Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

e-bay

Go down 
AuthorMessage

e-bay Empty
PostSubject: e-bay   e-bay Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 6:15 pm

I always give my remaining Crown & Anchor coupons to my sister to sell on e-bay. They always sell and my neice and nephew usually get between $5.00 to $10. each from the sale.

Well she just sold the leftover coupons from our last two cruises for a total of $72.00. Shocked Remember these are only partial C&A coupon books (I used the "good" ones). This just proves people will buy almost anyting on e-bay and my neice and nephew will have some extra spending money for their trip to Florida this weekend.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

e-bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: e-bay   e-bay Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 6:20 pm

Wow that's crazy! $72!!! I just tossed out a bunch of old coupon books. I tried to give my sister my leftover coupons, but they would not let her use them, as she was not a C&A member.
Back to top Go down

e-bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: e-bay   e-bay Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 6:26 pm

The ones that were left weren't even very good ones. I tend to give away a lot of them onboard (like the bingo coupons).
Back to top Go down
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

e-bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: e-bay   e-bay Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 7:49 pm

I am amazed at how much things sell for on e-bay. There are always scrapbook related things that go for way more than the cost of the supplies or even the amount of time the creator spent on it. (Who am I to judge what someone's time is worth, but some of these auctions are going for a lot of money.) A two page layout going for nearly $200!

Towanda
Back to top Go down

e-bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: e-bay   e-bay Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:27 pm

Wow , I recycle them I never dreamed of selling them, I wonder if anybody would buy key chains and blow-up beach balls that one wins in onboard ship games jocolor
Back to top Go down

e-bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: e-bay   e-bay Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:51 am

DancingQueen wrote:
Wow , I recycle them I never dreamed of selling them, I wonder if anybody would buy key chains and blow-up beach balls that one wins in onboard ship games jocolor

This kind of thing usually doesn't sell very well on e-bay. If you're curios about what's for sale just enter any cruise line name in the search box and you'll be amazed at what comes up. I've even seen the chocolates they leave on your pillow for sale.
Back to top Go down

e-bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: e-bay   e-bay Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 11:37 am

Mine are completely intact from Indy. I have 4.

I would be worried that someone wouldn't be allowed to use them onboard and would come back and give me a bad feedback. Sad
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

e-bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: e-bay   e-bay Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 11:49 am

crusinmama06 wrote:
Mine are completely intact from Indy. I have 4.

I would be worried that someone wouldn't be allowed to use them onboard and would come back and give me a bad feedback. Sad

I with you Michelle, we will rip out of the book the coupons that we think we might use, Johnny Rockets, Bingo, RCCL Wear Discounts, Perfume, drinks but the rest we throw away. Last cruise we did give a few of our bingo coupons to our 2nd week tablemates as they played and we usually don't. The cruise line is getting smarter checking your id against the level of the coupon as well as the date of the booklet. It's just not worth it.

d
Back to top Go down

e-bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: e-bay   e-bay Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 11:59 am

Michelle,

I just looked at e-bay and there is a set of diamond coupons with a bid of $36. You can always add this disclaimer "Seller not responsible if for some reason not accepted onboard". Though the only place I was ever questioned was in the photo gallery when they used to give a free picture. Now it's just the discount for digital photos.
Back to top Go down

e-bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: e-bay   e-bay Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 2:33 pm

Barbee524 wrote:
You can always add this disclaimer "Seller not responsible if for some reason not accepted onboard".

Yeah I know, but it wouldn't stop someone from coming back and giving neutral or negative feedback because you know how some people are. They won't read the disclaimers.

I'll keep my books. And keep my feedback at 100% positive. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

e-bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: e-bay   e-bay Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 2:52 pm

I used to just toss them until my sister asked me for them to sell. Please remember I don't make a cent off of this since the money goes to her kids.
Back to top Go down

e-bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: e-bay   e-bay Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:53 pm

mytee4ever wrote:
I am amazed at how much things sell for on e-bay. There are always scrapbook related things that go for way more than the cost of the supplies or even the amount of time the creator spent on it. (Who am I to judge what someone's time is worth, but some of these auctions are going for a lot of money.) A two page layout going for nearly $200!

Towanda

Towanda,

You are so right! My Best friend's son used to collect heart shaped rockes to give her.After he left for college, she picked a few to keep for sentimental reasons, then sold the rest on ebay for $25! Yes, that is right, a box of rocks garnered $25. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

e-bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: e-bay   e-bay Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

e-bay
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: General Cruise Topics :: I Just Have To Say...-
Jump to: