebrity - when they cancelled Australia/New Zealand, they offered the Caribbean as an alternative. Actually, they didn't offer me squat, as they never called me at all. I think RCI was willing to let me change to Radiance because they had also cancelled her sailings.

Patti, I have left Don to fend for himself in the kitchen while I launch a full assault on the weight I've gained over the past 10 years. I seldom ate a full dinner when I was single - just a plate of pasta or chicken/fish & veggies would be fine. When I married Mr. Three Square Meals (no relation to Spongebob, LOL), I was suddenly having meat plus a starch, rolls with butter and dessert every night. Then I got a desk job and that was the end of me. So he can have what he wants, but I'm not cooking it for him until I'm down at least 20lbs. I've lost 8 so far this year, kinda stalled with two cruises in a row.
Good for you that you were able to transfer............an OS won't be hard to take.

Eating habits.............when I worked and even after I retired..........I only ate one meal. OK, if I got hungry I would have something..........but not a full meal. Jim has to eat three meals plus snacks because of being diabetic.

So he retires in June of 2006.............. affraid like Don........it was 3 meals a day (love the SpongeBob......but have to add Square Pants to it). Anywho...........he kept telling me that I had to eat..........my doctor kept telling me I have to eat to lose weight.................NOT. This body is not used to eating all that food. So I just told both Jim and my doctor to bug off and let me do my own thing.................and it is working.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:18 pm

So I get to work this morning and the boss is booting up an old laptop his wife brought from her old work. She gave him a couple of them. He was reformatting it because they've blocked several website on our network and now he can't listen to XM radio via his work laptop. So he gave me one of the spares. It's so cool to be able to keep the machine booted up full time with my embroidery stuff. I already have my software loaded and am hooked to the internet. Need to get some virus software installed.

Too cool, glad I didn't go buy a new one.

d
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:39 pm

D--how nice for you, good going

Just had an email, we got upgraded to a BA from a BF on our Princess in August, this cruise will move us to the next level and internet time--such good news!!
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:02 pm

Hi everyone,

I try to be like Chris and remember what everyone has been doing since I last posted - she must make a list!

So hope everyone who had the galloping crud is feeling better.

Well done to everyone getting upgrades and booking cruises.

Big it sucks to Jean, trying to sort through the RCCL mess and get the cruise you want.

Congrats to those losing weight, that's so difficult.

I guess it's too late to send bon voyage to Jill, but the friend I went to Mexico with is on the same cruise. She hasn't cruised for at least 10 years, so I hope she likes it.

Kathy - glad Dennis is back to normal.

Diane - Way to go with the computer.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:29 pm

You know I forgot to mention that I noticed that the Bradford Pear trees are starting to bloom. I guess that all of this mild weather that we're having makes them think that Spring is here already.

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:51 pm

D.......congrats on the laptop.......that's awesome!!

Patti.....lucky u........I tend to need 3 meals a day at least to keep bld sugar level otherwise I get really shaky.......lots of protein....and yup, makes it tough......I used to do one meal a day but it's too difficult to work that way anymore.

Nancy........congrats on the upgrade fairy..........

Two visits in one week and both princess!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Personally, have never been upgraded ........and since we're a few points away from dplus I guess it'll be a while yet!

j
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 1:28 am

nancyk2sea wrote:
D--how nice for you, good going

Just had an email, we got upgraded to a BA from a BF on our Princess in August, this cruise will move us to the next level and internet time--such good news!!

Wow, congrats, Nancy! If you aren't already on Caribe Deck, those are great - the balconies are half covered and huge - even bigger than the minisuite balconies. Most of those cabins are BA, so if there's one available, I'll bet that they'll let you switch.

Jul, I've never gotten an upgrade, either. We did book a Cat C guarantee on Vision (before they had the JS category) and ended up in 8088, corner aft with a huge wraparound balcony. Same category, but pick of the litter.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 12:13 pm

Morning all gonna get cooler here over the weekend but that's ok.

Thinking of Jill and Dave hoping they have a wonderful time on their cruise.

Guess we'll be hearing from Marilyn and Bob on Monday.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 1:03 pm

Morning everyone.................it's 50 degrees right now and raining. Going down to the 30's later this afternoon with snow.

Congratulations to all who got upgrades on Princess. We've done 2 Princess cruises and enjoyed both. Our best was on Sea Princess down in the Caribbean. Jean2 was with us. The food was outstanding and we had the best Head Waiter.

Off to lunch with friends...............ya all behave yourselves.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 2:08 pm

Good morning, all! I have no idea what the weather forecast is for the weekend, but I'm hoping to get in some nice long walks with Blanca (Carmen gets shorter ones). They are all nice, clean and fluffy today, after their spa day at the vet. Carmen loves it there, but Blanca has BIG separation anxiety issues and being caged for the day doesn't help.

Hoping everybody has a great day today!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 2:10 pm

Morning all-

Congrats Nancy on your upgrade! I don't know anything about Princess categories, but I think we are now a BB category.

Congrats on the laptop Diane!

Good to hear from you Jean2!

It is Sunny and clear today, very pretty and crisp. The trees are starting to bloom here also. We are supposed to get another rain storm Saturday night, and the snow campers are expecting 1 to 2 ft of snow!

Have a good day everyone!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 2:11 pm

Jean did you post any pictures of Paradise?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 2:52 pm

Hi From Kankakee, We had a good flight but after we arrived it rained and it rained and it rained some more. Then we had thunder and lightning and this morning we woke up to snow. Boy Susan you really get it all don't you. Nancy, I'm sure we got what you drove home in as it came across.

Congrats on the upgrade BTW You'll have to invite us to your balcony from our lowly cave. I don't know where we are yet.

Patti I couldn't make it on 1 meal but I can make it on meal bar and try to do that when I can.

Di, congrat on the lap top. You'll love having it.

Jean 2 good to hear from you.

l8r all

Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:01 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
Hi From Kankakee, We had a good flight but after we arrived it rained and it rained and it rained some more. Then we had thunder and lightning and this morning we woke up to snow. Boy Susan you really get it all don't you. Nancy, I'm sure we got what you drove home in as it came across.

Congrats on the upgrade BTW You'll have to invite us to your balcony from our lowly cave. I don't know where we are yet.

Patti I couldn't make it on 1 meal but I can make it on meal bar and try to do that when I can.

l8r all

Sheila this actually makes laptop #2 for me! We'll have 4 PC's in the house between the 2 of us. No shortage of geeks in Fairview.

Have a great time.

d
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:28 pm

Back home, still bad roads as we drove north but nice and sunny here at home.

Sheila--this upgrade was not bad, the prices have come down a lot

Hope all of you have a fun weekend--
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 7:15 pm

Hi all......

Sounds as if we need to go on Princess.........upgrade fairy is alive and well there.....Thats the way it should be........

Im with those of you who have been eating too much.....If it was up to Dennis,we'd eat 4 meals a day......eating is his answer to everything....now with him gone,hope I lose a few............been going to the gym and trying really hard....would like to wear shorts on my next cruise........

Glad to hear you made it safe,Sheila......bet everyone was glad to see you and Bob...

Nice score on the laptop,Diane.......we have one and I consider that's Dennis....I have a hard time typing on it.........

Nice to hear from you Jean2......you need to get on here more often.....

A spa day for the dogs,Jean?? They get massages??????

I just came back from my original nail place........I noticed my polish from the "new" place looked crappy,so I went back to where I used to go..........color on my toes is Cajun Shrimp...

Real nice day......was 84 last I looked and more for tomorrow.......BUT Sunday,only 50......

Happy Friday all...............
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 8:05 pm

frudutx wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:

l8r all

Sheila this actually makes laptop #2 for me! We'll have 4 PC's in the house between the 2 of us. No shortage of geeks in Fairview.

Have a great time.

d

Alabama as well...we each have 2 desktops, 2 laptops & a blackberry.... affraid
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 9:01 pm

PH8 wrote:

Nice to hear from you Jean2......you need to get on here more often.....

A spa day for the dogs,Jean?? They get massages??????

Real nice day......was 84 last I looked and more for tomorrow.......BUT Sunday,only 50......
Kathy - I lurk, but my life is pretty boring compared with everyone else, so I keep quiet most of the time.

One of my dogs is going to the spa Monday - a couple of hours of de-matting, bathing and brushing. Fortunately she likes going there, she likes going anywhere - she hasn't met a person she doesn't like. Both my dogs like massages, and you can even take classes on doggie massage! Portland sure is a very doggie city. DoggieBreak DoggieBreak

If the temperature reaches 50 between November and March, we all think we've been transported to Arizona!!

I'm working this weekend so I'll be on the computer - may even chat, too.

June and I have just booked HAL Zaandam to Alaska June 19 - 26, 2008. Can you believe she's flying all this way just for a week? Though she'll be staying with me for a week before the cruise, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next