Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

EOS out of NJ in January

Go down 
AuthorMessage

EOS out of NJ in January Empty
PostSubject: EOS out of NJ in January   EOS out of NJ in January Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 3:24 pm

Hi everyone,

I asked this on the EOS 2010 group cruise board, but thought I would also ask this question here.

We are considering a cruise on the EOS for next January. The itinerary looks great and it will be a nice break from our Canadian winters.

Can anyone give me any insight on what it is like sailing out of NJ in the winter?? I love the sailaway parties on the top deck in warm weather. I just can't picture this happening in January in NJ. Any insight on what to expect would be great. We are a group of two families with two kids each.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EOS out of NJ in January   EOS out of NJ in January Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 3:44 pm

Hi Livabeth,

I'm a little confused... If you are asking about general weather in the greater NJ/NYC area, it will be cold, always a chance of snow. Coming in early would be highly recommended.

If you're asking "when" it will begin to warm up when departing from NJ/NYC it varies but, the first day you board and the first full day at sea are usually "indoor" days but, by the second full day aboard you should be able to get outside.

Also, why not consider joining us for the 2010 Mystery Holiday Cruise out of Bayonne, we have a wonderful group going and the more the merrier!

Hopefully I answered your question and if not, let me know Very Happy

Nick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EOS out of NJ in January   EOS out of NJ in January Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:37 pm

Thanks Nick,

Yes, you did answer my question. I was trying to picture sailaway in the cold (hopefully not snow ... snow is a bad four letter word). I guess we will enjoy the festivities inside. We can drive to the port which will be great ... as long as we don't hit any major snow storm. We plan to leave 2 days ahead of time.

The crowd going on the Christmas 2010 cruise looks like a great and fun bunch of people. It may be alittle too early for me to book .. my husband will think i'm a "cruise freak". I'll have to watch for more information and based on how our plans go we can decide.

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: EOS out of NJ in January   EOS out of NJ in January Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 1:09 am

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
If you're asking "when" it will begin to warm up when departing from NJ/NYC it varies but, the first day you board and the first full day at sea are usually "indoor" days but, by the second full day aboard you should be able to get outside.

Nick

Average max temp in NYC for December....41F.
That's shorts weather! EOS out of NJ in January 7

EOS out of NJ in January CruiseAnimationPete
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: EOS out of NJ in January   EOS out of NJ in January Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:33 pm

Average temperature in Toronto, Canada in January is minus 10 celcius or 10 degrees farenheit. Brrrrr ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EOS out of NJ in January   EOS out of NJ in January Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EOS out of NJ in January
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean-
Jump to: