Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Princess special offers

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Princess special offers Empty
PostSubject: Princess special offers   Princess special offers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:26 pm

Princess sometimes does mailings/emails with phenomenally low prices to 'some' of their past passengers. We're coming up on our 21st cruise with them and have never received one of their special offers (although my TA has managed to get us included on one we heard about).

My question is this: How does one get on this list?? is it by way of being a customer of a very high volume Princess agency?
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Princess special offers   Princess special offers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:46 pm

I got an email with really low prices from Princess and tried to book it, but of course when I called they knew nothing about the email or the low price! It's a scam!
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Princess special offers   Princess special offers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:51 pm

kohaladonah wrote:
Princess sometimes does mailings/emails with phenomenally low prices to 'some' of their past passengers. We're coming up on our 21st cruise with them and have never received one of their special offers (although my TA has managed to get us included on one we heard about).

My question is this: How does one get on this list?? is it by way of being a customer of a very high volume Princess agency?

As a past passenger, you should already be receiving them. My suggestion is to go to the Princess Captain's Circle website and make sure you are registered there. Ensure that your profile has your correct address, email address, and Captain's Circle number. Finally, make sure that you've made the correct selection to allow Princess to mail or email offers to you. If you accidentally told them not send you stuff so that you would minimize SPAM, then you may have gotten off their list. Updating your profile should correct that.

Or, ask one of the friendly, reliable travel agents on this board to forward the emails to you on a regular basis. Wink

As for the emails being a scam, talk to a reliable travel agent. Make sure to give them the promo code for the offer, which should be located in the fine print at the bottom. That will make finding the offer much, much easier.

Now, Princess is very good about making sales offers that are "from" a certain dollar value and then adding an asterisk. If you follow to the fine print, it will tell you that the price quoted is limited to one particular sailing during the year and is limited to the first 25 cabins sold, or something like that. So, while the offers are legitimate, they are very tightly controlled.
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com

PostSubject: Re: Princess special offers   Princess special offers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:21 pm

I do get all the Capt's circle stuff, am listed to get mail and email (not phone calls) on the profile, am listed to get notice of all 'last minute' stuff, etc. etc. so maybe these 'specials' are regional promotions or something...Princess NEVER seems to do regional promos for people living in Hawaii...

How this all came up - We are booked on Pacific Princess for Mar 27 & April 10 FLL-Manaus and back and a friend with whom we are traveling heard about this amazing price offer (balcony guarantee for less than the price of the lowest inside cabin on the Princess website) Her TA called and got it extended to them, she told us, our TA called and got the price for us as well, so it wasn't a scam or anything, but my poor TA spent hours browbeating Princess into giving us the special price. I just wanted to know if there was some way to get 'on the list' so we don't have to go through the 'whine and complain' route after hearing third hand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Princess special offers   Princess special offers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:06 pm

Once you get on Princess' mailing list their email and regular mail flyers won't stop coming!! Princess does a great job of keeping you informed of latest specials, special iteneraries, ship updates, etc.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Princess special offers   Princess special offers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:05 pm

Livabeth wrote:
Once you get on Princess' mailing list their email and regular mail flyers won't stop coming!! Princess does a great job of keeping you informed of latest specials, special iteneraries, ship updates, etc.

I agree. I get them by the dozen.
I got an email today from Capt. Pomato of Emerald Princess thanking me for our recent cruise. Somehow...I don't think he had time to send it himself.....

Princess special offers CruiseAnimationPete
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Princess special offers   Princess special offers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:08 pm

I actually get 2 of everthing from princess. I have 2 emails and must have signed up twice somehow. I would go on them again..if their beds were more comfortable
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Princess special offers   Princess special offers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 9:18 pm

You need to give them a try then, as they've just about finished a fleet wide upgrade of their bedding!

We noticed a huge difference on our last couple of cruise - I don't even bother to order the egg crate topper any more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Princess special offers   Princess special offers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Princess special offers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Travel Agent Topics :: Ask A Travel Agent-
Jump to: