Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Soldiers Angels Program

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Soldiers Angels Program - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soldiers Angels Program   Soldiers Angels Program - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 1:29 pm

Hi,
I think everyone who wants to send him emails can do so, as he said he liked getting messages. Barb is doing this month's package. There is a link to donate to the paypal account for the soldier that Pat and Tina set up. I donated this month to defray some of the costs. I'm thinking that the packages can be rotated among the members and sent to Sam.
He's a former firefighter, very young, 20 and from Tennessee. I wish him and all members of the armed forces the very best, and hope they return home soon.
Kelcie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers Angels Program   Soldiers Angels Program - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 1:44 pm

kk99 wrote:
very young, 20

Aren't they all.

If you are interested in helping send packages please send a pm to Pat and let her know what you are willing to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers Angels Program   Soldiers Angels Program - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 3:25 pm

hi - just checking in.

boca brats - if you want to get on the card rotation or send an email anytime, send me a p.m. or an email to oesnjstar@comcast.net and i'll give you his name and address.

kelcie did make a donation and i was in the store getting jerky, sunflower seeds, peanuts, etc. and skoal today. my husband donated some comedy dvds he has because he only has about a 1000 dvds although most of them are horror/sci fi. i called my friend carol who is on her way home from charleston and if she passes any tobacco stores to get me some more because the taxes in nj makes the stuff rediculous in price.

so if anyone wants email or letter writing duty let me know. i have march covered but april is just around the corner.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers Angels Program   Soldiers Angels Program - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:05 pm

I've been emailing Sam. He's from Tennesee, and very nice. He's never been on a cruise, and I've been encouraging him to come to the forum when he has time. Cruising is 'greek' to him...

Soldiers Angels Program - Page 3 CruiseAnimationPete
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers Angels Program   Soldiers Angels Program - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 9:29 pm

oh have you been emailing with him? tell him to stop calling me ma'am. LOL he is very polite. did he send you the picture of him and his 4 legged brother?
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers Angels Program   Soldiers Angels Program - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:49 pm

Yea....we have. The military teaches the ma'am thing...as well as a southern upbringing. No, I didn't see the 4 legger.

Soldiers Angels Program - Page 3 CruiseAnimationPete
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers Angels Program   Soldiers Angels Program - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:42 am

Hi everyone,
I heard from Sam this morning, so I'm posting his edited email. Have a great day,
Kelcie
"Wow kingsport,wow.So your from sullivan countyor at least lived there yea im from hawkins county.Thats how i also became a braves fan was from my mamaw she never misses a game.I went to atl. and watched a game once that was pretty cool,didnt really like atl too much though.Wow your dad knows bear bryant that is really awesome.yea im more of a college fan than pro myself however still gotta watch the colts.But yea im guessin we have alot more in common than i was expecting thats for certain but definetly cool.I hate to cut it short but i gota go on shift but take care and write back anytime any questions please feel free to ask"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers Angels Program   Soldiers Angels Program - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 10:30 am

he is so cute. thanks for the update kelcie. barb sent the march package and i am getting the april package together as i said before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers Angels Program   Soldiers Angels Program - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:25 am

It seems like Sam has responded to every e-mail he's been sent. Which I find pretty awesome since after the Soldiers Angels website states that you should not expect any response. He seems surprised that anyone he doesn't know would be willing to send him packages. I asked him if there was anything in particular he would like and his response was that he has a hard time asking for anything he doesn't feel he deserves or has earned. Well in my opinion he's putting his a** on the line for us and he has earned and deserves anything we can do for him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers Angels Program   Soldiers Angels Program - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:29 am

i totally agree barb. i had to email the kid 3 times before he would say he liked food and skoal. he comes from a military background so i guess it's just what they do and he doesn't think of it like we do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers Angels Program   Soldiers Angels Program - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 12:07 pm

Hi Pat and Barb,
I think Sam is an awesome individual. He loves talking sports, especially football. If there is anything else that needs to go in his care packages please let me know. It really is heartwarming that he is taking the time to post back to all of us given what limited free time that he has. I hope to get to meet him once he is stateside again.
Have a great Tuesday,
Kelcie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers Angels Program   Soldiers Angels Program - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 12:29 pm

kelcie - you have already made a generous donation and i'm picking things up as i pass an aisle in the store. barb got a package out to him already so in 2 weeks or so i'll have a big one - might have to go in more than 1 flat rate box.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers Angels Program   Soldiers Angels Program - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 2:57 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
might have to go in more than 1 flat rate box.

See that was my problem I kept wanting to buy more & more to send.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers Angels Program   Soldiers Angels Program - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 2:59 pm

the more you get to know him the more you want to get stuff.
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers Angels Program   Soldiers Angels Program - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:24 pm

Barbee524 wrote:
oesnjstar wrote:
might have to go in more than 1 flat rate box.

See that was my problem I kept wanting to buy more & more to send.

Be carefull, you will get like the rest of us buying 5 little lotions, 3 dental floss etc. Next thing you know you have a living room full of stuff to send.

I just got a surprise from Soldiers Angels. A invite to Southfork Ranch, where they filmed that tv show, to have lunch with Patti, the founder of Soldier's Angels. Iv never been to Parker TX, but Im thinking I should go. Id like to meet Patti in person.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers Angels Program   Soldiers Angels Program - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:48 pm

Once we get the office set up in NYC, we might be able to make a small area where we can take in "overflow" items and place them in the next care package.

And, I agree, Sam is a wonderful young man.
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers Angels Program   Soldiers Angels Program - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:15 pm

when you get your office set up people can drop by with the stuff and i'd be happy to get it and take it home for packaging. i already have a box stuffed with stuff for the 2nd mailing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers Angels Program   Soldiers Angels Program - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:16 pm

tina - have you emailed him? does he call you ma'am? LOL
Back to top Go down
NDDad
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
NDDad

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers Angels Program   Soldiers Angels Program - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:13 pm

We will be getting a package out soon too and sending letter cards and emails also!! Gotta love our Soldiers they give alot more than we can imagine We know our son was there in 2007
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers Angels Program   Soldiers Angels Program - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:27 pm

thanks rod - you better believe they do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers Angels Program   Soldiers Angels Program - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soldiers Angels Program
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: General Cruise Topics :: I Just Have To Say...-
Jump to: