Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!

Go down 
+8
ndmomof4
Infi
becktours
Adirondack Pete
lordoftime
chrystine
Greta
NDJollyMon
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!   Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:41 am

The reports are great! Thank you Pete! Dominica sounds beautiful. I can't wait to hear about Barbados. Hope the ride last night wasn't too rough. Looking forward to the next post...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!   Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:01 am

Hey Pete..thanks for the reports....I'm sure you are keeping everyone entertained despite the rough seas. Keep posting!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!   Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 2:01 pm

hey pete - 12 ft. seas? our captain came on at dinner last night and said that the winds were 60 mph and the seas were 27 ft. there were times when everything just slid on the table and you had to grab it! but it rocked us to sleep at night.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!   Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:30 pm

Yea...12' wasnt bad! Too me....
Seas are great now. Barbados was great....but I hate the new bus system to the terminal. The 5 star Cat with Tiami was awesome...as usual. Great weather, nice excursion. Short day...so we saw nothing else.

Tonight...Caribbean deck party.
Our second Couples massage was great. The people at Lotus Spa know us pretty well already. (and some bartenders....go figure!)

I'm sitting on my balcony buring these expensive minutes watching the night sky, and listening to the sound of the sea...ahhhhhh.

Take care FREEKS! I'll hoist a drink at the party for you!
Good night!
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!   Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:42 pm

yes hoist one for us pete. the one thing rcl did do was no smoking in staterooms. very nice to not have to smell that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!   Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:17 pm

hey pete - are you home yet????
Back to top Go down
ndmomof4
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
ndmomof4

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!   Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 12:13 pm

They wont be back until Thursday Lucky Buggers get to be away from this ND cold weather!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!   Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 1:13 pm

oh i was concerned because i thought he'd be back this weekend and didn't see hide nor hair of him on here. good for them.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!   Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 2:34 pm

Sea day today...ahhhhh. Gotta love them.
St Thomas was great...Sunny Liston is second to none!

Saw a whale off the balcony this morning while having my morning coffee. (smuggled of course!) We are just North of the Turks & Caicos Islands on our way to Princess Cays. Weather is BEAUTIFUL!

Had the Pub Lunch at The Wheelhouse today. Yum. Nothing like fish & chips and a Bass Ale....

Last formal night tonight! Already started packing for our disembark on Wednesday. :-( Time flies when you are cruising!

Talk to you soon!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!   Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:02 pm

Don't feel like you have to hurry back on our account Pete...no really...take your time..please?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!   Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:22 pm

Princess Cays ... ahhhhh ... got totally spoiled by having my own private cabana for the day.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!   Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:52 pm

pete - i can't wait to hear about the sanctuary. that is something i haven't heard a lot of people talk about and i'm interested because i think the ship we go on in august has it.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!   Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 8:55 pm

We had our first “Movies Under the Stars” experience last night. The movie was….what can I say….weird. (“Momma Mia”) Weather was windy and chilly on deck…but the blankets helped keep it cozy. We couldn’t use the fancy cushions because of the Noro-virus outbreak.

Emerald anchored off Princess Cays today, and it was a bit cool. High only 70 degrees…but very sunny. Snorkeling was good, and PC has changed since our last visit. It has quite a bit more to it than before. Very nice day in the sun.

Packing up now for the disembark tomorrow. That’s right…the cruise is over already! Ten days flies by in a hurry!

See ya Freeks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!   Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 9:01 pm

safe trip home pete
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!   Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 12:58 pm

diembarked...now at fll. :-(
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!   Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 12:59 pm

HEY PETE!!! WELCOME HOME well almost home Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Infi
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!   Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 1:30 pm

I read about Emerald having Noro again...sorry to hear it was on your cruise as well. Sad It really has been a problem for her, ever since December. I feel bad for the crew, because as we all know, it's not the ship that's sick, just the pax that bring it on. silent

Welcome back! looking forward to your review!
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!   Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 1:30 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
diembarked...now at fll. :-(

At least you have free wireless internet at the airport while you wait...
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com
NDDad
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
NDDad

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!   Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:13 pm

Uncle P we MISS you!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!   Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 2:18 am

Finally back home tonight after a long day of flying. Going from 80+ degrees back to -10 degrees is quite a shock to the body! OMG! I think my sunburn is frozen!

Yep....Noro-Virus hit the Emerald Princess pretty hard while we were on it.
Good old fashioned hand washing kept the bug away from us! (funny how some people are...boat full of germs, warnings, letters, standing orders, and such...and they still don't wash!) I'll put a full explanation of what goes on during an outbreak in my review. It's quite interesting.

Yea Steve...free wireless at FLL. OUTSTANDING! Not many airports that way...you gotta pay! (MSP) Not sure about Detroit....we ran from one gate right into another waiting plane....couldn't have spent more than 1 minute in that airport! YIKES! DELAY was the name of the game today.

Overall, it was a very good cruise...and we were sad to leave the ship this morning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!   Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:00 pm

HappyHappyJoyJoy Pete's back!!!
Back to top Go down
NDDad
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
NDDad

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!   Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 2:45 pm

Let the party begin WELCOME HOME Uncle P cheers BluesBrothers
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!   Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:42 pm

Thanks....I was having FREEK WITHDRAWL symtoms....

Seriously...it was a 90 degree temperature change!~ Surprised
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!   Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:46 pm

Welcome home Pete! It's been so quiet around here!
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!   Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:17 pm

Thanks....hope you enjoyed the peace.

Now...back to my neverending rants!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!   Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jolly "LIVE" from Emerald Princess!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next