Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 8:41 pm

I've been meaning to ask if anyone has watched Kevin Bacon in the made for TV movie Taking Chance? It was on HBO. John & I watched it last week and I still tear up just thinking about it. It's very emotional, I have a whole different respect for Kevin after watching him in this movie. Yes I know it was a part but it must have been very difficult to play that particular role. I command him.

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 8:49 pm

how funny..........my bff just told me yday that "taking chance' is a must see and a tear jerker.....
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 8:56 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
how funny..........my bff just told me yday that "taking chance' is a must see and a tear jerker.....

Have plenty of tissues handy for both of you!

d
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Wow, you gals have been chatty today!

I cleaned house all morning, then went to Costco in the pouring rain, hoping everyone else had stayed home, but it was packed as usual.

I have Rosemary and Burgundy beef tips simmering on the stove for dinner.

I was supposed to have jury duty tomorrow, but now have to call back tomorrow night for Tuesday. Hope I don't have to go. I have to much stuff to get done at work this week.
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 10:21 pm

rose bushes are cut down---wow what a chore, long over due to be done

roast & veggies were yummy--now I've got to go and put up the rest of it & take a shower. guess I can still work on the extra bedroom.

I am spoiled from watching all my shows on dvr, so I hate watching them live as I have to watch commercials. wonder who will be eliminated on AR tonight. My fav is the deaf kid and his mom---course that's because I used to teach the deaf.

later
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 10:42 pm

Whew!!!!! Worked my butt off today...(Patti made me do it), and talked to Virginia (felt guilty doing nothing) so I got busy in my overflowing closet. Six veeeeeeeeery large bags, plus two more that I'd done before. Martha did help me. I tossed and she folded and put them in bags. Of course there's an abundance of hangers now.
Mar & Jean - Welcome back and glad you had a great time.
Shorty - Happy everything went nicely and that you're enjoying the visit.
Patti - Didn't watch the race, but just saw on the news that our local boy won.
Bren - Seems we both worked hard today. Still have a way to go, but did get a lot accomplished.
Wendy - Sorry it's cold in FL. We've had very nice weather, but supposed to drop to the 50's this week...with wind AGAIN.
Kathy - DUH...I can't believe I did that on FB. Never noticed and you would have thought my daughter would have had a field day letting me know about it. Oh well, No one calls me Christina anyway.
Diane - Marley did me in...but will try and catch that movie. Thanks for mentioning it here.
Susan - Hope it's not an expensive fix....and that you're staying warm.
Jean2 - You'll need lots of tissues for Marley.
Julie - Enjoy the kiddos.
Jen - Sounds like a bunch of us worked hard today. Dinner sounds yummy.
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 10:51 pm

chris--do you take notes while reading the posts? wow, what a good memory.

gotta get off of here & work on the roast
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 10:54 pm

Chris.........what a GR8 memory...........and yup, when I'm pages behind, sometimes I'll jot notes to what I need to respond to.

Dinner was good.......chicken pasta (the nameless one that is kinda mediterranean).......

Hope all have a good evening........2 hours of Brothers and Sisters about to start so NOOO computer during that.

j
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 10:58 pm

Good Evening Ladies,

Son went out to Outback and picked up dinner for us. I haven't done anything today and decided not to feel guilty that the rest of you are working hard and cleaning your homes while I watch the dust collect on the coffee table. lol!

Back to watching HGTV.
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 11:13 pm

Virginia - I REALLY, REALLY missed my usual afternoon nap, hope I can make it through AR.

No great memory here...remember I'm the senior PB! I do take notes sometimes, sometimes I just scroll back, and MOST the rest of the time, I DO forget someone.

Hmmmm...Wondering why my last post ran all together. I always double space. Will see what it does this time. Strange... BeamMeUp
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:17 am

Welcome home, Mar! I'll be emailing you that picture you wanted shortly. I'm glad you had a good time. When we were onboard in March they had 2 P/D parties, one for each seating, in the Lotus Lounge. That was nice although they didn't have quite enough seats. We were near the kitchen, which meant they could get our drinks faster, LOL.

I spent the day in the garden - I had a couple of overgrown plants that needed serious trimming. So it was the hot tub after that - ahhhh.

Jen, could you post the recipe for your rosemary & Burgundy beef tips? It sounds divine!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:06 am

Morning all, it was a long weekend.

I actually got a complete nights sleep no phone calls and no pages. Hope I can stay awake today. Laughing

Sounds like everyone had really nice weekends and got some serious cleaning done. All I managed was the closet and a little reorganizing in my craft room.

So Brenda you're the next one in the chute (no pun intended) for a cruise. Y'all ready. Hopefully the weather for Voyager will be better for you then it was for us. Of course you may have the munchins from Spring Break to contend with affraid . I know our district is off 3/16 - 3/20 but schools in this area stagger that week off.

Anyway need to get at it.

d
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:14 am

Good morning--

D--good for you to get a whole night of sleep

cold again, 8......have I said how I dislike the cold?

Sheila--watching the weather in your area, do you think you will fly?
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:15 am

Yes Sheila how did the dedication go? Did he behave himself?

d
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:21 am

Kathy--next time you update the cruise list, you can take the two Solstice cruises for us in Nov. off of the list. We have added Voyager TA for Nov. 2009,

Brenda--note we booked the Voyager TA for Nov. The cabin we wanted was open so we booked and will hope all has settled here so we can get away.

We are still thinking positive thoughts that all will be good here and we can do the Radiance cruise next month.
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:29 am

Nancy--whoooohooooooooooo. I am the keeper of the list & will add you guys. so which cabin did you snag? we have an aft D1 on 10!!!!! only thing that would be better is if the corner aft would open up!!! it appears to be a good, friendly group. I HOPE to learn how to do a web-site and do one for that sailing

Diane--loved the pun & no I ain't even close to being ready to START packing. thought about maybe starting today. this could be a "bad" pack as we are driving & I tend to take waaaaaaaaaaaay more than I need. I hope the weather is good too, but actually I don't care--it's just a relaxation thing. yep munchins, hope they behave. there are a bunch of schools in the Houston area & San Antonio area that are out March 9-13, so potentially it could be kids running amuck :taz: . I'm not worried, I'll just give them my teacher look. plus we can just stay on our balcony if it gets too bad. someone on the roll call said there could be up to 1000 kids, not sure where they pulled that number from, but I refuse to let it ruin my trip. hopefully they will be polite little Texan kids who know their manners Laughing roflmao

BTW, what do you do Dianne?
off to do something productive
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:34 am

Brenda--we snagged the corner aft on 7, had friends there last year and really liked the huge balcony. I do have a different name on the other site, maybe wait a bit to post until our plans are more firm.

Love being able to drive to a port, it is so much easier to pack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:37 am

Morning..........

Good night for TV..first TAR....(wont say anything about any shows incase some have not watched them yet..).......love,love the countries..so much prettier than Mumbai..........

Then I watched Brothers and Sisters...............recorded Apprentice and will watch that later............how come some nights,lots of good shows.other nights,none??

Chris--I noticed the way you spelled your name,but didnt know that wasnt right...Never saw your full legal name anywhere.........hope you can fix it....looks easy enuf to do..

I too takes notes sometimes,cuz I cant seem to scroll back more than the current page.......can anyone do that????

Brenda........I think you get more spring breakers on shorter cruises....the college kids cant afford the 7 nighters............My next one is during spring break and Im sure I'll see my fair share...........

Happy Monday all......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:43 am

Currently on:
Jill--Grand Princess 14 nt Caribbean Collection(till March 13)

March
8th--Brenda-Voyager-WCarib
26th--Grandeur-Kathy-WCarib

April
12th--Sheila--Radiance--BuenosAires to Valpariso
19th--Jean/Marilyn/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
26th--Patti/Sheila/Nancy--Radiance--SoAmerica to San Diego
27th--Kathy--Monarch--Bahamas

May

7th--Jen-StarPrincess-PacCoastal
8th--Chris/Martha/Ginny--Rhapsody--Alaska
9th--Jen-HAL Westerdam-PacCoastal
10th--Marilyn--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
11th--Brenda-Radiance--Alaska
16th--Jean--AzamaraBest of Italy
22nd--Susan--Monarch--Bahamas

Jun
8th--Barb--Monarch--Bahamas
8th--Michelle--Majesty--Bahamas
19th--Jean#2--HAL Zaandam--Alaska

July
1st-Kathy/Jen/Jul/Ginny--QM2--Canada/NE
19th-Susan--Viking RiverCruise--Grand European Tour

Aug
29th--Sheila/Nancy--CaribbeanPrincess--Can/NE

Sept
2nd--Patti--Jewel--TA
6th--Marilyn--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
19th--Sharon--Brilliance--Med/Venice

Oct
4th--Kathy--Freedom--ECarib
4th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
25th--Diane--Adventure--SoCarib

Nov
8th-Martha/Chris/Wendy--Carnival Splendor-Mexican Riveria
8th-Jill--Freedom--ECarib
16th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
21st--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
23th--Barb-- Independence--England & PARIS TA
29th--Brenda/Nancy--Voyager-TA
30th--Wendy--Radiance--MexicanRiveria

Dec
6th--Marilyn--Mariner--MexicanRiveria
12th--Jean2--CrownPrincess--WCarib
20th--Michelle--QM2--Eastern/SouthernCarib(15nts)
26th--Jean--SapphirePrincess--MexicanRiveria

Jan
9th--Jul--Oasis--ECarib
16th--Jul--Oasis--ECarib

Feb
14th--Susan/Jill/Kathy-Solstice-ECarib
26th--Sheila/Nancy--Rhapsody--Australia(b2b)
27th--Brenda--Navigator--ECarib

March
2nd--Jean--Jewel--Vancouver to San Diego repo
15th--Sheila/Nancy--Rhapsody--Australia/New Zealand

April
2nd--Brenda--Rhapsody--Barrier Reef/Sydney
10th/17th (B2B)--Patti/Chris/Martha--Serenade-SoCarib
12th--Sheila/Brenda--Rhapsody--Sydney to Hawaii
12th--Marilyn--Radiance--extended Mexican Riviera

June
28th--Michelle--CaribbeanPrincess-SoCarib

July--Jen--Alaska

Oct
9th--Jill/Diane/Sharon--Oasis--ECarib
30th--Jen/Sheila/Ginny/Nancy--Oasis--WCarib

Dec--POLAR BEARS Reunion--RCCL-Holiday Cruise(out of NJ)

Jul-Cunard Cruise Lines Double Transit (including Europe) cruise in 2010

June
11th-Sheila/Michelle-Carnival Magic--Italy
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:10 pm

Nancy--will do, just let me know or come to the roll call and I will add you guys. looks liek a lot of folks have booked the Jazz hotel--we try to use my bil's hotel points (we're CHEAP)

kathy--Sunday is a good night, isn't it. I taped AR & haven't watched yet. did watch B&S--I wanted to fast forward through the commercials!!! don't watch Apprentice--tried, but just not my cup of tea.

actually Kathy, the college kids don't bother me, it's the young ones that the parents let run loose.

ok, I am really going now to do somethig productive!!!
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:18 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

Lots of paper work and studying to complete today. Hope you'll have a lovely day.
flower
Back to top Go down
cruisemasters
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
cruisemasters

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:51 pm

Good Day,

March 1st....and we've got snow. Cold too! BRRRRRR!

Hope everyone is enjoying their day! Gotta go back and catch up on some pages, but wanted to say hi first Cheers .....could take sometime to read them all.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:03 pm

Gmorning all

Kathy...........I can scroll back pages....just click on the page number and it lets me see that page...Can't u do that????

Cold here too.....definitely ready for spring.....

Going to dr for shoulder today....hopefully just some more vicoden and muscle relaxants.....I do NOT want a load of xrays and mri's....I'm pretty confident what it is....time will tell!!!

j
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:20 pm

Here's the code for 25% off at Coldwater Creek if anyone is interested....WKH1634
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:02 pm

PH8 wrote:

Brenda........I think you get more spring breakers on shorter cruises....the college kids cant afford the 7 nighters............My next one is during spring break and Im sure I'll see my fair share...........

In Texas lots of parents take their kids on cruises for Spring break. They also use it for early graduation presents.

d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: