Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Carole
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Carole

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-04-19

Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 6:13 pm

I am so glad to see your comment. I know, as a woman, that I would never reveal what only my husband should see. My husband, I know would be the same as you.

Not only is the outfit tacky, IT'S UGLY!!!! Not appropriate in any place except MAYBE the Rennaisssance Festivals....at least there, she would fit with the employees.

I just don't understand. Does the husband actually feel proud that his wife/sig other is exposing herself to everyone. I would be embarrased!

Greta wrote:
Cruise Virgin Vinnie wrote:
If my wife ever walked around in public like that - regardless of how great the body - I'd be filing for divorce. There is absolutely no call for dressing like that other than in a private house or nudist colony. What's next, a guy wearing just a thong into the dining room? I can't even think of degrading myself in this manner.

Thank you for that comment. I was wondering what kind of man would let his significant other where something like that. I can't beleive he thinks it's sexy. A beautiful sleek gown I think would be much more intriguing to most men.

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 6:16 pm

well he must be proud because didn't this topic start with someone saying that the husband actually made the 'dress' (for lack of a better word) for her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 6:38 pm

OK I'll tell you the whole story as I remember it. (BTW, I didn't steal the pictures, Ginny found them online Laughing )

This couple sails on Carnival. They were regulars on the CC Carnival board. The husband MADE that chain mail dress for his wife. He was angry that the Carnvial Maitre D asked them to leave the dining room. He said she looked better than anything he saw on the ship.

He said the dress was heavy for her. But she has a "beautiful body" and deserved to wear it.

If I find the actual thread (this was from 2 years ago at least) then I will let ya know. Laughing

Edited to add - I found the originial thread. The person is still around...sailing on Costa next month.
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=9410610#post9410610
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 6:59 pm

OMG this is hilarious. I got to give her credit for having the guts to wear it though. Guess hubby likes the wife getting all that attention. Did you notice that she isn't wearing much more in his avatar pic?
Back to top Go down
lolomeme
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
lolomeme

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:08 pm

I don't see a wedding band on his hand!!!

Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Event

Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Ticker
Read and post cruise reviews
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:10 pm

chrystine wrote:
Did you notice that she isn't wearing much more in his avatar pic?

Yeah it's kind of hard to miss it. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:12 pm

so i went to that thread on cc and there is a pic of them and obviously she likes to wear barely nothing because there is some dark dress she has on that is hideous as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:12 pm

we both saw that at the same time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:14 pm

i'm telling you i can not stop looking at those pics. i am pretty sure i can see the crack of her a** in the one pic. even my husband who can be pretty raunchy was like that is disgusting.
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:22 pm

Can you imagine the questions parents got from the kids that seen this woman on their cruise?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:23 pm

Yes Pat, you can see it No Can you imagine what her bathing suit looks like.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:24 pm

why bother to wear anything
Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:13 pm

I got it!!! She was a contestant on American Idol!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.purpleparrottravel.com

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:36 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked scratch
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:59 am

a perfect example of just because you can, doesn't mean you should Shocked that is just eeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I wonder if she owns a mirror?
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:37 am

Several of those pictures have been posted mulitple times on numerous sites. I think it was a "special" cruise if you get my drift. lol!

d
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:00 am

Unfortunately being a free country has its disadvantages sometimes, unfortunately she has the
right to wear anything she wants and there is nothing we can do about it except complain. With
the cruiselines trying to get as many customers, I doubt they will ever be kicked out of any shp.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:01 am

i went to the cc site and saw the husband's post and he did not indicate it was a special cruise at all and if you saw their avatar the dress she was wearing for that was not much better than those chains.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:33 am

asanchez1961 wrote:
Unfortunately being a free country has its disadvantages sometimes, unfortunately she has the
right to wear anything she wants and there is nothing we can do about it except complain. With
the cruiselines trying to get as many customers, I doubt they will ever be kicked out of any shp.

Maybe not off any ship Aurea, but definitely out of the dining room, which is what happened. God Bless that Waiter! If you read the thread, the husband compared seeing her in that dress, to a naked woman , in an ad, for the spa. Oh my gosh, hellloooo....I am sorry, and I am no hottie myself, but if she were in the ad for the spa, seriously, how many would sign up? No comparison. The husband sounds like he is one banana short of a bunch... Wink
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:42 am

i agree with you 100%

I hope I never run into that couple. Lets hope she doesnt run into any cruisefreek
cruises, she wont be having a good time because we will be teaching her how to dress appropriately.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:57 am

Don't even say that! They said they are looking for another cruise line that is more flexible...scary affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:46 pm

frudutx wrote:
Several of those pictures have been posted mulitple times on numerous sites. I think it was a "special" cruise if you get my drift. lol!

d
Exactly what I was thinking...............lifestylers...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 1:06 pm

if she ever walked in to a dining room i was in you would hear my snide remarks at the least. maybe my body is no bargain but that's why i stepped on my husband's glasses and i won't give him money to get new ones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 1:19 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
if she ever walked in to a dining room i was in you would hear my snide remarks at the least. maybe my body is no bargain but that's why i stepped on my husband's glasses and i won't give him money to get new ones.

lol! Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Smiley-laughing021
Back to top Go down
Leanna N
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Leanna N

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:22 pm

So this is the famous dress Nick sent me on line to see... Well, it's ummm, "interesting". I have to wonder if HE would have been as cooperative as HER if the situation were reversed... Like my Dad always says there is no accounting for taste (or lack of it)! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: General Cruise Topics :: I Just Have To Say...-
Jump to: