Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QM2 Planetaruim

Go down 
+6
AmbianceTraveler
HelenB
NDJollyMon
BklynBoy
Giovani
lordoftime
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

QM2 Planetaruim Empty
PostSubject: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 3:32 pm

I imagine the Planetarium on the QM2 is very popular. Is it hard to get a seat ? Are there many shows a day ? Do I have to plan well in advance to get in ?
Back to top Go down
Giovani
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Giovani

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-09-24

QM2 Planetaruim Empty
PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 3:35 pm

You can obtain tickets for the Planetarium in the morning, they are free but go very fast.
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

QM2 Planetaruim Empty
PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Do youu have to line up ? I hate lining up. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
BklynBoy
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
BklynBoy

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-18

QM2 Planetaruim Empty
PostSubject: Line Up At Showtime only.......   QM2 Planetaruim Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:12 pm

lordoftime wrote:
Do youu have to line up ? I hate lining up. Evil or Very Mad

Dear lordof time,
The tickets are available around 9AM when the ConneXions Deck located on Deck 2, Forward between Elevator Bank A & B opens up. The tickets are divided into about 3-4 showtimes.

Yes, unfortunately there is a line up that does occurs at the doorway of the Illuminations Theater on Deck 3.

The line up is very casual and not in the form of a line, but people heading for the doorway where the tickets are collected. It can be abit hairy at times.

Best to get there earlier and hang around very near the doorway.

Also a way to get a good seat too!
Back to top Go down

QM2 Planetaruim Empty
PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:14 pm

Welcome to the boards BklynBoy! Welcome I believe you make the fourth "Ed" in our Cunard family. We have: Eddie (Down the Shore Guy); Ed (TV Guy) and Ed (Iceman), so, hopefully you will feel right at home!
Back to top Go down
BklynBoy
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
BklynBoy

QM2 Planetaruim Empty
PostSubject: Thank you......Looks Very Friendly......   QM2 Planetaruim Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:39 pm

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
Welcome to the boards BklynBoy! Welcome so, hopefully you will feel right at home!

Dear Nick,
Thank you very much for the rapid and kind welcome.

Yes, this is my very first posting in Cruise Freek. I hope to enjoy my stay with you all.

Sounds like you are on the other side of the Bridge in SI from me - (Me) Bay Ridge.

I was on another Cruise Board that unfortunately changed over the last year or two and did not make me feel comfortable posting that often.

My wife and I have experienced much from our decades of cruising with especially Cunard, but know we will also learn many things from all here on the boards. "No One Is Ever To Old To Learn".

So thank you!
Back to top Go down

QM2 Planetaruim Empty
PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:42 pm

welcome ed. i too come from brooklyn at one time and yes, in fact, bay ridge. where do you live in bay ridge?
Back to top Go down

QM2 Planetaruim Empty
PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:43 pm

and tony, don't y'all call it queueing??
Back to top Go down

QM2 Planetaruim Empty
PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:44 pm

BklynBoy wrote:
Nick Needs To Know wrote:
Welcome to the boards BklynBoy! Welcome so, hopefully you will feel right at home!

I was on another Cruise Board that unfortunately changed over the last year or two and did not make me feel comfortable posting that often.

Anyone care to guess which board? One immediately pops into my mind.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

QM2 Planetaruim Empty
PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:02 pm

I think we are all good at finding new cruise forums...
I've been to many over the years. There are some great people around here. (and ...some not so great. You'll figure it out in the near future. Secret I'll give you a hint...Ron) BluesBrothers
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

QM2 Planetaruim Empty
PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:05 pm

now since i'll be reporting to ron in the near future i have to be nice to him. ImNotWorthy
Back to top Go down

QM2 Planetaruim Empty
PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:05 pm

okay ron that is the last time you'll ever see that
Back to top Go down

QM2 Planetaruim Empty
PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:06 pm

can some one please push my little + so i can get a reputation???
Back to top Go down

QM2 Planetaruim Empty
PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:19 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
now since i'll be reporting to ron in the near future i have to be nice to him. ImNotWorthy

I was so happy for you about your new job, but I didn't realize you would be reporting to Ron, my sympathies Sad
Back to top Go down

QM2 Planetaruim Empty
PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:22 pm

barb did you push my +? thank you to whoever did it. i think my reputation went up 2 points
Back to top Go down

QM2 Planetaruim Empty
PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:25 pm

Pat, if you want to get a reputation, and be nice to Ron, push his + on his posts. I'm sure he'll treat you like his sister!
Kelcie
Back to top Go down

QM2 Planetaruim Empty
PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:30 pm

wait i said i wanted to get a reputation not be nice to ron
Back to top Go down
BklynBoy
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
BklynBoy

QM2 Planetaruim Empty
PostSubject: By The Bay........   QM2 Planetaruim Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:37 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
welcome ed. i too come from brooklyn at one time and yes, in fact, bay ridge. where do you live in bay ridge?

I am right next to Fort Hamilton Army Base and have a great shot at the harbor and VZ Bridge.

I have the best view year round of the incoming and outgoings of the Cruise Ships out of Redhook, Cape Liberty and Manhattan.

I especially enjoy Saturday & Sundays in the summer with an average of 4-5 ships departing together in a parade fashion.

Sorry, for going off the original subject of the topic.
Back to top Go down

QM2 Planetaruim Empty
PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:38 pm

Pat, I was thinking that being nice to the boss might earn get you a few rep. points, being nice is just in your personality. Now back to the thread. Tony, have you looked at the pictures, of the seats that show where to sit to get the best view? I think that's why people go early, is just to get their favorite seat in the section. It's a great idea to have on a cruise ship.
Kelcie
Back to top Go down

QM2 Planetaruim Empty
PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:40 pm

well i grew up on 97th and 4th
Back to top Go down
HelenB
Resident Expert Family Cruising
Resident Expert Family Cruising
HelenB

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

QM2 Planetaruim Empty
PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:57 pm

kk99 wrote:
Pat, if you want to get a reputation, and be nice to Ron, push his + on his posts. I'm sure he'll treat you like his sister!
Kelcie

I'm not sure I Ron wants to get that kind of 'reputation'. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com

QM2 Planetaruim Empty
PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:59 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
barb did you push my +? thank you to whoever did it. i think my reputation went up 2 points

Sure I'm helping to give you a reputation. Though I'm not sure if it's a good or bad reputation I'm giving you lol! You'll notice I have no reputation (good or bad).
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

QM2 Planetaruim Empty
PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 10:14 pm

Haha now you do!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-10

QM2 Planetaruim Empty
PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 10:30 pm

I never had any problem obtaining tickets for the planetarium shows. They were just sitting out in a box at the Connections desk. I am not keen on standing in line so I just dropped by the desk an hour or so after the tickets became available and never had a problem getting them. I imagine, however, that availablity would change from sailing to sailing- depending on the interests of the passengers sailing each voyage. I saw a couple shows and they were amazing- don't miss it!
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

QM2 Planetaruim Empty
PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:09 pm

Planetarium at sea....this is too cool! I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

QM2 Planetaruim Empty
PostSubject: Re: QM2 Planetaruim   QM2 Planetaruim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QM2 Planetaruim
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Cunard-
Jump to: