Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 9:32 pm

Kathy sending VeGas Vibes that Dennis gets those tags! I'm sure your guests are enjoying their dinner by now.

Susan - Sounds like a very busy day for you. Have a stiff "toddie" and get some good rest tonight.

Nancy - Congrats to your brother's team. Happy for you that Ken is home now.

Those of you packing or getting ready to pack...well, GET BUSY.

Hope the weather improves for those of you with snow & freezing temperatures.

I wasted away my weekend sleeping!!! And I'm still tired.

Hope everyone has a good week ahead.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 11:12 pm

Evening all,

We did get to tour the dream home, it was fun. Not really my style, the interior is way to modern for me. Love the victorian architecture and the outside though. My camera died after one picture, so will have to get some from sister.

We had to take our shoes off, and put on paper booties and slippers. We sort of had to shuffle around in them, because they kept falling off they were so big! It was pretty funny! By the time we got to the end of the tour my sister had only one slipper. LOL!

It's still raining, but it let up a bit this afternoon, to just a drizzle.

Susan hope you feel better, Chris you feeling okay?

Wonder how the Mariner gals are doing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 11:49 pm

TAR was good. Won't give it away. Now I'm watching the "Thank You to my everyone" show. I do like the way they have tried to make it more appealing and I did see some beautiful gowns on the red carpet.

Kathy sending good thoughts your way for a successful day tomorrow. Hope dinner went well.

Jen, glad you got to go see the HGTV house. When we were in Russia, they made us wear booties in two of the Palaces to protect the beautiful inlaid wood floors so I know what you mean about shuffling around.

Nancy congrats to your brother. Glad Ken is with you for a while.

Susan feel better. As Patti would say, "Vicks on your feet and socks to bed"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 12:39 am

Hello Bears. Well, we made it safely to Florida but it started out being quite a stressful trip. We had light snow at our house as we left at 7am. About an hour south of home we hit a dreadful snow storm that made us slow down to a crawl for the next 4 hours. We counted 11 cars in ditches of which 5 were flipped on the roofs. Very scarey. Such a long day and we didn't get to Dalton, Ga. where we had reservations till 8:30pm. Wesley (dog) is not used to motels. I think this was only his second time. He just couldn't understand that we were there to sleep.

None of us slept well, Welsey was up and down all night and I would sit up to check on him. Finally took him out at 3:30am for a potty break. We gave up at 7:30am and hit the road again. Got to Bradenton around 6:30 this evening. We haven't driven this trip in 11 years, now I remember why. But, we're here for 3 weeks and its WARMER than home. Whoo Hooo!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 1:15 am

Wendy, glad you made it safely. Enjoy the warmth.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 1:25 am

I am agreeing with Sheila, Wendy. Glad you made it safely, hope ou all enjoy your time away. Smile
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 2:23 am

Mariner was quite fun! She is one BIG gal, but pretty nonetheless. I'm still tired from trying to do everything, though. We went to the TA session and lots of folks asked for a 3/4 night itinerary to come back to LA. They kept saying it didn't make them any money. Not what the HDs onboard say... And they incorrectly said that they stopped doing Hawaii round trips because the Passenger Services Act changed. It was a little scary...

Our petsitter did a really good job. Now I have to figure out how what to do about the old one. We had already called him for our May trip, but she's so much better that I would rather just use her. When he sits for us the dogs are pretty freaked out when we get home. This time they were happy to see us, but were fine. The sitter's 13 yo daughter is a real doglover, and I think she spent a lot of time playing with them. And she cleaned up all of the "spills," too, which is a godsend. The house actually smelled good when we got home!
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 3:00 am

Jean, glad the new sitter worked out. I would just call the other guy and say that you have found decided to use someone else. I know easier said then done. But hey he is the one that lie to you!

Good news you posted on the other thread I will be talking with TA first thing tomorrow to make sure my NC applied. Hope I get the same good rep that knows the score. May even try for the shareholder credit as well.

Take care Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 3:06 am

hcleaner wrote:
Hello Bears. Well, we made it safely to Florida but it started out being quite a stressful trip. We had light snow at our house as we left at 7am. About an hour south of home we hit a dreadful snow storm that made us slow down to a crawl for the next 4 hours. We counted 11 cars in ditches of which 5 were flipped on the roofs. Very scarey. Such a long day and we didn't get to Dalton, Ga. where we had reservations till 8:30pm. Wesley (dog) is not used to motels. I think this was only his second time. He just couldn't understand that we were there to sleep.

None of us slept well, Welsey was up and down all night and I would sit up to check on him. Finally took him out at 3:30am for a potty break. We gave up at 7:30am and hit the road again. Got to Bradenton around 6:30 this evening. We haven't driven this trip in 11 years, now I remember why. But, we're here for 3 weeks and its WARMER than home. Whoo Hooo!!

You are BACK in Florida. Shocked But you just left. And you left me here in the cold. :coldout:

Enjoy the weather Wendy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 9:49 am

Good morning--headed out soon to get g-kids off to school, it is COLD, below zero!! Ken has tasks to work on at their house

Wendy--glad you made it safely to FL. Know what you mean about the trip, we make it 3-4 times a year and it never is that much fun

Jean--glad to hear the pet-sitter worked out

be back later--
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 10:13 am

Morning all, just another Monday here in Dallas.

Susan glad to read that you are feeling better and that Ray is doing so well after his surgery.

Wendy happy your drive went without incident, our dogs don't much care for sleeping anywhere but their happy home either. Although they do consider the Vet's place their home away from home.

Jean we love Mariner too, you know I don't think it's a matter of making lots of money off of 3/4 day versus 7 day as much as it is the bother of 2 seperate cruises. They complained about not being able to fill ships out of Galveston but they always seemed to be filled.

On the pet-sitter side my new hair-dresser's daughter does this and when we go to Jamaica in May for our son's wedding we're going to have her sit the kids rather then have the Vet take care of them. Since we'll only be gone for 4 days it seemed like a good time to try it.

OSCARS: We only watched the opening monologue and the first award and then I can't even remember what John turned on. I was in bed by 9 since I was up at 5. Very long day.

So Jill are you packed? Wish we were coming with you but alas we have yet to win the big one! lol!

I'll check in later.

d
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 10:13 am

hcleaner wrote:
Such a long day and we didn't get to Dalton, Ga. where we had reservations till 8:30pm. Wesley (dog) is not used to motels. I think this was only his second time. He just couldn't understand that we were there to sleep.

Wendy, I haven't driven to FL in years, but we also always stopped in Dalton! And my dog can't figure out hotels either. He's too old to travel with us now, but he probably would be ok in a hotel now since he is basically deaf, so all the hallway noises wouldn't bother him like they used to!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 10:32 am

Jean: Glad that you enjoyed "Our" ship, there is so much to do and see on the larger ships...

Kathy: Fingers crossed for Dennis' to get his tag...

Susan: Glad you are feeling better, and thanks in advance for taking care of things if anything arises while I am gone...

Jen: Sounds like you had a good time and I look forward to your pics...

Wendy: Enjoy your time in Bradenton, it is only 52 at present here, since you are south of us it may be a bit warmer, still warmer than your home!!!

D: Not packed yet, but today is the day!!! Will check in L8R

Hey Sis: Where you at!!!

Hi, Virginia, Nancy, Sheila, Chris, Martha, Sharon and Sheila...

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 PolarBearBanner1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 10:53 am

Morning......

Getting some puter time while Dennis is off for a haircut.......

Glad you had a safe trip down Wendy......and hopefully the warm weather will be here to stay.........

So Jen---can you see yourself living in the Dream Home???

Susan--dinner was a succes, and they stayed till 10pm!! They never do that,but FIL started playing WII and that was the end of that........he loves it.....wouldnt doubt that he doesnt go buy his own.......

Glad you were happy with the new dog sitter,Jean.......I would just call the other one and say you wont be needing him for May.......just say you had a change of plans.........I would go with the one you feel most comfortable with...........I wish i could find one around here,but dont know where to start.....

Thanks for all the good vibes for the tag dilema.........I'll keep you posted.......

Hi to all and Jill--start packing!!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 10:58 am

Gmorning all

i'm here Sis! Vegged all day yday.....was sooo tired from the fast weekend that I didn't accomplish much.

Jean.........glad you had a good time on the M.

Jen......the house sounds interesting....personally, I don't think I could live in a house like that.

Nancy.........have a good COLD day....I imagine you're ready for winter to be over too!!

Susan......hope u feel better today.

Hope everyone has a great Monday.......off to work Sad

j
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 11:00 am

Michele, I knew I forgot to bring something...or someone! Well, since I had to leave you back in the cold winter weather I will use Susan's fan and blow some of this warmer air your direction. Should get there in about 2 months. Laughing

Kathy, I thought about Dennis yesterday as we took the bypass around Atlanta. Thought he was still there with his new truck but see that he is home now. Wow, trafffic through Ocala was really bumper to bumper when we went through yesterday. Don't remember it being that busy around there before. And, on a Sunday.

Jill, I see that it's 12 degrees back home where I'm from. Anything about 55 is capri and t-shirt weather to us.

Have a wonderful day ya'll. You really are a wonderful, friendly bunch.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 12:03 pm

Just got invited out to brunch with some girlfriends, so packing will have to wait til this afternoon!!!

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 PolarBearBanner1
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 1:23 pm

Morning everyone,

Wendy, glad you made it safely to Florida. Enjoy the warm weather and have a fun time. Remember you will be coming back north eventually. Laughing

Jean, I think that you should have taken charge of that session and gotten up and told the TAs the correct information. It is so sad that the home office can't get it right. No wonder so many people are getting frustrated.

Have a wonderful day everyone...............I am off to start cleaning my living room. affraid
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 2:38 pm

Patti, when she said that about the Hawaii R/T, there was a real buzz in the room, so there were lots of people who knew she was flat out wrong.

At the C&A party, Rachel Hancock's boss came over. He wouldn't let her come because she was on the the repo cruise for awhile. Claude Christopher went at him hammer & tongs about Monarch being pulled. I'm sure they were reeling from 3 days of attacks on that subject, including one woman who told them that her Carnival commissions have gone way up. We've already booked Paradise for another cruise, and will probably go on her in December as well. If anybody wants to join us, we're booked on July 17. It was about $100 cheaper per person than going 4th of July weekend. And since the 4th is on a Saturday this year, it doesn't make any difference to Don as far as days off - they don't comp him for it.

I think we'll also do Mariner in Septemer. Since we know that they're going to cancel our Jewel Vancouver to San Diego trip, we'll just sit tight and see if they're offering compensation for it. I wouldn't normally be so greedy, but I'm willing to make an exception...
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 2:39 pm

Good Morning Everyone Very Happy

Cool and sprinkles here. Went to Disneyland this past Saturday and had a fun time with grandson. We went through Mickey's house and had our pictures taken with him. When gs was two years old had done the same so thought it would be fun to have the new one taken Smile

Hope everyone has a nice day. sunny
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 2:51 pm

critterchick wrote:
I think we'll also do Mariner in Septemer. Since we know that they're going to cancel our Jewel Vancouver to San Diego trip, we'll just sit tight and see if they're offering compensation for it. I wouldn't normally be so greedy, but I'm willing to make an exception...

Frankly I don't blame you after all they certainly don't have any issues with putting the screws to you do they?

d

Last edited by frudutx on Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 3:09 pm

critterchick wrote:
Patti, when she said that about the Hawaii R/T, there was a real buzz in the room, so there were lots of people who knew she was flat out wrong.

At the C&A party, Rachel Hancock's boss came over. He wouldn't let her come because she was on the the repo cruise for awhile. Claude Christopher went at him hammer & tongs about Monarch being pulled. I'm sure they were reeling from 3 days of attacks on that subject, including one woman who told them that her Carnival commissions have gone way up. We've already booked Paradise for another cruise, and will probably go on her in December as well. If anybody wants to join us, we're booked on July 17. It was about $100 cheaper per person than going 4th of July weekend. And since the 4th is on a Saturday this year, it doesn't make any difference to Don as far as days off - they don't comp him for it.

Good for Claude..................I know that he really enjoyed the Monarch along with the rest of you. Hopefully they will re-evaluate their itineraries and come up with a solution that will be good for you guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 4:04 pm

Good afternoon Bears, It's still very cold here. Poor Bob was up all night and he's in bed as we speak. He has the dreaded stomach flu. Hope I don't get it and he gets better soon 'cause we leave on Thurs.

Watched the Oscars on and off. The show was okay, a little better than usual I think. Tonight is "24" a real favorite around here.

Jean glad you enjoyed Mariner. You'd think that Corporate would have their stories straight for a function like that with all the TA's. I may have missed something but why are they cancelling Vancouver to San Diego on Jewel?

Have a great day all
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 4:16 pm

Morning or afternoon all!

Enjoyed TAR last night, and watched the red carpet also but not the show.

I can't believe the prices of Vision now! $299 for a 7 day cruise! But I don't see the prices budging on Mariner, which is making me crazy! ugh!

Hope Bob is feeling better soon, and you stay healthy Sheila!
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 4:56 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
Good afternoon Bears, It's still very cold here. Poor Bob was up all night and he's in bed as we speak. He has the dreaded stomach flu. Hope I don't get it and he gets better soon 'cause we leave on Thurs.

Has been thru us this weekend, GS brought it in, Daniel spent all of Friday night & Sat day in the bathroom...I got to clean the aftermath...yeah affraid

NOw I have the exit aspect, DS had both. Lysol stock should have had a bump, as I bought the entire product line.

Hugs to Bob, know his pain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: