Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see

Go down 
+18
mytee4ever
TV Guy
HelenB
Leanna N
frudutx
crzy4cruising
chrystine
Carole
lolomeme
Immebsmom
dream2cruise
thevacationstop
NDJollyMon
lordoftime
JJ2sail
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Hopeful Henry
Greta
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage

Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 1:16 am

Infi wrote:
Just saw the pics on the first page...WOW. There are no words for how tacky and awful that outfit is! ...maybe this bold couple was also bold enough to post them online.

To boldly go where no man has gone before - we now have synthesized the two themes of this long, fun, magnetically mesmerizing thread -

I keep thinking - airport metal detector.

What a shame if she wore that the last nite of the cruise, luggage out in the hall, picked up early, but then somehow misplaced and not to be found come morning. So it would be time to head to the airport wearing "that". Only then, perhaps, would she re-think that outfit!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 1:26 am

Tad, you have a lot of faith in her modesty. Me thinks she'd gladly wear that to the airport. Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:15 am

Yep, I think you are correct Susan. Modesty took the one way to trash town! Don't forget people, this couple is a "swingers" couple. I wonder if her dress style is sort of like advertisement for action? No
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:59 am

How do you know they are swingers ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:09 am

I found a thread they had posted on over at CC. There apparently was a group cruise for the "swinging" group they hang socialize with.And there were major complaints(surprise,surprise) on the boards after the cruise. I posted a link to it a few pages back on this thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:18 am

cruzinmama wrote:
crusinmama06 wrote:
OK I'll tell you the whole story as I remember it. (BTW, I didn't steal the pictures, Ginny found them online Laughing )

This couple sails on Carnival. They were regulars on the CC Carnival board. The husband MADE that chain mail dress for his wife. He was angry that the Carnvial Maitre D asked them to leave the dining room. He said she looked better than anything he saw on the ship.

He said the dress was heavy for her. But she has a "beautiful body" and deserved to wear it.

If I find the actual thread (this was from 2 years ago at least) then I will let ya know. Laughing

Edited to add - I found the originial thread. The person is still around...sailing on Costa next month.
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=9410610#post9410610

I found another thread that this couple posted on over at another place shall we call it? The reason she dresses this way is because they belong to a Swingers group, who went on a Group cruise together on Carnival, and some one else on the same cruise complained about some of the dress code, and "group activities" going on. This was actually a couple of years ago, and yes, they found another cruise line, Costa, Thank Heavens!
http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=430432&page=11 This is the thread , and here is a quote from hubby about it...

"We never did see anything illegal (excluding smuggling alcohol and Cuban cigars if you want to call it that) going on, but we don't deny that we weren't everywhere on board. But in general we tend to stop things long before they get out of hand since we don't drink, and can remind those that do that there are things you don't do in public.
Was there probably more general affection going on than normal? Sure. Girls kissing several guys, guys kissing several girls, girls kissing several girls, lot more hugging and playful swats on the butt than seen on a normal vacation most likely.
Risque clothing was definitely in abundance, but since my other half was probably one of the most risque dressers and what she wore was stuff she would wear out to a regular nightclub I don't think it's anything someone wouldn't see in downtown Orlando or Ybor city in Tampa. As it was we took pictures every night but the last with Carnival's photographers without any complaints.
If someone on this cruise personally saw inappropriate behaviour then hopefully you took pictures, please send those pictures to Carnival. The can get them to the people who can address this issue with those specific people and ensure that they are not on another cruise with our group. We police ourselves and each other for the most part.
Now what happens at 3am in the nightclub, I have no idea, except for one night we were in bed by that time.
Now the thing that most offended me was the same thing that offends me everyplace we seem to go; what are parents thinking letting their kids dress like some of those kids? And don't get me started on kids on the Promenade in the middle of the night. "

Yeah, I probably have way too much time on my hands, but it does explain a couple of things, doesn't it? Now, back to Trekkies..... BeamMeUp

This was it....
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:19 am

Did the couple respond to any of the complaints do you know ? Did anyone defend them ?
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:23 am

Is that the husband making his comments ?
He is complaining about the way kids dress ? is he mental ? he will give trekies a bad name ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:23 am

From what I read on the thread, there were many complaints, actually a few saying they witnessed sex parties going on, but the swingers defended all their actions onboard, saying people were being melo-dramatic about the whole thing. Then there were others who stated they were on this cruise, and never noticed anything more than the armbands this group wears to identify themselves. I definitely would have noticed hte lady in the dress though Shocked
Back to top Go down
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 6:18 pm

I might have noticed the armband thing & thought..."Oh a group". Unless they did something to make me wonder what type of group they were, I probably wouldn't have realized it was a swingers group. The dress though...might have noticed that especially if I was walking the promenade to get photos done at the same time. Or maybe when looking for my photos in the gallery. I would like to think that a group of swingers would be able to control themselves in public & "sex parties" were probably not happening in the public areas. (Wasn't on this cruise, just my opinion on the subject).

Towanda
Back to top Go down
Infi
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:28 pm

Very interesting...good detective work finding that thread!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:31 pm

oh this thread is still going? before i went on vacation i was obsessed with picture. i must have forwarded it to everyone i know
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: General Cruise Topics :: I Just Have To Say...-
Jump to: