Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Idid it!!! thanks everyone!!!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Idid it!!!  thanks everyone!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Idid it!!! thanks everyone!!!!!   Idid it!!!  thanks everyone!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:43 pm

Party

I changed my profile name from asanchez1961 to the new name. I also got a picture of me and my hubby (he looks very slim and has no hair b/c of chemo) also, this is before his transplant. I will try to get a better picture in the future.

Thanks again for all your help!!!!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Idid it!!! thanks everyone!!!!!   Idid it!!!  thanks everyone!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:53 pm

Yay DocDance
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Idid it!!! thanks everyone!!!!!   Idid it!!!  thanks everyone!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:49 am

Nice work Aurea!

Idid it!!!  thanks everyone!!!!! CruiseAnimationPete
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Idid it!!! thanks everyone!!!!!   Idid it!!!  thanks everyone!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 8:40 am

Aurea,

I saw this new screenname, and thought wow, there are 2 people with that really pretty name! I like your new avatar, you both look great! You know, my most treasured pictures of my daughter was of when she was going through her bone marrow transplant, we used to call her Georgia Peach, because of all the peach fuzz on her head after her hair fell out.
When I lost mine, I had no fuzz(no fair!) I had dark little stubs that I wanted to pull out with Duct tape! Oh well! My best to both of you! See you around!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idid it!!! thanks everyone!!!!!   Idid it!!!  thanks everyone!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:07 am

congratulations. jackie - when i was on chemo i didn't lose a pound or that much hair. i was so pissed at my doctor. i said no only did this not cure me but i freaking am still fat. that was the one thing for someone with a weight problem their whole life that said ok this chemo won't be so bad. so double whammy for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idid it!!! thanks everyone!!!!!   Idid it!!!  thanks everyone!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:24 am

Pat, I totally understand. I was really worried about losing weight ( yeah, right) but it never happened. I really tolerated chemo pretty well. I would come home from cancer center, then change and go to work at the spa! I was very fortunate. My hair was gone in 2 weeks after the first chemo. My Daughter got married that summer(2007) and I told her if she takes off the veil, I am taking off my wig.Well, both came off on the dance floor.I used to call it my muppet! I hated it. You know what was really funny, was when I drove up on my big, bad Harley, and took my helmet off! Ha!
Pat, I think you look awesome! I can't wait to meet you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idid it!!! thanks everyone!!!!!   Idid it!!!  thanks everyone!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:58 am

jackie - i was so prepared to shave my head and wear a hat outside if it was cold but i swore no damned wig. i too endured it pretty well. i never missed a day of work. i would have if i needed to but no matter how hard i tried all i really had was really bad headaches. it did make me give up riding because my joints were affected and i would end up with my leg hanging over the carburetor most of the time and if i could have figured out how to get them up over the handle bars and still remain upright i would have. it just affected my joints so much it slowed my reflex time and being on a bike i figured i'd be the loser in that accident. oh i see one of your tickers isn't working right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idid it!!! thanks everyone!!!!!   Idid it!!!  thanks everyone!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:04 am

You know, when I tried to add a countdown clock for both the Oasis cruise we have booked, and the Holiday cruise, it said my signature was too long..? But I see you have 4 of them, wonder what I am doing wrong...?

Last edited by cruzinmama on Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ooops.....spelling)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idid it!!! thanks everyone!!!!!   Idid it!!!  thanks everyone!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:33 am

were you adding 4 different images or just one long sentence? was that what was too long?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idid it!!! thanks everyone!!!!!   Idid it!!!  thanks everyone!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:33 am

do it one at a time and see what happens
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idid it!!! thanks everyone!!!!!   Idid it!!!  thanks everyone!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:35 am

tina's going for another treatment today - keep up the positive thoughts and energy tina and listen to your body - if you need a day or 2 off - you take it. God bless you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idid it!!! thanks everyone!!!!!   Idid it!!!  thanks everyone!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:56 am

Pat, I did try to just add one ticker on, and got that message. I will try again, I must be flubbing something...
Tina, in our thoughts today,(((hugs)))
Back to top Go down
Adirondack Pete
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Adirondack Pete

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Idid it!!! thanks everyone!!!!!   Idid it!!!  thanks everyone!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 6:55 pm

Ginny may still have all her wigs from when she had chemo.
If anyone is interested shoot us an email.

PS Ginny didnt loose weight either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idid it!!! thanks everyone!!!!!   Idid it!!!  thanks everyone!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idid it!!! thanks everyone!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: General Cruise Topics :: I Just Have To Say...-
Jump to: