Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 12:51 pm

Morning everyone................it's a very nice day here.........chilly but the sun is shining.

Wising everyone a great Sunday..........................
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 1:36 pm

Good morning from gray Oregon.

Patti - The credit card things is scary - there's no way to know the card is compromised.

Sheila - Someone from Delaware won Powerball last night - $170 million. Hope it was you. TwoCents

Lesley isn't joining us on the Alaska cruise and if anyone would like to join us we'll be happy for the company.

All this talk of food is making me hungry, but a colleague just made a Starbucks run so I have my 20 oz decaf. mocha, which should hold me for a couple of hours.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 1:47 pm

Jean it's good to hear from you this weekend! Starbucks sounds good right now... can you send me a cup???

I have a pork shoulder roast in the crock pot with a McCormick's seasoning packet to make BBQ Pulled pork. It's just starting to smell yummy in here!!!
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 2:16 pm

mornign all

Paul Harvey had a very distinctive voice--very sing songy, with inflections on the end of sentences. He also would say Page 2 or whatever.

must be roast day. I went to store after church and couldn't resist the price of the chuck roast & 2 jumped in my basket. It's back to cold--we were 92 on Thursday & in the upper 20's last night--good ol Texas weather. figured it would be a good day to cook roast--then I put it in individual containers and freeze it--hmmmmm, can't wait to smell the garlic.

good suggestion about the cell phone registration on teh credit cards, I never thought of that.

off to get the roasts in the oven, then cleaning the extra bedroom--my cruise crap is somewhere on the bed--under all the crap I want to sell on ebay. gotta find it so I can PACK!!!!!!! this time next week, I hope I will be waiting at the pier to get on the Voyager --whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooohoooooooooooo
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 3:32 pm

Happy Sunday--we had 5 degrees this am, I am so ready for warmer weather

Kathy--glad you liked the new recipe, like I said, I have it here but just have not tried it yet--soon

Patti--glad your credit card co. was on the ball
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 5:09 pm

Isn't it about time we the thread rolled over to a new page - we're up to 74 pages.

Still gray here, and raining too. Just about to have lunch - microwaved salmon and vegetables. All those roast sound much better.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 5:15 pm

Jean, your salmon sounds good to me! Hard to get good seafood here in the midwest!

Yes, unfortunately, we will "roll" pretty soon! I hate when that happens!
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 5:36 pm

I think I missed something--what do you mean by page rolling to a new one--don't we go to the next page ALL of the time?

roast is smelling good--just put in the veggies. decided it is just tooooooooooo darn pretty outside and so I am going to do some yard work---this is why the inside of my house looks like it does--I'd rather be OUTSIDE than inside.
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 5:38 pm

been meaning to ask. Jean 2 is that YOUR dog in your avatar?

I foiund a puppy yesterday and was sooooo proud of myself--I didn't keep it!!!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 5:42 pm

Brenda, the entire roll call is going to start another roll call page pretty soon. Not just add another page, but this thread we've been posting on will lock and a new thread will automatically generate... it's confusing the first time you experience it, but if you look at all the 2007 roll call pages, you'll see what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 5:43 pm

Oppps! Too late to explain!!! It already happened! Hope you find us Brens....
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 5:58 pm

y'all can't get rid of me that easily Rolling Eyes

so how often does it do that? I have e-mail notification and it brought me right here to page 8, which used to be page 74!! YEP works for me confused
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 6:15 pm

Hi All, The baby dedication was beautiful. We all cried and Parker smiled and was too cute through the whole thing. We all went out to lunch and now great grand daddy and aunt Candace are on their way back tio the airport to fly back to Sarasota and Dallas and the Oklahoma City gang are in the car driving back. We are here along with Caley's parents 'til tomorrow. I think there's a noreaster coming up the coast tonight so we may be delayed. We've sure had a good tme here.

The young folks went into the city yesterday and they froze. Glad we stayed home here.

Have a great day all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 6:26 pm

Hi all.......

Sounds like the dedication went beautifully,Sheila.......hope you have pics to share...

All those roasts sound so yummy........we ate lunch out at seafood place......I had pollock and shrimp......broiled--trying to be good.......How was your seafood Jean??? I bought those steamer bags that you can put food in and cook in the microwave,.,.,.,.,.havent tried it yet..

Jen-your crab dinner sounds REALLY good.......Im with you....hate when they are hard to open...

Nancy-----that recipe was so good,I bought the ingredients again today..Publix has the beans BYGO....and they were lower sodium!!

Brenda--so what did you do with the pup????If I had a farm,I would have LOTS of dogs......but I would need someone to watch them when I went away.....

It is sooooooooooo windy here,the trees are almost sideways.....makes it a bit nippy out.........
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 6:41 pm

Brenda - The avatar is a generic one, but it looks like Holly. I haven't learned how to upload my own photos. I may try after she comes back from grooming tomorrow. The problem is geting both dogs to sit close to each other for long enough for me to take a photo. DoggieBreak DoggieBreak

Unfortunately the salmon was frozen from Safeway, but we do have great salmon here, I was just too lazy to buy some and bake it. Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 6:43 pm

Hey, thought I lost you all for a minute. That roll over thing had me going for a minute.

Kathy-Wow, is it chilly or what in Florida right now? Yesterday's weather was picture perfect. About 78 here, just beautiful. This morning was a shocker with the rain and wind. We went to church then to Bob Evans after church and it really was downright cold with short sleeves on. I think tomorrow is supposed to be as cold too and then warms up later in the week.

We went to the Red Barn on Friday. (it's a big, huge flea market & fresh veggie/fruit market) Yesterday we went to Kohls and Bealls Outlet and Bon Worth. Didnt buy much, pair of pj's, sandals, and shorts. They have so many shopping plaza's here and eating places. More per square mile than in Illinois, that's for sure.

Tomorrow we may go to a 50 cent movie place. Marley & Me. I read the book last year so I know it will be cute and know how it ends. We rented Changeling last night and watched it. :tv: Pretty good and I didn't realize it was a true story till we rented it. Long movie, 2 hours 20 minutes. I do recommend it.

Well, just wanted to give my TwoCents. DH watching the Illini game (he's a HUGE fan) and so I'm just catching up on the posts here. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 6:51 pm

my neighbor's dad took it for his ranch. cute pup--we think it was part bird dog, but 3 is enough for me. and since I am leaving next Sat for a cruise...

Marley & Me is a great movie--it follows the book rather well. my poor friend that I went to see it with, isn't even a dog person (maybe that's why it caught her off guard so) and she was sobbing at the end. I grew up on a farm, now don't get me wrong, my dogs are my fur babies, but the life cycle is what it is. I was sobbing too, but was not surprised at what happened. I read the book AFTER I saw the movie. When we were booked on the original inaugural for Oasis, the author's mom was on the roll call. we ain't doing Oasis anymore, we're doing a little mystery cruise with a bunch of nice people instead HappyHappyJoyJoy wait, that sounded liek the people on the oasis weren't nice, they are....oh never mind. roast & veggies are out of the oven & I am going outside to clean the car & cut back some rose bushes
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 6:54 pm

Hi All,
Back from the Mariner Pre and Inaug.....I NEED A NAP!
Ship is beautiful....love the Voyager Class,but they need more and bigger lounge type rooms....receptions in the Ice Rink is like going to a Stadium event. The Ice Show is fabulous...saw it twice.
Nothing done on the first 7 day Inaugural to celebrate it in any way...in fact they didn't even do a parade as the singer/dancer troupe came on in LA and their priority was they 2 Production shows.

Great seeing Jean and Don again....got a cute picture of them dancing and Jean in her lovely long gown! Another 6 weeks and we will all be back together again...Whoppee!

Need some sleep!..............ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz Sleep (talk about burning the candle.....)
Mar~
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 6:56 pm

PS...forgot to mention....Marianne and Herb were onboard so got to talk with her for awhile.

Mar~
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 7:06 pm

Sheila--glad to hear all is going well, do share the pix when you get the chance

Mar--good to see you back with us, sounds like you had a great time. Agree on having parties at the ice rink, just not easy to visit when sitting stadium style.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 7:30 pm

That's what I didn't like about the Freedom... most of the events were either in the Promenade with no seating, or in the ice rink. YUCK! I was pleased that the only time I "had" to go to the ice rink on the AOS was to actually see the ice show... and Quest. And Quest was immediately after the 70's street parade and by the time we got there, it was standing room only, so we left. Somehow they managed to hold all other events in the lounges, BUT there were very few 'repeaters" on-board. About 1000 total C & A members and only 85-90 D/D+....

Mar glad you enjoyed yourself and if you need a nap after a cruise, it must have been a good time!

Sheila, I'm glad you had a good time and if you get stuck here an extra day or two, I'm sure you won't mind a bit! More snuggle time with Parker!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 7:45 pm

Ran to the city to ck out Circuit City's last 8 days of selling......everything was about 40-50% off......but I think they picked the retails out of the sky cuz their big screen tv's were higher than Best Buy's ads this week!!.........typical!! no wonder they went broke.

Back home and entertaining kiddos now.........

Welcome back Mar and Jean........hope y'all had a great time!

j
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 7:47 pm

Welcome back,Mar.................glad to hear you had a good time............I miss the Mariner..... Crying or Very sad

Wendy------it is cold,isnt it?? I just turned the heat on.........couple more days than back into the 80s,I hope.........I forget exactly where you are........

Loved Marley and me and I dont know anyone can walk away with dry eyes...........I read the book first........thats when I worked in Barnes and Noble and they let us take books home for 2 weeks...........just like a library.......

Jul-we went to CC the other day too................it is a rip off.........like you said,cheaper prices elsewhere............
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 8:17 pm

Welcome back Marilyn & Bob glad to hear that you enjoyed Mariner.

We'll be anxious to hear more details of your cruise. I think the problem with the lounge sizes is that they were after thoughts on some of the Voyager Class ships and so they sort of stuck them where they had room.

I love the Mexican Med itinerary and had considered another cruise there before we booked Adventure.

Well need to get back to work.

d
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 8:35 pm

Haven't seen Marley, or read the book but I'll catch it on HBO some time and bawl at home! Sad Sad

Welcome back Mar, glad you had a good time. Hope to cruise with you on Mariner one day. Was hoping for May but I'm off work the week before. Sounds like it tkes most of the week just to explore the ship!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: