Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas

Go down 
+7
UtahCouple
spruce120
Infi
pmfan
taurus988
lordoftime
AmbianceTraveler
11 posters
AuthorMessage
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas   Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 1:22 pm

Hi Everyone,

Someone on this board is wanting to propose to their Sweety while on an upcoming cruise but needs ideas. Please post your best idea/dream proposal here to help them out. I'm not telling who it is because "Sweety" is also a member I love you

Here are some that I had:

Setting: Formal Night

100 waiters start coming up to "Sweety" one at a time randomly over the course of an hour with a single red rose in their hands. In the center of the bud rolled up is a little note. They present it to her saying "From the one who loves you" (or anything else you want) The band will start playing your favorite song as the final rose is brought. In the center will be the ring instead of a note.

Another idea would be to send Sweety on a scavenger hunt that will lead them either to the bridge or perhaps right up next to the funnel (provided the ship would allow this of course) where you will be waiting with flowers, champange and a discrete photographer to capture the moment.

If you want to go more casual I would have it where the two of you are walking around the ship and one of the officers stops Sweety by tapping them on the shoulder, holds up the ring and says "I think you dropped this" they will of course say it isn't theirs and that's where you can take the ring and say something to the effect of "It can be if you will let me give it to you forever".
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas   Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 1:33 pm

They could climb up the RCcL Rockwall together and have the proposal at the top Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas   Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 1:47 pm

Here's two ideas. If the ship has an upscale jewelry store, go see the manager and the ship's videographer ahead of time(or email them ahead of time to arrange this) Tell your girlfriend that you want to buy her a piece of jewelry, and have her try on a necklace a ring , bracelet etc. Then have the manager bring out the ring for her to try on, propose and have it all caught on tape. The next one is to go play bingo, and tell the staff to make up a fake card, call the numbers, and when she wins, she goes to the stage to claim her prize. You propose to her on stage, give her the prize(the ring) and gets lots of congratulations from the fellow cruisers in the audience. Congrats to the fellow cruise freek on his upcoming engagement!
Kelcie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas   Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 1:56 pm

Hmmm wonder who the member is Wink
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas   Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 2:07 pm

Do I sense another no prize contest to guess ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas   Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 2:31 pm

Will the ship have a movie screen on deck? If so..then see if the ship will allow an onscreen proposal
Back to top Go down
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas   Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 2:35 pm

I think planning it on a beach excursion would be a great idea!
Have the ships' photographer available for photos.
Back to top Go down
pmfan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas   Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 10:17 pm

AmbianceTraveler wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Someone on this board is wanting to propose to their Sweety while on an upcoming cruise but needs ideas. Please post your best idea/dream proposal here to help them out. I'm not telling who it is because "Sweety" is also a member I love you

Here are some that I had:

Setting: Formal Night

100 waiters start coming up to "Sweety" one at a time randomly over the course of an hour with a single red rose in their hands. In the center of the bud rolled up is a little note. They present it to her saying "From the one who loves you" (or anything else you want) The band will start playing your favorite song as the final rose is brought. In the center will be the ring instead of a note.

Another idea would be to send Sweety on a scavenger hunt that will lead them either to the bridge or perhaps right up next to the funnel (provided the ship would allow this of course) where you will be waiting with flowers, champange and a discrete photographer to capture the moment.

If you want to go more casual I would have it where the two of you are walking around the ship and one of the officers stops Sweety by tapping them on the shoulder, holds up the ring and says "I think you dropped this" they will of course say it isn't theirs and that's where you can take the ring and say something to the effect of "It can be if you will let me give it to you forever".

WOW...great ideas! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas   Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 12:48 am

This may sound cheesy ... but I think an evening stroll around the deck and then proposing under the stars at the front of the ship would be very nice and romantic. Wouldn't it be even better if he could arrange for balloons and confetti to fall right after the proposal.

Or for a more fun proposal, he could have it worked into one of the theater or lounge acts.

Whatever way it is done, I am looking forward to hearing all about it. I'm a sucker for romance!!
Back to top Go down
Infi
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas   Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 1:33 pm

Saw a proposal on our last cruise at the champagne waterfall on the final formal night. Very cute, and very public - seemed like a good portion of the ship was there to watch the festivities. Princess has the MUTS proposal package too, very big and splashy but definitely makes a memory.

It all depends on what kind of person she is...is she the type to want a public or private one?
Back to top Go down
spruce120
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Proposal   Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 5:07 pm

I love you Hmmm...friends of ours just got engaged while on an Hawaiian cruise. He took her on top of a mountain and proposed there. Very romantic!!
Back to top Go down
UtahCouple
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas   Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 5:36 pm

Do we know which ship?? Depending on the different activities available on the type of ship and the destination may open up more ideas. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas   Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 6:02 pm

Sounds nice Nina.

Now where do we get to line up and yell "DON'T DO IT!!!!" at the top of our lungs? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Just kidding. Kidding. geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas   Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 8:24 pm

Some friends of mine just got back from a cruise last week with their family and friends celebrating their 25th anniversary. The husband arranged for the musicians to play their favorite song, started dancing and in front of quite a few people, dropped to one knee, presented her with a new ring and asked her to marry him all over again. To me, that is pretty special. They did say that lots of people bought them drinks to toast their remarriage. To the lucky cruise freek, whatever you do for your engagement, I'm sure it will be wonderful.
Kelcie
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas   Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:03 pm

Here's what I'm going to suggest:

I would propose without making it a big public spectacle.
I wouldn't propose on a ship either. I'd do it on an island stop...where I knew I could bring her back someday on a special anniversary. Ships come and go...islands don't.

Only >insert name here< knows his sweety...not us. He should already know the way to her heart...or he probably shouldn't be getting married at all. As soon as he starts doing things others are telling him he should do...it becomes impersonal, and fake. The key here is, to be sure, to be honest, and to be yourself. Be the person she fell in love with...whatever that may be.

I would propose privately, and just be myself. I could see proposing on a secluded beach, or at a scenic mountain overlook...some sort of spot to be fondly remembered.

A big public spectacle isn't romantic to me. Do it for her, not for everyone else.
A proposal should be a 'freeze-frame' in time... for them to remember together. It needs to be sincere, and from the heart.
JMHO.
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
UtahCouple
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas   Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 12:32 am

Well said Pete!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas   Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 9:52 am

i think i have to agree with pete on this one too. now i'm going to make an appointment with a therapist since i'm agreeing with him.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas   Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 10:00 am

yea. A therapist would probably help. I'm really a big teddy bear once you get past the tall, dark, handsome, mystical, jolly, polite, humorous, thoughtful, exterior.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas   Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 10:42 am

Pete all I have to say is aww.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas   Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 12:26 pm

Pete....you are so right. You must of have lots of practice. It makes sense. Keep it private and something she will remember forever.
Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas   Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 12:52 pm

I agree with Pete. That is much more romantic than having a bunch of people around. Afterwards you come on the ship and keep it quiet until dinner time when you announce it to the table.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purpleparrottravel.com
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas   Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 5:30 pm

I like your ideas Pete. I wanted to add that I wouldn't want a public proposal, but didn't have another idea to offer, so didn't post anything. Definitely agree that he should be the person she fell in love with & everything should work out perfectly.

Towanda
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas   Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 6:37 pm

I am with Pete on this one too- private and romantic is the way to go. Just be yourself mystery CF Wink and it will it turn out just the way it should Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas   Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cruise Ship Proposal Ideas
Page 1 of 1