Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Pinnacle Grill

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Emily91183

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Pinnacle Grill Empty
PostSubject: Pinnacle Grill   Pinnacle Grill Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 8:47 pm

I wanted to share some of our experiences from the Pinnacle Grill. We were on the Westerdam last week, but it is my understanding that most (all?) of the Holland America ships have a Pinnacle Grill with the same menu. We went three times (!) so most of these are based on personal experience. Maybe this will help guide what you would like to eat on your special night there.

Good:
Lobster bisque - not the creamiest I've ever had, but a great taste.
Creme brulee - three small portions of creme brulee, one vanilla, one coffee, one chocolate.
Baked Alaska - Ben & Jerry's cherry garcia ice cream with meringue and a special cherry sauce, flambeed tableside.

Better:
Scalloped potatoes - Creamy, great onion and herb taste with a cheesy topping.
Steak Diane - tender filet mignon medallions with a very tasty sauce.

Best:
Roasted asparagus - yum!
Shrimp cocktail - enormous shrimp with a tasty cocktail sauce.
Any steak - the 1600 degree grill and spice rub make for steak perfection.
Lobster - a large tail that was seasoned nicely.
Volcano cake - warm, gooey chocolate cake with grand mariner whipped cream.

Also, I was told that the French onion soup was also very good. The only things I can't recommend that were tasted in our group were the Caesar salad and the salmon (both were just "okay").

Compared to the Pinnacle Grill food, most of the dining room meals were a little disappointing, but the surf and turf night was the best of the bunch. (In my opinion, that's the night not to skip.) Wink
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Pinnacle Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinnacle Grill   Pinnacle Grill Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 9:33 pm

I believe all HAL ships label their dining areas with the same name and probably their lounges and theaters. But I didn't realize the food would be the same surely not ?
Back to top Go down
Emily91183

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Pinnacle Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinnacle Grill   Pinnacle Grill Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:00 pm

Well, the Pinnacle Grill isn't their main dining room - it's the special restaurant you pay extra for. My parents, who have been on many more cruises, seemed familiar with the menu, so that led me to believe that they had seen it on other ships.
Back to top Go down

Pinnacle Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinnacle Grill   Pinnacle Grill Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:13 pm

you post that menu this close to dinner? i'm salivating already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pinnacle Grill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinnacle Grill   Pinnacle Grill Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pinnacle Grill
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Holland America (HAL)-
Jump to: