Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Empty
PostSubject: And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....   And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 1:41 pm

Okay, I really do hate watching AI, but I did watch & vote for Melinda Doolittle (local girl makes good kinda story) until she was voted off....

And now this season an employee of our local Home Depot is on there, plus a girl from my daughter's college ... so I guess I'm back to catching it on the DVR, fast forwarding through the episodes so I can get to the phone numbers I have to call. Wink
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....   And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 1:51 pm

I like AI! I have an AI dinner party every Tuesday night, with a friend that likes it also, we cook dinner and then watch the show. Also really like Hell's Kitchen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....   And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 1:53 pm

haven't had the nerve to watch Hell's Kitchen yet. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....   And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:03 pm

OK I'll admit it I'm a sucker for American Idol. I don't watch Hell's Kitchen but I do like Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares. The best ones are the orginal ones on BBC America
Back to top Go down
Infi
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....   And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:20 pm

Not as into AI as I used to be, but I still watch occasionally. Saw bits of last night's episode with the 12...lots of them really screwed up on song choice IMHO. Hard to believe only 3 will make it out of that, feel bad for the other 9 who will be disappointed.

Just started watching HK last season. I really enjoy that one, Ramsey is hilarious.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....   And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:28 pm

Yea I don't like how they are splitting them up into groups. Also didn't really care for the "red room" interview bit after each one sang.

I do like the new judge though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....   And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:41 pm

The best way to watch AI is with TiVo. A 2 hour show is easily cut down to 45 minutes and the loooong result shows can be watched in 5 to 10 minutes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....   And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:59 pm

i love hell's kitchen. i also like top chef. i just like to eat.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....   And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:05 pm

You crack me up Pat! roflmao

I am pretty much an HGTV and Foodnetwork junkie too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....   And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:11 pm

it's true. i think i watch it to see what they concoct with some odd spice or something. and i watch hell's kitchen to see gordon ramsey bang his head against the wall and scream like he's going to stroke out. for a young man he'll stroke out one day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....   And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:20 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
You crack me up Pat! roflmao

I am pretty much an HGTV and Foodnetwork junkie too!
hmmm you might want to keep an eye on some of our future CF charity groups and some of the celebs we might have onboard. Wink
Back to top Go down
UtahCouple
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....   And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 5:17 pm

Erin still watches AI all the time, if I'm in the same room I'll catch glimpses of it. But it's lost it's spice for me. I did hear one of the 16 year old gals last night that was just "BAD" sounded like Karaoke Night at the local bar. Poor girl, the judges tore her up, and I'm sure the whole nation was thinking the same as me... but at 16 I can see her being scared out of her mind. That's a LOT of pressure for such a young age. But then again there's been a lot of AI contestants that were 16 before and did really well under the spot light.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....   And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 8:14 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
it's true. i think i watch it to see what they concoct with some odd spice or something. and i watch hell's kitchen to see gordon ramsey bang his head against the wall and scream like he's going to stroke out. for a young man he'll stroke out one day.

Ha! Pat I watch that show. I am waiting for that vein on the side of his head to blow at any time.
Back to top Go down
PRTTravel
Travel Agent and Bi-Lingual Host

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....   And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 9:36 am

I love Gordon Ramsey. He cracks me up. I can't wait to see tonight's episode.

As for AI.... THANK GOD they got rid of Tatiana! I mean, really!! I would have been really upset if Danny went home. Ugh. I thought Tatiana was going to collapse on stage. What a freak.

Candy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....   And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 9:46 am

jackie - i am watching to see when gordon ramsay's head goes thru the wall he's always banging it on. he is so funny. but i read his autobiography. he's a very smart businessman. he had a crappy life as a kid and he made good and really takes care of his mom and does a lot of charity work that isn't publicized. he does a lot of battered women stuff because his father wasn't very good to them when he was a kid. and when you are working yourself up in those fine french and english restaurants the chefs throw pots and stuff at the sous chefs when they screw up. so he acts like he was treated until he made good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....   And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 9:51 am

Pat,
I agree. He really is a very nice person in reality. He has come a long way, and he does take really good care of his Mum, and his family. The rants are for ratings, but it does make for some funny moments on the show. I thought I was going to puke last season when that big guy cut the tip of his finger off, and then they couldn't find it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....   And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 11:41 am

oh yeah that whiney guy cut his fingertip off. i wonder whose salad that ended up in? if you thought you could puke watching it - imagine if it was your salad. ROFLMAO
Back to top Go down
Infi
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....   And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:06 pm

Good lord that AI results show was even more bloated-seeming than usual last night. Was it just me or did everyone sound awful - Carly/Michael, the group songs, the top 12 winners? Pretty much the ones I expected made it...I expected Anoop more than the roughneck guy, but oh well. The girls were all pretty bad, but so I figured it would be 2 guys and 1 girl in the end.

So glad Tatiana went home. She was really a sore loser up there during the end, crying and sniffling all the way to the end...you're on TV, try to be a little professional.
Back to top Go down
PRTTravel

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....   And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:36 pm

Amen, Infi!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....   And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:50 pm

It's going to be interesting to see who the judges choose as their wild card picks. So far I think Anoop has a good chance of returning as a wild card.
Back to top Go down
UtahCouple
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....   And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:10 pm

Ok so I didn't watch it, but Erin tried telling me all about it... what in the hell is going on? So they went from 12 to 3?? This isn't normal protocol! How do you really get to judge a singer from 1 night, and cut 9 out from that one song???
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....   And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 6:20 pm

PRTTravel wrote:
I love Gordon Ramsey. He cracks me up. I can't wait to see tonight's episode.

As for AI.... THANK GOD they got rid of Tatiana! I mean, really!! I would have been really upset if Danny went home. Ugh. I thought Tatiana was going to collapse on stage. What a freak.

Candy

I had been thinking they kept Tatiana as long as they did because she is entertainment, the original drama queen type. Everything is about her. I saw her in the preliminaries and wondered how she got thru them too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....   And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 6:38 pm

I actually think America voted in two of the three contestants correctly based on their voices. I actually think that if they didn't have to pick a girl, the top three would have been all guys. I only watch the actual singing performances and skip the rest. No true professional would pout on stage like Tatitana did. She has an okay voice but not a memorable one.
I actually got more hooked on Top Chef. I've had the pleasure of eating in some of the restaurants where some of the winners and runnerups are chefs and getting to meet them. One of them who was the season one runnerup, told me that the contestants could wait around a very long time while the judges were making up their mind about who was going to be eliminated that week. In the early weeks, it wasn't who always cooked the worst dish, sometimes personality played into the decision making. As far as Gordon Ramsey's shows, his original ones in Great Britain, are even more heated than the U.S. version. I used to spend quite a bit of time in London, and would go to his restaurants for a nice meal. What you see on television is really his actual temper. He does not tolerate silly mistakes in his kitchen, and he is known for yelling when things go south, and he has been in the London tabloids for his verbal fights with other chefs. I can only imagine that his wife is a very calm collected person."Reality" televison can be really entertaining.
Kelcie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....   And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 7:07 pm

i love hell's kitchen and top chef. but according to my husband i always like the a****s. i like hong (?) and i like fabio. sorry to see him go last night. i can't stand stefan. such a cocky attitude. judges called him out on that last night. i thought he was going home. i was surprised.

big brother? anybody watch that? it's usually july so i'm guessing that's when it will start again.
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....   And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 7:12 pm

I love Hell's Kitchen, Top Chef, Project Runway, AI and my absolute favorite The Amazing Race. I missed the shows this week as I was down in Disney. I am glad to hear that Tatiana got booted. She was soooo annoying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....   And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And let's not forget about Ameircan Idol.....
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: General Cruise Topics :: I Just Have To Say...-
Jump to: