Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

where did everyone go???

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 2:41 pm

that's my problem too susan. also, all that free time would get me in a lot of trouble. even at my age i need to reign myself in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:01 pm

Well first I have to win teh lottery then I'll figure out how to spend my time. I think I'd really like to just volunteer and travel.
Back to top Go down
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:32 pm

I try to check in here at least once a day, but don't always post. I'm the same way on most every board that I read. I only post if I think I have something constructive to add to the conversation.

I am trying to win the lottery myself & I would probably return to being a full time stay at home mom. I work part time now & am home when the kids are here usually. (I do work tonight though & won't be here for dinner or bedtime...the rest of the week is day shift & I am here before the buses get home). Not that my kids need me at home now. The "baby" is in 5th grade! I would spend my time at home getting caught up on the scrapbooks & enjoying my other hobbies. And no doubt, would be on a cruise several times a year as well as seeing all of the other places within the USA that I want to see, but haven't gotten to yet. Travel would be really high up there on the list of things to do.

Towanda
Back to top Go down
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 4:16 pm

If we won a lottery - with a LOT of $$ - we would do something to help single parents.

My DH & I both were single parents for a LOT of years (before getting together). We feel that it would be really helpful to other single parents to have some sort of community resource 'house' - like a staffed resource center, that primarily helps with allowing the parents to attend higher education, whether that help is with child care, tutoring, access to scholarships, grants or low cost loans. Also having some sort of on-going activities for both adults, children & families - similiar to activities done by 'Parents without Partners' - only ours would be truly affordable to low or middle income single parent families. Counseling center available to both parents / children.

Umm.. can you tell we've thought (dreamed) about this a LOT?!
Of course, we'd travel a lot and help all of our kids & grandkids. I would be helping out a lot more, than I am able to right now, with the triplets, too!

where did everyone go??? - Page 2 S-event
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 4:18 pm

if i won the lottery i would buy a condominium development in a very reasonably priced area and i would let battered women and their family stay there for 1 year rent free to save money to buy their own homes and then after a year the next group would come in. obviously i was a battered woman.
Back to top Go down
NDDad
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
NDDad

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 4:31 pm

I would set up homes near hospital with neonatal units So moms could stay there free of charge including meals while their preemies are in the hospital We had 2 preemies and had to drive 63 miles one way to see them!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 4:41 pm

so i think this thread just turned into what i would do if i won the lottery.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 5:03 pm

LOL, Pat i think you're right. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 5:17 pm

So many ideas, so little money. Basically if I won the lottery I'd love to have someone who needs it get my paycheck and spend my time and money helping others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:01 am

I would love to start a foundation. There are so many great causes that always need funds. Well actually if you won the Lotto and your name got out, I am sure you would have a lot of people "applying" for funds anyhow. I wonder if I could avoid telling anyone I had won (G), family and friends included!

I would definitely live at sea as much as possible. Love being at sea and have to have another cruise to look forward to or am morose. Guess I am a freek! (G)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 11:39 am

tad i would never tell anyone in my family that i hit the lottery if i did. i would leave a few million in a bank account for my father-in-law and one for my step-mother and they could dole it out to their families as they felt because i probably would not be so generous with some of them so i'd leave it to someone else to do. and then i wouldn't leave a forwarding address. i would love to buy some vacant land and build condos on it. it would put people to work and then let battered women and their families live it so they would learn to do it themselves and after living rent free for a year they would have enough to buy a house and make room for a whole bunch of families to do and get on their feet. homeless, veterans, gosh i could think of so many i could change lives for. and all i need is my humble house as i've been very happy for 18 years and a few cruises. god has been good to me - i would love the opportunity to pay it forward in a big way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:07 pm

you can have the lottery office withhold your name as a winner ... I think the IRS is basically the only entity they have to advise ... but they don't have to tell the media.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:12 pm

Ohhhhhhh Suuuuuuuuusan.... Very Happy You should be getting a fax with some vital information from me this afternoon. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:05 pm

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
Ohhhhhhh Suuuuuuuuusan.... Very Happy You should be getting a fax with some vital information from me this afternoon. Wink
will it include the upcoming winning lotto numbers????
Back to top Go down
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:41 pm

If that's the case - I hope you'll share the #!

lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:42 pm

taurus988 wrote:
If that's the case - I hope you'll share the #!

lol!

Sure, after I've won with it of course. Wink
Back to top Go down
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:51 pm

aarrrggghhhhh!!!!

( s'ok, I'd prolly do the same!)

Back to top Go down
Adirondack Pete
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Adirondack Pete

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 2:22 pm

Barbee524 wrote:
So many ideas, so little money. Basically if I won the lottery I'd love to have someone who needs it get my paycheck and spend my time and money helping others.

I have the best plan for winning the lottery. I would have my work uniform remade

by a tailor out of pure silk and Egyptian cotton. All the gold buttons and accessories

would be pure gold. I would wear it one day then quit.

Also if there was enough left over I would try to bring
back the SS United States.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 2:50 pm

i would drive by my office in the hot tub they have on those big limos and wave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:16 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
i would drive by my office in the hot tub they have on those big limos and wave.
I love that idea!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:36 pm

I have always thought I would send a singing telegram to my boss.
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:54 pm

AlohaTad wrote:
I would love to start a foundation. (G)

I think Im more of a follower, than a indian chief. I can find plenty of places who want donations to do on my own. I was making up packages for individual soldiers thru soldiers angels for instance, and then you get pulled into special needs and next thing you know .... Most of the women who send packages say their living room is filling with stuff for shipping. I like behind the scenese things like this.
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:57 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
if i won the lottery i would buy a condominium development in a very reasonably priced area and i would let battered women and their family stay there for 1 year rent free to save money to buy their own homes and then after a year the next group would come in. obviously i was a battered woman.

Iv been the landlord type and the flaw in the ointment for me would be after one year, you just know some women arent going to just move out willingly. I would hate to be the one to kick them out. It can be tough, especially when children are involved to get out non paying tenants too.

Im way too soft hearted I guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:58 pm

flowers wrote:
AlohaTad wrote:
I would love to start a foundation. (G)

I think Im more of a follower, than a indian chief. I can find plenty of places who want donations to do on my own. I was making up packages for individual soldiers thru soldiers angels for instance, and then you get pulled into special needs and next thing you know .... Most of the women who send packages say their living room is filling with stuff for shipping. I like behind the scenese things like this.

You definitely don't have to start a foundation to do good. Wink Sending packages to soldiers is awesome!
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 6:19 pm

Wow you guys have lots of wonderful ideas. It would be nice if one of us could hit the lottery and make one of these dreams a reality Smile If I came into some money, I would love to open my own animal shelter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: where did everyone go???   where did everyone go??? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

where did everyone go???
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: General Cruise Topics :: I Just Have To Say...-
Jump to: