Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see

Go down 
+18
mytee4ever
TV Guy
HelenB
Leanna N
frudutx
crzy4cruising
chrystine
Carole
lolomeme
Immebsmom
dream2cruise
thevacationstop
NDJollyMon
lordoftime
JJ2sail
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Hopeful Henry
Greta
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:17 pm

tony,

nothing concrete yet ... we have someone working the celeb angle, but of course until they commit 100% we can't post names.
Back to top Go down
HelenB
Resident Expert Family Cruising
Resident Expert Family Cruising
HelenB

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:13 pm

That sounds great, but April is a no go for us in terms of travel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:25 pm

HelenB wrote:
That sounds great, but April is a no go for us in terms of travel.
Helen, we knew that this was not going to work for families with school-aged children. And being that it requires 2 weeks off work we're unfortunately going to be excludng some folks that cannot take off that much time.

But that is why we do try to offer a wide variety of group options - realistically everyone cannot do every cruise.

And for sci-fi fans, we are already pre-planning a QUANTUM LEAP-YEAR group cruise for the week of leap day in Feb 2012. Of course we won't know ship, itinerary, cruise line, or anything for quite awhile, but some celebrities book their calendars 2-3 years in advance. So we're working on that now with more details to come in a year or two. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:33 pm

Tony how is this for a teaser - book by February 20, 2009 and Tina is going to include the pre-cruise package free and it's some package too!

Hotel - and not just any hotel, Susan & Tina are trying to get rooms at the Hotel del Coronado. Here is the website: http://www.hoteldel.com/

PLUS

Admission to the San Diego Zoo with lunch
Admission to SeaWorld - I believe lunch is included
Dinner in Old Town San Diego
Dinner on a Harbor Cruise

Oh and transfers to the pier from the hotel.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 6:00 pm

Nick...are you on the planning committee?
I'll need a ride in one of those BLUE ANGEL's jets please. :flying:

Hey...I heard that hotel is haunted.... hide
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 6:43 pm

Pete, yes, I was kind of the driving force behind this whole thing happening. Any chance you might be joining us?
Back to top Go down
misseddie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
misseddie

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:40 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
Nick...are you on the planning committee?
I'll need a ride in one of those BLUE ANGEL's jets please. :flying:

Hey...I heard that hotel is haunted.... hide
With the ghost of Captain Scarlet. affraid We know the Angels you'd like to fly...... lol!
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:42 am

[quote="Nick Needs To Know"]Tony how is this for a teaser - book by February 20, 2009 and Tina is going to include the pre-cruise package free and it's some package too!

Well the type of teaser I meant was realated to Sci Fi guests or events (even games ?).

BeamMeUp
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:45 am

Seems I don't know how to do quotes properly Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:10 pm

crusinmama06 wrote:
OK I'll tell you the whole story as I remember it. (BTW, I didn't steal the pictures, Ginny found them online Laughing )

This couple sails on Carnival. They were regulars on the CC Carnival board. The husband MADE that chain mail dress for his wife. He was angry that the Carnvial Maitre D asked them to leave the dining room. He said she looked better than anything he saw on the ship.

He said the dress was heavy for her. But she has a "beautiful body" and deserved to wear it.

If I find the actual thread (this was from 2 years ago at least) then I will let ya know. Laughing

Edited to add - I found the originial thread. The person is still around...sailing on Costa next month.
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=9410610#post9410610

I found another thread that this couple posted on over at another place shall we call it? The reason she dresses this way is because they belong to a Swingers group, who went on a Group cruise together on Carnival, and some one else on the same cruise complained about some of the dress code, and "group activities" going on. This was actually a couple of years ago, and yes, they found another cruise line, Costa, Thank Heavens!
http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=430432&page=11 This is the thread , and here is a quote from hubby about it...

"We never did see anything illegal (excluding smuggling alcohol and Cuban cigars if you want to call it that) going on, but we don't deny that we weren't everywhere on board. But in general we tend to stop things long before they get out of hand since we don't drink, and can remind those that do that there are things you don't do in public.
Was there probably more general affection going on than normal? Sure. Girls kissing several guys, guys kissing several girls, girls kissing several girls, lot more hugging and playful swats on the butt than seen on a normal vacation most likely.
Risque clothing was definitely in abundance, but since my other half was probably one of the most risque dressers and what she wore was stuff she would wear out to a regular nightclub I don't think it's anything someone wouldn't see in downtown Orlando or Ybor city in Tampa. As it was we took pictures every night but the last with Carnival's photographers without any complaints.
If someone on this cruise personally saw inappropriate behaviour then hopefully you took pictures, please send those pictures to Carnival. The can get them to the people who can address this issue with those specific people and ensure that they are not on another cruise with our group. We police ourselves and each other for the most part.
Now what happens at 3am in the nightclub, I have no idea, except for one night we were in bed by that time.
Now the thing that most offended me was the same thing that offends me everyplace we seem to go; what are parents thinking letting their kids dress like some of those kids? And don't get me started on kids on the Promenade in the middle of the night. "

Yeah, I probably have way too much time on my hands, but it does explain a couple of things, doesn't it? Now, back to Trekkies..... BeamMeUp
Back to top Go down
Immebsmom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Immebsmom

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 6:42 pm

[quote="cruzinmama"]
crusinmama06 wrote:
OK I'll tell you the whole story as I remember it. (BTW, I didn't steal the pictures, Ginny found them online Laughing )

Risque clothing was definitely in abundance, but since my other half was probably one of the most risque dressers and what she wore was stuff she would wear out to a regular nightclub I don't think it's anything someone wouldn't see in downtown Orlando or Ybor city in Tampa. As it was we took pictures every night but the last with Carnival's photographers without any complaints.

Well DAYAM!!! It isn't often that you find people who make Brittany Spears out on a bender giving the papparrazi the chance to photo her whoha look like Mary Poppins, but by goodness, we have!!! Oh and having been to Hollyweird after dark and walking around some of those night clubs, I can testify that I have NEVER seen an outfit like that going into that area. I wonder how many pull tabs he had to collect to make that thing!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:05 pm

lordoftime wrote:
Nick Needs To Know wrote:
Tony how is this for a teaser - book by February 20, 2009 and Tina is going to include the pre-cruise package free and it's some package too!

Well the type of teaser I meant was realated to Sci Fi guests or events (even games ?).

BeamMeUp

Tony,

As far as guests we can't say too much yet, other than there are active negotiations going on with celebrities but we can't say who until they sign the contract. Wink Needless to say, they ARE recognizable names within the sci fi world.

As for onboard activities, we'll definitely have an onboard charity auction - already getting some commitment on signed items that we'll be able to include in the auction. I'm hoping to have a Q&A session with whatever celebrity(s) are secured for the sailing, and a cocktail party/photo/autograph session too. Ultimately some of it depends on what the celeb(s) will agree to do.

As for other fun onboard activities, games, etc. we'll take all suggestions that everyone has, and implement what we can.
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:06 pm

Hi Susan,

Yes, you said previously it is far too soon to know who might be guest celebreties, I was just explaining to Nick what I meant by 'Teasers'.

I wonder if anyone in the forum has ever been on one before ?

I think Sci fi cruises should have their own topic, how anyone would think they were 'tacky and tasteless' is beyond me alien
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:10 pm

Tony,

They aren't tacky or tasteless ... but we got a bit off topic and some how ended up talking sci-fi at one point ... and well, here we are. Wink

BTW, I know one celeb has shown a lot of interest in doing this, and is currently negotiating his appearance fee. As soon as he's confirmed, we'll post it on the boards (maybe not in this thread though Laughing )
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Ivanova wrote:

BTW, I know one celeb has shown a lot of interest in doing this, and is currently negotiating his appearance fee. As soon as he's confirmed, we'll post it on the boards (maybe not in this thread though Laughing )

Maybe you could run a no prize competition to guess who it is Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Immebsmom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Immebsmom

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:07 pm

lordoftime wrote:
Ivanova wrote:

Maybe you could run a no prize competition to guess who it is Very Happy

Or offer a picture of the celebrity in an aluminum foil outfit just to keep it within the tacky and tasteless theme....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:11 pm

Ivanova wrote:
Tony,

They aren't tacky or tasteless ... but we got a bit off topic and some how ended up talking sci-fi at one point ... and well, here we are. Wink

Gee Susan, you know all I have to do is ask Ed... Wink
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:14 pm

No No No .

We are going to leave this tasteless topic behind and BEAM over to a 'pure' tasteful one devoted to Sci Fi Cruises.
AlienAmongUs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:46 pm

Ivanova wrote:
Tony,

You can ask - but Tina can tell Ed not to tell you. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 5:10 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 5:17 pm

Ivanova wrote:
Ivanova wrote:
Tony,

You can ask - but Tina can tell Ed not to tell you. Razz

stickingtongueout
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:06 pm

I think the celebrity alien is going to be...RON! alien

He looks like a cross between Chewbacca the Wookie and Spock!
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
Infi
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:46 pm

Just saw the pics on the first page...WOW. There are no words for how tacky and awful that outfit is! Wonder how people got ahold of them - they seem to be ship's photographers' photos...maybe this bold couple was also bold enough to post them online.

Now I'm sure the crew has seen EVERYTHING.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:52 pm

Infi wrote:
Just saw the pics on the first page...WOW. There are no words for how tacky and awful that outfit is! Wonder how people got ahold of them - they seem to be ship's photographers' photos...maybe this bold couple was also bold enough to post them online.

Yes, he actually did post them on Cruise Critic for all to see.
Back to top Go down
Infi
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 5:57 pm

Ivanova wrote:
Infi wrote:

Yes, he actually did post them on Cruise Critic for all to see.

Wow! Ridiculous. Clearly I have been reading the wrong stuff over there, but I think I'm glad about that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see   Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tacky and Tasteless - this is one you just HAVE to see
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: General Cruise Topics :: I Just Have To Say...-
Jump to: