Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?

Go down 
+6
taurus988
UtahCouple
Greta
flowers
HelenB
lordoftime
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Empty
PostSubject: Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?   Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 1:38 pm

One survivor out ... 16 more to go until only 1 is left standing.

Anyone want to venture a guess at who might win (or who you WANT to win)?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?   Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 1:57 pm

I am totally addicted to Survior. It usually takes me a couple of weeks to care about the individuals and start hoping for them to either be voted out or stay in the game.

My favorite season (so far) was the fans vs. favorites.
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?   Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 3:07 pm

The only reason I didn't watch lost is becasue I thoiught it was a Survivor spinoff . Shocked
Back to top Go down
HelenB
Resident Expert Family Cruising
HelenB

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?   Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 3:40 pm

I've watched every season. The older 'granny' lady annoys me. Not because of her age, but because of her attitude. The other girl who was voted not to hike dealt with her situation a lot better. Generally I think I like the black/purple team more than the orange team.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?   Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 5:31 pm

Im a huge fan. Last week seemed disjointed though or maybe its just getting to know the characters. The older lady doesnt come across as too smart!!! hahahahahha Maybe not being intelligent will be a asset as they figure they can get rid of her anytime.

I was watching her trying to get the immunity idol. She had it, all she had to do is figure out what a pace was and walk 10 paces. She said she hadnt a clue what a pace was in a way sounded like the word was new to her even. She is totally whacky.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?   Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 5:44 pm

Yeah I was yelling at her "a pace is a step you ninny!" Wink I don't think she'll last too much longer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?   Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 6:55 pm

ISN'T that hilarious... what is lone palm tree?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?   Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 6:59 pm

I figure the camerman assigned to her was just dying ... he even focused in on the lone pine tree. Ninny.
Back to top Go down
HelenB
HelenB

PostSubject: Re: Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?   Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 8:01 pm

And the way she's always smacking her lips... like she wants to eat the immunity idol! LOL!
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?   Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 9:39 pm

You guys are so funny. Im glad to hear Im not the only one yelling at the tv.

The first episode of Amazing Race is on tonight. Im not such a big fan of that show, its too noisy to me, but I watch it too usually. The people I want to win never win on that show.
Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?   Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 11:01 pm

I was upset that my children forgot to set the DVR so I missed the first episode. Have it ready for the season now. (I was working a trade show on Thursday and since it was the last night and it was here in Raleigh I stuck around and had drinks with the rest of the crew.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.purpleparrottravel.com

PostSubject: Re: Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?   Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:43 am

Greta,

Follow this link, you can watch the whole episode if you want.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/

That Sandy (older lady) is a few crayons short of a full box. How many of you have never heard in movies how pirates count off paces to find the treasure? How could you not know what a pace is? Seriously. Susan, I am sure the cameraman had to cross his legs so he wouldn't wet his pants laughing at her. He probably did that while focusing on the tree!
HelenB, you are cracking me up! Maybe she is smacking her lips cause she already at it and doesn't know it!
Flowers, I watch the race all the time, I am addicted to it. There is a team on there, the Mother & Deaf son. He graduated from RIT, Right here in good ole Ra-Cha-cha! (Rochester,NY) I am rooting for them!

Who thinks Benjamin is slightly annoying?
Back to top Go down
UtahCouple
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?   Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 12:46 pm

I can tell you already I don't like "Coach"... he's a bit off. The blonde gal that was sick I was impressed with being as she ditched the attempt at the idol and made pretty much the entire shelter before her team got there. I'm thinking their team is already going to be a lot more successful.

Sandy (old lady) is bonkers. I don't get it, the old ladies they pick for these shows are always so crazy. The old guys are usually cool and even actually make it a long ways. But the old ladies are always screwed. I also agree I don't think Sandy will be around long.

Don't care for the guy from my state (Utah).. why do they always pick the gay guys from Utah? I swear if it's a guy from Utah, that's the way it is. (BTW, I'm not being prejudice in any way so please don't take it wrong. Just wondering why it's "always" that way... lol, the nation is going to start wondering if there's any straight people here)

We'll have to see what characteristics come out as the show progresses. I never pick who I want to win this early, because you might find someone you think is really cool, then turn out to really hate them a few episodes later. So far I think the kid from down South (Alabama?) the country rancher kid? I'm trying to remember, anyway he seems to have a good head on his shoulders so far. I'll be watching to see how he does.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?   Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 1:21 pm

For the time-being I'm going to root for "Taj" (Tamara) since she's a local girl (from Nashville). I'm also rooting for Jerry (Army Sgt).
Back to top Go down
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?   Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:16 pm

I'm rooting for Luke & his mom - the deaf boy & his mom.

Jackie - my daughter recognizes him!
She is an ASL Interpreter, graduated from RIT. (she's kinda on sabatical until the triplets are a bit older!)

Anyway, that's who I want to win on the Race.

Survivor - umm. not quite sure yet. But I don't like that 'Coach' either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?   Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 6:21 pm

Pam,

Thats pretty neat! I am rooting for them all the way!

Triplets , God Bless her! And Them! And you! How sweet!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?   Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 12:45 pm

EWWWW Survivor? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?   Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 12:47 pm

Hey welcome back stranger!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?   Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 1:01 pm

Hi Susan, I just left a PM for you. Looks like I missed all the "fun"...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?   Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 1:11 pm

Naw, there's always "fun" around here. Wink
Back to top Go down
Infi
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?   Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 1:38 pm

This sounds like my kind of thread! I enjoy Survivor, but I really love the Amazing Race the best. Different locations, all sorts of tasks, and not too much sabotaging/drama. For those who watched on Sunday, wasn't it just the cutest when Phil signed "you are team #1" for Luke? He's such a great host.

As for Survivor, I agree with the comment upthread that the older lady is a few crayons short of a full box! Laughing It takes awhile for me to care about them as individuals...they're all kind of blur right now. Will have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
HelenB
HelenB

PostSubject: Re: Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?   Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 5:00 pm

I finally got to see the Amazing Race premiere last night. It's our favourite show! This season looks really good! I'm not sure I'm rooting for anyone yet, but I want those whining hillbillys to go...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?   Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 6:43 pm

HelenB,
Aren't they awful. I couldn't stand to hear that woman whine any more either!
Back to top Go down
HelenB
HelenB

PostSubject: Re: Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?   Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 9:53 pm

cruzinmama wrote:
HelenB,
Aren't they awful. I couldn't stand to hear that woman whine any more either!

And not only that, but her husband is complaining about her! She may not be all he wants, but he must have realized her avilities (or lack thereof) before leaving for the race. And now that they're racing, he should be encouraging her, not demeaning her!

And after all, he's the one who got lost on the way to the pit stop yodellers. Wink
Back to top Go down
PRTTravel
Travel Agent and Bi-Lingual Host
Travel Agent and Bi-Lingual Host

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?   Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:44 pm

I love, love, love Survivor!!! And then I go right to Hell's Kitchen. Anyone into that, too?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?   Forget Lost - who watches Survivor? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forget Lost - who watches Survivor?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next